James Chester

KJT123

15 minutes ago, Junxs said:

So the official website has a photo gallery of the returning squad today, couldnt help but notice no photos of James Chester..

Could be reading too much into it, but you would have thought they would rather put up a photo of the captain rather than the ones they put up of McKirdy, Bunn (who I thought had been relesed) or Ritchie de Laet

Jack was in the gallery and James was mentioned as among those there. Fingers crossed then.

Aston Villa players reported back to the Recon Training Complex on Wednesday for the first day of pre-season.

After a six-week break, the squad returned refreshed on a glorious morning in Warwickshire.

Senior players Alan Hutton, James Chester and Jonathan Kodjia were among those first through the door, while the likes of Gary Gardner and Harry McKirdy arrived back following loan spells last season.

You can see the full gallery by clicking the link in the header image

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/07/04/gallery-first-day-back-2018-19

• Like 2

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Is that Mark Bunn? How is Mark Bunn still at the club? I know he is looking at going into coaching but what a waste of a salary. Have we gave him another year?

He’s a very good goalkeeper, Sarkic will learn from him

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a very good goalkeeper, Sarkic will learn from him

Please can you stop over hyping all of our players? I know it's your thing but it's a bit much. Mark Bunn isn't a very good goalkeeper at all, that is the reason why he's played less than 200 games in his career and why he's played less than 100 games in the last 10 years! Off topic sorry.

Just now, daggy_333 said:

Please can you stop over hyping all of our players? I know it's your thing but it's a bit much. Mark Bunn isn't a very good goalkeeper at all, that is the reason why he's played less than 200 games in his career and why he's played less than 100 games in the last 10 years! Off topic sorry.

I thought he was great for Northampton Town, in my opinion, he’s a very good goalkeeper, I’m not offending anyone I don’t think. I’m trying to be positive 

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought he was great for Northampton Town, in my opinion, he’s a very good goalkeeper, I’m not offending anyone I don’t think. I’m trying to be positive 

He left Northampton 10 years ago and he's hardly played since! There's being positive and then there's claiming that Mark Bunn is a 'very good goalkeeper'. You're welcome to your opinion, but in MY opinion you're completely wrong.

4 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

He left Northampton 10 years ago and he's hardly played since! There's being positive and then there's claiming that Mark Bunn is a 'very good goalkeeper'. You're welcome to your opinion, but in MY opinion you're completely wrong.

Fair enough, why did we buy him then? You have to be of a certain standard to have a contract at this club

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Is that Mark Bunn? How is Mark Bunn still at the club? I know he is looking at going into coaching but what a waste of a salary. Have we gave him another year?

I might be wrong but think he is our 3rd or 4th longest serving player ?

15 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Fair enough, why did we buy him then? You have to be of a certain standard to have a contract at this club

I'm not so sure about that...

31BF3DAC00000578-3473799-Aston_Villa_duo

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 4

Â