Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

34 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Pretty sure most of us think he should at least have been given a chance. Problem is Bruce hates him, and will let one of our biggest signings just see his contract out. 

The problem is mcormack is a lazy, unfit, overweight w*nker. Nothing to do with Bruce in the slightest. You could tell from day 1 he was here for that final big pay cheque, massive waste of money. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

The problem is mcormack is a lazy, unfit, overweight w*nker. Nothing to do with Bruce in the slightest. You could tell from day 1 he was here for that final big pay cheque, massive waste of money. 

Yea this just isn't true at all. McCormack was fine under RDM for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No he wasnt! He was shit then too. 

Talk about revisionsit opinions!! 

McCormack hit the post I believe 4 times and scored a few goals for us. He was not bad at all, but then he had his mental breakdown and Bruce never forgave him for that. 

38 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Yea this just isn't true at all. McCormack was fine under RDM for a while. 

All 12 games where we won once and he scored once or twice? Glad you reminded me how prolific he was until Bruce turned up and ruined his career. Bruce out. 

Bruce does have a habit of falling out with players and isolating them - Bent, Gyan, Melbranque, Ben Arfa. I'm not saying that McCormack didn't have issues, but to accept that it was all one way may be a little bit simple. None of us know the whole story.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dale said:

Bruce does have a habit of falling out with players and isolating them - Bent, Gyan, Melbranque, Ben Arfa. I'm not saying that McCormack didn't have issues, but to accept that it was all one way may be a little bit simple. None of us know the whole story.

We know walls have ears.

If only Gates had mouths.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

All 12 games where we won once and he scored once or twice? Glad you reminded me how prolific he was until Bruce turned up and ruined his career. Bruce out. 

The list is getting bigger.

I guess we could add Elphick? De Laet, Bree, Hogan and soon to be Tuanzebe to his list.  Imo.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

So either he's a fat, lazy POS or he was prolific?

Like @Czechlad said, he was absolutely fine for us when he first signed.

• Like 2

Thank you. I am not saying McCormack was some god on the pitch before Bruce took over, but Ross was doing alright. We had a brand new team, and there were clear kinks that needed to be worked out. McCormack showed promising signs, but we couldn't see out matches due to us constantly conceding late goals. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Thank you. I am not saying McCormack was some god on the pitch before Bruce took over, but Ross was doing alright. We had a brand new team, and there were clear kinks that needed to be worked out. McCormack showed promising signs, but we couldn't see out matches due to us constantly conceding late goals. 

He was about 2 stone overweight when he arrived and about 3 stone overweight by the time RDM left !

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

So either he's a fat, lazy POS or he was prolific?

Like @Czechlad said, he was absolutely fine for us when he first signed.

But he wasn't fine was he? He was dreadful. He didn't look interested from day 1 the only reason it didn't stand out so much is because how bad we were under Di matteo. 

10 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

But he wasn't fine was he? He was dreadful. He didn't look interested from day 1 the only reason it didn't stand out so much is because how bad we were under Di matteo. 

It's easy to say that in hindsight but I remember people being encouraged by his performances and his link-up play with Jack in particular. He had loads of chances he failed to convert to my recollection. Then Gategate happened and the rest is history as they say.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's easy to say that in hindsight but I remember people being encouraged by his performances and his link-up play with Jack in particular. He had loads of chances he failed to convert to my recollection. Then Gategate happened and the rest is history as they say.

He has become a very popular whipping boy. I was impressed with him when he did play for us. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Czechlad said:

McCormack hit the post I believe 4 times and scored a few goals for us. He was not bad at all, but then he had his mental breakdown and Bruce never forgave him for that. 

He scored  3 goals for us in his entire Villa career and one of those was playing for Steve.

Sorry to disrupt the narrative a bit but facts is facts.

11 hours ago, briny_ear said:

He scored  3 goals for us in his entire Villa career and one of those was playing for Steve.

Sorry to disrupt the narrative a bit but facts is facts.

3 goals = a few. Not sure what you're disputing here.

Â