Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

And have 1 up top or one of either Adomah or Grealish as the floater?

Jedinak

Lansbury - Hourihane 

Grealish

Kodjia - Hogan

Lansbury - Jedinak - Hourihane

Adomah - Hogan - Kodjia

I'd probably go with the 433, have Lansbury and Hourihane both push forward, not needing one of them to always stay back. 

Agree with the opinion that Jedinak is a vital player for us.

My hope is that with him in the side playing the defensive midfield role it will free up Lansbury and Hourihane to get forward more as we need them to if we're going to start solving this goal scoring problem.

• Like 1

I've got this terrible feeling that Bruce will sacrifice either Lansbury or Hourihane when Jedinak is fit. If he does it will be an insane move. I can't even believe I'm thinking he'll do it but the way he's chopped and changed the team recently, and considering the strange subs he had made, I can't help but think he'll do something strange when bringing back Jedinak. 

6 hours ago, deadlydion said:

Jedinak to play middle of 3 central defenders, Thor sitting behind Angela and Hooligan, Kodj and Hulk up top.  That is some weird shit but a part of me thinks thats our best side!!  Time for a lay down maybe!

I actually think Jedinak could be a handy CB, though I have no actual clue if he can play there. Massive presence and good ability to read the game surely are positives. 

On 2/18/2017 at 11:20, The Fun Factory said:

Regardless of the personal, we seem to lack proper width in the side with or without Jedinak.

Agreed. On that subject I think Lansbury can help us there. Adomah is able to play wide and although his crossing is suspect his desire to go on the outside has helped us. It was a good signing to bring in that sort of player.

But on the other wide we have nobody, apart from maybe Green but he's too young to be judged/criticised. Having Jedinak holding will hopefully release Lansbury to play passes 'through the middle', to players more used to making forward runs rather than winger ones.
It doesn't solve the problem of forwards then dwelling on the ball and letting the opposition defenders get back but it might get us through a little more.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, villarocker said:

I've got this terrible feeling that Bruce will sacrifice either Lansbury or Hourihane when Jedinak is fit. If he does it will be an insane move. I can't even believe I'm thinking he'll do it but the way he's chopped and changed the team recently, and considering the strange subs he had made, I can't help but think he'll do something strange when bringing back Jedinak. 

I really cannot see that happening when eventually Jedinak is available for selection again. Lansbury and Hourihane must be the first two names on the team sheet midfield wise with Mile playing in front of the two central defenders for me. Who else gets a game in the middle is open to question but I don't see Brucie making the insane move above that would only add to the terrible feelings we are all currently suffering from. ;) 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2017 at 00:10, The Fun Factory said:

The stats point that he has been a good player for us. I can't remember him doing anything well though, and seems to no pace.

Still when fit we can't be picky and he needs to be back in.

Watch the effect he has on others as opposed to what he does himself.....because what he does himself ,will not be eye candy.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

One thing for sure is we need a dm in summer as Lansbury is not a dm and bjarson looks average at best.

Jedinak is getting on now and at 33 we can't rely on him for full season

Crew     Shall.......(Said in Patwah)

Edited by TRO

Just a massive "meh".  He undoubtedly wins headers in the middle of the park but is almost as clumsy as Carlos Sanchez and cannot keep up with midfield runners at all.  I wish we didn't have him so we didn't have this "problem".

• Like 2

So essential to us, has to start every game and have team operate around him. Unfortunately we got him about 2 years to late as he doesn't have the legs any more to rely on him getting through a full match. No matter who the manager is, 1st thing we need to do in summer along with sort a keeper is sign a younger version of Jedi and have some cover for him.

Edited by honest_bertie
  • Like 4

Makes a huge difference to us. Though a very casual header'd clearance by him towards the end of the game. Bruce needs to get him to just hoof it whenever the ball comes to him and we're under pressure. Some players I'd like to see try and pass it out. Jedinak isn't one of them.

But he gives the back four so much protection. Absolutely essential to us really. 

Â