Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

On 21/06/2018 at 16:43, VILLAMARV said:

Yeah sorry I've been messing about in the history thread with Villa players at the World Cup. That list is just the 4 players who have scored at a world cup while contracted to AVFC. And the amount of goals they scored. Maybe I should have said!

Anyway the fact that before him there were only 3 names on the list and 80odd years of World Cups just shows it's quite an achievement. And we should be pretty proud of him. Regardless of where we are (or whether we are I suppose!) in the league.

Well done Mile :hooray:

Especially since they're largely only at the World Cup because of his goals as well. 

On 22/06/2018 at 08:27, jacketspuds said:

Dammit Mile stop scoring!!!! Can already smell the wolves outside the door waiting to pick you up on the cheap when we're desperate for cash in July.

That wouldn't be the worst thing considering our current position tbh. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

That wouldn't be the worst thing considering our current position tbh. 

Yup. Sad sate of affairs where I was hoping he'd he'd have a good world cup so we could shift him.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2018 at 16:43, VILLAMARV said:

Yeah sorry I've been messing about in the history thread with Villa players at the World Cup. That list is just the 4 players who have scored at a world cup while contracted to AVFC. And the amount of goals they scored. Maybe I should have said!

Anyway the fact that before him there were only 3 names on the list and 80odd years of World Cups just shows it's quite an achievement. And we should be pretty proud of him. Regardless of where we are (or whether we are I suppose!) in the league.

Well done Mile :hooray:

weird of all is our limited number of players going to World Cups, just read Peter Withe first Villa player represent England at World Cup. 30 years after 1st qualified

we won European Cup that year and just 1 player involved

On 22/06/2018 at 08:27, jacketspuds said:

Dammit Mile stop scoring!!!! Can already smell the wolves outside the door waiting to pick you up on the cheap when we're desperate for cash in July.

I wouldn't mind letting Jedinak and Whelan go, we have Thor, Lansbury and of course we can purchase someone one cheaper wages to play in the defensive midfield position who is more mobile.

• Like 1

On 24/06/2018 at 00:39, Zatman said:

weird of all is our limited number of players going to World Cups, just read Peter Withe first Villa player represent England at World Cup. 30 years after 1st qualified

we won European Cup that year and just 1 player involved

Was Allan Evans in the Scotland Squad as well in 1982, from memory.  Kept out of team by Allen Hanson I think.

Withe was in the squad but not used during the World Cup.  Tony Morley was in the running for the squad but was cut at the last minute.   

Cowans really was the biggest mistake.  Robson and Coppell were part of that midfield, cant remember if Wilkins was as well.  They did take an injured Trevor Brooking who came on for Ten mins against Spain with Keegan.  Keegan was recovering from a bad back and just to try and make the World Cup if stuffed a tube up his arse and shot water up to treat it  :)

Still can see that headed miss from Keegan right at the end. :(

Villa need to get rid of him in the summer alongside Whelan and start building for the future of the club.

I’d be promoting Lyden to 1st choice DM when fit.

1 hour ago, striker said:

Villa need to get rid of him in the summer alongside Whelan and start building for the future of the club.

So get rid of a guy playing in the World Cup and replace him with an unproven young(ish) player who's spent more time on the treatment table than he has on the pitch.

I hope I'm not the only one trying to figure out the logic in this......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, striker said:

Based on what?

I'm not being facetious, but I haven't seen much of Lyden. Certainly not enough to decide that he's good enough to replace a guy currently playing (well) in the world cup, and one of our better performers last season/

I always get curious when people on here start talking up our youth players as ready for the 1st team. Fair enough you may have seen Lyden play a lot, but I imagine most people watch hardly any youth football.

• Like 1

So with Gabby and Terry gone is he now our highest paid player?

Rumored £50k/w is a lot for a broke championship club to pay to such a limited player.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Based on what?

I'm not being facetious, but I haven't seen much of Lyden. Certainly not enough to decide that he's good enough to replace a guy currently playing (well) in the world cup, and one of our better performers last season/

I always get curious when people on here start talking up our youth players as ready for the 1st team. Fair enough you may have seen Lyden play a lot, but I imagine most people watch hardly any youth football.

Lyden is good but nowhere near good enough to come in to our first team and replace Jedinak

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Lyden is good but nowhere near good enough to come in to our first team and replace Jedinak

^^^^^^^

See this is a guy who's opinion of the youth team I'll listen to because I know he watches them a lot

(even if he does get a bit carried away sometimes ;) )

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

^^^^^^^

See this is a guy who's opinion of the youth team I'll listen to because I know he watches them a lot

(even if he does get a bit carried away sometimes ;) )

Haha thanks Stevo985 :) I’m the only one sad enough 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

22 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He is never fit though.

Not previously no but Jedinak hasn't exactly been without injury problems either.

22 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So get rid of a guy playing in the World Cup and replace him with an unproven young(ish) player who's spent more time on the treatment table than he has on the pitch.

I hope I'm not the only one trying to figure out the logic in this......

I suppose I should have added more explanation to my post but you do know that the club have financial problems and due to those problems it would be absolute madness to retain an ageing player one season older on extortionate wages who also suffers from injuries on a regular basis.

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Based on what?

No I haven't seen Lyden play a lot and only in cameo appearances but for all of the above reasons already mentioned I really feel its time for the Villa to move on and start building for the future. Last point I wish to make is that with players like Jedinak, Whelan and Terry in the team, Villa failed to achieve promotion.

• Like 1

Â