James Chester

KJT123

The Daily Mail claim we still owe some money to WBA on the original deal so £5m from Stoke might not have brought that much into our club. Positive that we have not took the first offer made no matter how low it was.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2018 at 17:08, Zatman said:

Brighton have Duffy, Dunk and Balogun. Cant see why they or he would go there

Do they have a 4th CB of any quality? You generally want 4 you wouldn't be embarrassed to play in the PL. 

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do they have a 4th CB of any quality? You generally want 4 you wouldn't be embarrassed to play in the PL. 

But would chester want that? Duffy and Dunk is guaranteed partnership 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But would chester want that? Duffy and Dunk is guaranteed partnership 

IMO he's pretty naive if he thinks he's going to any PL team as a starter, with the exception of Fulham or Cardiff. 

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

IMO he's pretty naive if he thinks he's going to any PL team as a starter, with the exception of Fulham or Cardiff. 

As you know ? im not a big Chester fan but i think some teams in premier league could do a job for. Wolves play 3 defenders but none are quality

20 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I think it's only a matter of time until he goes to Stoke unfortunately, I'd say they're not too far off what we'd sell for and it won't be the 10m we hope for.

as said earlier Why would he go there. Its a sidewards step and he has already played 2 seasons in Championship and can think can go up

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

as said earlier Why would he go there. Its a sidewards step and he has already played 2 seasons in Championship and can think can go up

You are kidding right? They have 2 years of parachute payments and are a well run club. We are skint and an administrative basket case. 

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

You are kidding right? They have 2 years of parachute payments and are a well run club. We are skint and an administrative basket case. 

yeah but I mean the level. He has spent 2 years in Championship and if move be better to move up the league

8 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

I think it's only a matter of time until he goes to Stoke unfortunately, I'd say they're not too far off what we'd sell for and it won't be the 10m we hope for.

I would think we would listen to a £7m bid but would hope to get £8m. I wonder how much of that will go to WBA?

We should be holding out for £10m minimum, he's worth at least £12m but with the club in the state it's in we are always going to lose him for less.

As with all players we need a few clubs interested to start a bidding war to get prices up from the ridiculous offers (aka £5m) that we are likely to receive.

I worry what our centre back partnership will be like next year without Chester, he is by far one of the best centre backs we have had at the club in recent years.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

As you know ? im not a big Chester fan but i think some teams in premier league could do a job for. Wolves play 3 defenders but none are quality

Why aren’t you a big fan of Chester? In my opinion, he’s been outstanding for us, easily a Premier League centre back

If we keep knocking back bids then it makes you wonder what the bloody hell is happening behind the scenes?

Are we in the shit as much as we are meant to be?

Is there someone taking over.

As negative as it all is lately it is refreshing to see we are not being taken with our pants down. We have knocked back 9 bids so far already for various players from various clubs.

:detect:

On 16/07/2018 at 17:50, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why aren’t you a big fan of Chester? In my opinion, he’s been outstanding for us, easily a Premier League centre back

That's basically everyone's opinion.

For some bizarre reason Zatman doesn't think he's very good. And he's not even English ;) 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's basically everyone's opinion.

For some bizarre reason Zatman doesn't think he's very good. And he's not even English ;) 

Just think he is overrated and would get found out in top flight. Even better Championship teams he looked all over place at times

He was born in Warrington. maybe thats it ;)

• Like 1

Â