Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

To those wondering why he would come to us. Firstly, maybe he could negotiate a better contract for himself? Also if he came here he would be accepted by the fans in a heartbeat. Jury is not out. you might not be amazing on the ball but we need your attitude, dead ball ability, competative nature and captain's influence really really badly. And he absolutely definately 100% would get regular first team football.

I have repeated my views over and over again in the transfer thread re: Jedinak. Of the people who appear to be available in the market its the biggest no brainer to me. We have lacked a presence like his on the pitch since Petrov. imo.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Just turned 32 the other day. 1 year left on his contract. sell now or leaves on a free next year. Also they have a few midfielders on the books -  McArthur, Cabaye, Lee, Ledley, Mutch, Williams

Thanks, that makes perfect sense. let's hope this works out better than some of our recent purchases of premier league players reaching the end of their premier league years. :unsure:

Watched majority of the games he's played for Australia. He's solid in the middle of the park, will get stuck in, win tackles,  interceptions,  headers and is a very good penalty taker. Some games for us his passing has been rather terrible though.

Most importantly however he is a great captain and a great leader. One thing is for certain he will not give up when we conceed a goal. He will make sure the team gives a positive response. If we put out a team with elphick, jedinak and McCormack I really can't see us completely falling apart in games. 

he wouldnt be 1st Palace player I would go for in fairness but he will add a presence in midfield that Gana and Sanchez were supposed to provide. Ironically his passing is probably worse than Sanchez but he is not as naive

doesnt take a bad free kick though video is poor

He was a regular starter for Palace when they were promoted in 12/13 and for their first 18 months in premier league...it was him, McCarthur and Ledley, McJedley as it was known!

He's lost his place since they signed Cabaye. 

To me it's a no brainer though. We are crying out for a physical no-nonsense presence in central midfielder. Another leader aswell, can't have enough of them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KSV said:

Good signing. Hopefully only a 2 year deal though

At 32, I expect he'll be pushing for as long a contract as possible as it is likely to be his last contract on good pay. Wouldn't surprise me if he asks for 4 years and settles on 3 years as a compromise.

Â