Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

16 hours ago, omariqy said:

I think McCormack has his fair share of the blame too tbh.

Last season his actions weren't acceptable but now he's still here he has to be used. We play every 3/4 days you need a big squad with options. Bruce will flog Kodija to death now he's just returned if he breaks down we are in trouble. 

Villa have already been in trouble without Kodjia so you raise a fair point but if Davis and Hogan were used together and O'Hare played more then I don't think Kodjia would be missed as much. I also feel Villa would be more of a team rather than having to rely solely on a maverick goal scorer or an inept McCormack to supply him.

Edited by striker

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm a fan of Davis but we're struggling for goals and invariably start a £15m Scott Hogan on the bench and leave a £12m Ross McCormack in the stands, it's madness. It's yet another in a long line of garbage decisions from a garbage manager.

Cutting off his nose to spite his face - not about what's best for Aston villa but about Steve Bruce showing who's boss - hopefully not for much longer .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

Cutting off his nose to spite his face - not about what's best for Aston villa but about Steve Bruce showing who's boss - hopefully not for much longer .

If the ITK's are to be believed the problems with ross mccormack are his own personal issues and it's not really a stick to beat Bruce with, but there are plenty of other reasons to slate Bruce. 

Edited by villa89

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If the ITK's are to be believed the problems with ross mccormack are his own personal issues and it's not really a stick to beat Bruce with, but there are plenty of other reasons to slate Bruce. 

I'm not saying Ross isn't to blame but having offered him a clean slate in the summer he should at least be in his thoughts now considering our failure to score goals - I saw McCormack in 2 friendlies and he put himself about and looked dangerous - yet Bruce claimed he hadn't looked anywhere near good enough . 

Poor man management putting the player down so publically in my opinion . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm a fan of Davis but we're struggling for goals and invariably start a £15m Scott Hogan on the bench and leave a £12m Ross McCormack in the stands, it's madness. It's yet another in a long line of garbage decisions from a garbage manager.

McCormak and Hogan could have possibly played well with each other now I think of it, both intelligent little forwards who would create space and put good balls through to each other.

19 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I'm not saying Ross isn't to blame but having offered him a clean slate in the summer he should at least be in his thoughts now considering our failure to score goals - I saw McCormack in 2 friendlies and he put himself about and looked dangerous - yet Bruce claimed he hadn't looked anywhere near good enough . 

Poor man management putting the player down so publically in my opinion . 

Could not agree more - whilst holding the olive branch to you know who - who struggles to hit 5-6 goals per season - it's ridiculous imo 

2 hours ago, KSV said:

Hope he starts against Boro in the cup.. lets see if hes still up for it.. if he scores a goal and plays well.. may be a good option on the bench

Suppose we may as well tbh! Although Id like to see Hogan given the full game and those 2 didnt look great in pre season.

Took a good while to get into the game, not sure he had a touch in the first half, worked hard but down to 10 men he had no chance,

Played a lovely ball through to Hogan...who failed to connect 6 yards out. Standard.

At one point won a free kick, put the ball down quickly and passed it to to the nearest man to get the game going sharpish, and then realised as it bounced off their ankle nobody in the team was interested in playing football at any tempo.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

At one point won a free kick, put the ball down quickly and passed it to to the nearest man to get the game going sharpish, and then realised as it bounced off their ankle nobody in the team was interested in playing football at any tempo.

That type of stuff has no place in a Steve Bruce team. All free kicks must be hoofed, it is known. No wonder he can't even get on the bench.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, hansardtony said:

He touched the ball 4 times in 60 minutes! Amazingly he almost scored when he got a flick following a Samba header. Ready for the first team - no chance.

Well he couldn't be could he given his enforced exclusion? - what could we reasonably expect from him?

The guy has a bad habit of scoring goals at this level - madness in my view not to give him another run of opportunities 

Â