Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

3 goals = a few. Not sure what you're disputing here.

3 goals = a very few. 

What I am disputing is the idea that he was doing fine under RDM but the Bruce froze him out in some way. 

He was pretty ineffective as s striker from the start.

28 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

3 goals = a very few. 

What I am disputing is the idea that he was doing fine under RDM but the Bruce froze him out in some way. 

He was pretty ineffective as s striker from the start.

Well you're not doing a very good job of it, as goal return isn't a very good indicator of whether or not someone was doing "fine". It just tells you how many goals a player has scored, and not the myriad of factors that explain it. For comparison Kodjia also scored only 3 goals before Bruce arrived. Pretty sure he was doing fine as well.

Just because he wasn't pulling up trees doesn't mean he wasn't "fine". Look back at this thread, it was very positive during the first couple of months of his time here (around pages 40-60 if you want to have a look). The consensus was that he was a creative spark and should have had a few more goals if it weren't for some poor finishing and selfishness from Jordan Ayew and Kodjia who are not renowned for laying it on a plate for their teammates. 

• Like 3

I went to sheffield weds the first Di Matteo game and I couldn't believe how fat McCormack was.  He couldn't move. who ever did due diligence on this signing needs to go and jump off beachy head.

he looked like one of those guys you see at power league when they sign up a team for the first time and every one pulls out so they have to call their hungover mate in as back up

The only thing he ever did to hint of any ability was a little link up with grealish in one of the home games when he back heeled it during a give and go.

19 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

He has become a very popular whipping boy. I was impressed with him when he did play for us. 

I was too. He always seemed like one of the few people we had on the pitch that actually had a 'footballing brain'. His movement was decent, his link up play was good and he seemed to be just falling down when it came to his finishing. Before some smart arse chips in with the usual 'players get better when they don't play' crap, if you scroll back you will see that I said the exact same thing, or something similar, back when he was on the bench.

Regarding his weight, I remember Leeds and Fulham fans saying that he was always stocky, and there were photos posted of him playing for them and not looking like a Luke Chadwick streak of piss.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, briny_ear said:

He scored  3 goals for us in his entire Villa career and one of those was playing for Steve.

Sorry to disrupt the narrative a bit but facts is facts.

That is literally what I said, so thanks for backing my point up. 

54 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I went to sheffield weds the first Di Matteo game and I couldn't believe how fat McCormack was.  He couldn't move. who ever did due diligence on this signing needs to go and jump off beachy head.

he looked like one of those guys you see at power league when they sign up a team for the first time and every one pulls out so they have to call their hungover mate in as back up

The only thing he ever did to hint of any ability was a little link up with grealish in one of the home games when he back heeled it during a give and go.

Ross-McCormackdcx.jpg

"Couldn't believe how fat McCormack was"

You must be a twig if you consider this very fat. 

• Like 3

that's a complementary angle. like when you are swiping thru tinder and the girl is looking up towards the camera. I always swipe left for those charlatans.

McCorrmack is obviously a tinderer he's pulled in his belly and sucking in his cheeks. all he needs to complete his profile is the big fish in his outstretched arms

anyway I bet that is not the sheffield wedsbury game. I don't recall villa wearing black armbands that day. and he was 100% breathing through his ring piece.

51 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

that's a complementary angle. like when you are swiping thru tinder and the girl is looking up towards the camera. I always swipe left for those charlatans.

McCorrmack is obviously a tinderer he's pulled in his belly and sucking in his cheeks. all he needs to complete his profile is the big fish in his outstretched arms

anyway I bet that is not the sheffield wedsbury game. I don't recall villa wearing black armbands that day. and he was 100% breathing through his ring piece.

This was him during the Wednesday match. What a fatso

Image result for ross mccormack aston villa sheffield wednesday

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Well you're not doing a very good job of it, as goal return isn't a very good indicator of whether or not someone was doing "fine". It just tells you how many goals a player has scored, and not the myriad of factors that explain it. For comparison Kodjia also scored only 3 goals before Bruce arrived. Pretty sure he was doing fine as well.

Just because he wasn't pulling up trees doesn't mean he wasn't "fine". Look back at this thread, it was very positive during the first couple of months of his time here (around pages 40-60 if you want to have a look). The consensus was that he was a creative spark and should have had a few more goals if it weren't for some poor finishing and selfishness from Jordan Ayew and Kodjia who are not renowned for laying it on a plate for their teammates. 

OK, if those are the standards being applied to evaluate McCormack, I agree: he wasn’t scoring many goals but he was doing “fine”.

Just to say those standards are not always applied to Villa players on this site.

Wonder what Ross has done to get a such a free pass?

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

OK, if those are the standards being applied to evaluate McCormack, I agree: he wasn’t scoring many goals but he was doing “fine”.

Just to say those standards are not always applied to Villa players on this site.

Salifou Syndrome

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Not sure if you're deliberately missing the point or just moving the goalposts.

He doesn't get a free pass and nobody said he did? Clearly he's still paying for his sins.

But the point was that he was not the complete car crash of a transfer he is now at the time of his signing up until his infamous falling out with the manager.

He was still a very serviceable asset who many had high hopes for. By all means dispute that point, but no need to twist people's words.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Ross is not getting a free pass at all. He came to this club, didn't perform to the level we thought he would, and he ruined his own career these last couple seasons.

I was just trying to clear up that Ross was never "horrendous" nor was he "fat". 

I think the way Bruce has treated Ross since the first season has been unfair. Ross showed up to preseason of 2017 fit, and did well. He was one of the bright sparks. Ross said he wanted to prove himself to Bruce, but Bruce refused to give him a chance. Ross didn't throw a fit, or go to the media. He went on loan, smashed it (albeit in Australia), and came back to not get a chance yet again. 

10 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Sorry but the idea that Steve has treated McCormack unfairly is ludicrous. He’s given him lots of chances and he hasn’t taken them.

How do you figure that? He's made just 2 league cup substitute appearances for us since Gategate.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Sorry but the idea that Steve has treated McCormack unfairly is ludicrous. He’s given him lots of chances and he hasn’t taken them.

Errr what? He really hasn't. I'm stunned that you would even try to argue that.

Go on then, list the lots of chances he has had.

Was listening to the Australian Fox Football podcast earlier today and when McCormack to Central Coast came up one journalist mentioned that when McCormack was at Melbourne City he was organised to do morning radio spots several times and didn’t turn up once.

• Like 1

Â