Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

McCormack is a joke along with everyone suggesting that someone other than himself is to blame for his troubles.

It's almost as funny as people ganging up with Leeds fans (who only joined the board earlier in the summer to poke fun at our (then) impending demise) in rounding on the Manager.

What an odd period in time.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

When we offered him back to Fulham, their players told basically begged the board not to sign him.

That should tell you all you need to know, some problems can't be fixed.

It just goes to show you how little due diligence was done when we splashed £12m on him. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

McCormack is a joke along with everyone suggesting that someone other than himself is the blame for his troubles.

No one is saying he isn't to blame, he got punished for being a dick, then punished a second and a third time, now he's still at the club burning off wages and the 12 mil it cost us. 

whatever is there between him and Bruce is now petty, personal and pathetic, it goes against the interests of the club, the owners should have said 'sort it the f*ck out'.

• Like 2

Just now, villa89 said:

It just goes to show you how little due diligence was done when we splashed £12m on him. 

Yeah, was a terrible signing financially even without any personal issues.

If you factor them in it's probably the worst signing at least in resent years.

Could Bruce have handled it better? Who knows.

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

the due diligence of him being a success at virtually every other club except ours?

and i don't even like the guy, i just dislike the money and wages we are losing more.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

No one is saying he isn't to blame, he got punished for being a dick, then punished a second and a third time, now he's still at the club burning off wages and the 12 mil it cost us. 

whatever is there between him and Bruce is now petty, personal and pathetic, it goes against the interests of the club, the owners should have said 'sort it the f*ck out'.

Absolutely this 100% - I don't give a flying fig if no one at the club likes him - as long as they Tee him up and he does the rest - that's all that matters really 

i'll await the usual response 

• Like 3

I think Terry was great for us, but I would say he has done far worse than McCormack.

When we were so short on strikers, it is incredible that we were able to basically bin this guy.

I was self-employed for many years, and often had to work with complete arseholes, some even on my own staff.

Shit happens. I think Bruce should have sorted it out for the sake of the club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.

If you think this is all due to a personal vendetta from the Manager you need your head examining.

• Like 1

Blaming Bruce for McCormack being a colossal and un-interested turd is beyond ludicrous.

For the record I want Bruce to go ASAP, but McCormack is now beyond useless as a footballer....you can't help those that don't want to be helped.

Are we just going to pretend he wasn't complete gash during his loan to Nottingham Forest? 

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.

If you think this is all due to a personal vendetta from the Manager you need your head examining.

between him AND Bruce, and McCormack is definitely more to blame than anyone. But it takes two people to form a dispute without resolution.

• Like 2

Not Bruce's fault in the slightest, he had a big chance at a big club nd was everything but the model professional he should have been given that opportunity. End of.

If he has issues that mitigate that, then fair enough, depression, addiction issues and stuff can hit anybody I spose if their life is missing some key components especially. None of that is anything to do with Bruce, Bruce was insisting on him being here on time and giving a shit in training. Things which would actually in the long run had he knuckled down, probably have helped him with the other shit (if there was any).

Either way, If McCormack can't honour the terms of his contract he should pay the consequences.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

Blaming Bruce for McCormack being a colossal and un-interested turd is beyond ludicrous.

For the record I want Bruce to go ASAP, but McCormack is now beyond useless as a footballer....you can't help those that don't want to be helped.

Are we just going to pretend he wasn't complete gash during his loan to Nottingham Forest? 

People want to believe it is all down to McCormack and maybe it is, but statements like 'can't help those that don't want to be helped' are speculation unless you know the guy personally.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

People want to believe it is all down to McCormack and maybe it is, but statements like 'can't help those that don't want to be helped' are speculation unless you know the guy personally.

Isn't speculating exactly what we are all doing in this thread? We don't personally know either the manger or the player and don't know any of the conversations/actions that have taken place since RM pretended his gates didn't work.

3 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

...and yet they clearly haven't, which should really tell you everything..

They would have done their due dilligence when they bought the club, everything would have or should have been scrutinised. I imagine the value left on his contract and the next 2 years installments has already been mentally written off at this point.

Even if Bruce was sacked tomorrow. I doubt Ross would be brought back into the fold. He's done here.

I remember this was from last year after the Gate Gate scandal.

Don't know how true this is, but damning indictment about McCormack

FULHAM have dropped their interest in Ross McCormack – after boss Slavisa Jokanovic warned off the Scot by the Fulham dressing room.

Cottagers chief Joka was considering a switch to re-sign the striker on loan this January, having sold him to Aston Villa in the summer for £12million.

A clutch of clubs are reportedly ready to move for the forward but SunSport understands Fulham are no longer one of those.

That was after Jokanovic consulted his players over the prospect of bringing back McCormack – and the feedback was negative.

Scotland cap McCormack was understood to be a disruptive influence last season, despite being the club’s – and possibly the division’s – best player.

And it appears the Cottagers’ squad, where Jokanovic has bred a team-first mentality that has helped produce arguably the finest football in the division, gave short shrift to the idea of the ex-Leeds man returning.

Now if this is true, surely everbody can fully understand Bruce's actions.

Edited by NeilS

17 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I remember this was from last year after the Gate Gate scandal.

Don't know how true this is, but damning indictment about McCormack

FULHAM have dropped their interest in Ross McCormack – after boss Slavisa Jokanovic warned off the Scot by the Fulham dressing room.

Cottagers chief Joka was considering a switch to re-sign the striker on loan this January, having sold him to Aston Villa in the summer for £12million.

A clutch of clubs are reportedly ready to move for the forward but SunSport understands Fulham are no longer one of those.

That was after Jokanovic consulted his players over the prospect of bringing back McCormack – and the feedback was negative.

Scotland cap McCormack was understood to be a disruptive influence last season, despite being the club’s – and possibly the division’s – best player.

And it appears the Cottagers’ squad, where Jokanovic has bred a team-first mentality that has helped produce arguably the finest football in the division, gave short shrift to the idea of the ex-Leeds man returning.

Now if this is true, surely everbody can fully understand Bruce's actions.

i think many have proven he is a bell end, but he has still managed to have a long and pretty prolific goal scoring career out of it which doesn't really make any sense.

RDM had no problem with him (all be it he didn't have long), neither did Bruce until Gate, Gate, then it all went down hill.

So many players are dicks, it sounds to me like Ross has an ego and thought he was above everyone else and the rules didn't apply to him especially when it came to training and keeping in shape, he won't be the first and he won't be the last. If he was acting like that and still scoring goals on that salary and with that transfer fee i would just turn the other cheek, if the rest of the locker room hated him and their performances suffered directly then yeah fair enough, get rid, no evidence of that at Villa though that we know of.

for me as a Villa fan this is more about the players like Ross we sign every season for huge fees and wages then never play again, i doubt we are alone on this but it feels like we set records on how many highly paid players we have around doing nothing. Last year we had Gabby, Micah and McCormack, looks like we are adding RDL and Lansbury to that list.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

between him AND Bruce, and McCormack is definitely more to blame than anyone. But it takes two people to form a dispute without resolution.

Just think about the lack of noise that's come from McCormack since.

Think about that and tell me he's in any way shape or form seemingly interested in reviving his career.

For me, any sort of even mediocre professional will have been in the news talking about their frustrations at a lack of chances, he's said nothing. That in itself speaks volumes.

I don't even know why I'm bothering, if SB is even remotely involved in the equation it's his fault right? 

Â