James Chester

KJT123

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

You said if he was that good then Man utd wouldn't have let him go. Nobody is saying he is "that good"

What people are saying is he's one of the best defenders in the Championship. Which he is.

Agreed

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

Not being funny SGC, but i'm not sure you should be commenting on anybody else being OTT ? You have been known to get quite carried away with your excitement over certain players ?

Swings and roundabouts my friend

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Honestly, describing Chester as "ok" (at this level) is underrating him hugely.

He's an excellent championship CB.

Has anyone said he's an "ok Championship defender", or just that he's "ok"?

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Has anyone said he's an "ok Championship defender", or just that he's "ok"?

Well he's a championship player, playing in the championship, for a championship club. This will also be the case next season if we're talking about Aston Villa.

I assumed that context was being taken into account?

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Well he's a championship player, playing in the championship, for a championship club. This will also be the case next season if we're talking about Aston Villa.

I assumed that context was being taken into account?

So if you're the best player in the Championship, you'd rightfully be called "the best player" without any addition, because all of that context is being taken into account?  I mean, it's doubtful.

Just now, bobzy said:

So if you're the best player in the Championship, you'd rightfully be called "the best player" without any addition, because all of that context is being taken into account?  I mean, it's doubtful.

Eh?

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

dont be so sure...various ITKs on both sides reporting it as being done this afternoon

would be the cherry on top of some seriously shit decision making the last regime if true

Well the takeover can’t be a surprise to the Club, so I’m happy to accept that if he, or any other player, has been sold it’s because it was necessary.

15 hours ago, bobzy said:

Come on seriously, he's better than OK. 

Not great but there are a lot of players out there you could label OK, he started at a massive club, has played for big/reputable clubs since and has played in a euro championship semi final. He is better than OK. 

Add in his dependability in terms of fitness and he's a bloody golden nugget for us where we are right now. My stoke mate reckons he's signing for them, even after today's news, though I don't personally believe him. 

On 19/07/2018 at 19:06, Dr_Pangloss said:

Our best centre half by a mile last season and one of the very best in the league, losing him will be a catastrophe. 

watch the Cardiff game away from home and witness the mauling he got from Zohore

He gets out muscled by powerful centre forwards in particular too easily at times, he has good points, but his flaws are there to see......struggles with composure if opponents get in his face.

overrated IMO

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

watch the Cardiff game away from home and witness the mauling he got from Zahore

He gets out muscled by powerful centre forwards in particular too easily at times, he has good points, but his flaws are there to see......struggles with composure if opponents get in his face.

overrated IMO

Hr's not wht you'd describe as being a monster physically, but he was our best player last season at the back by a mile. Might have been our player of the season. Got a few more seasons left in him at this level. I'd only sell him if we know we've got better comgin through from the academy ready to step up. 

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

watch the Cardiff game away from home and witness the mauling he got from Zahore

overrated IMO

A little harsh TRO, although not entirely unfair. He probably needs a Ken McNaught next to him, to deal with any unpleasantness.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

A little harsh TRO, although not entirely unfair. He probably needs a Ken McNaught next to him, to deal with any unpleasantness.....

possibly.

It wasn't meant to be harsh Dave.....I like the fella in terms of persona.....but I watched him carefully last season.

I can't put it any other way.....I think we need more power and presence in the centre of defence......This league demands it.

He is not exactly blessed with pace either.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â