Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

16 hours ago, Ponky said:

They're are owned by the Sheiks that own the Man City. I think they'll manage. 

The question is how they fit it into their salary cap. 

I hope he flops though. Melbourne City are the Birmingham City to my Melbourne Victory. I hate the prick already. :-D

To me, they are the A League's plastic club. Its just down the road from where I am now, so I am tempted to go watch him play. Not a fan of the club at all though.

@Ponky So, not a Glory fan?

McCormack will light up A-League, says Villa teammate Lyden

Melbourne City-bound striker Ross McCormack will arrive in Australia carrying a suitcase laden with goals and assists for his A-League loan deal, according to his Aston Villa teammate Jordan Lyden.

Link

16 hours ago, Ponky said:

They're are owned by the Sheiks that own the Man City. I think they'll manage. 

The question is how they fit it into their salary cap. 

I hope he flops though. Melbourne City are the Birmingham City to my Melbourne Victory. I hate the prick already. :-D

I can't bring myself to follow either Melbourne club. One is the Australian Man City, the other is managed by Kevin Muscat. It's like some sort of choose the tastiest turd competion.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

I can't bring myself to follow either Melbourne club. One is the Australian Man City, the other is managed by Kevin Muscat. It's like some sort of choose the tastiest turd competion.

Choose life. Choose neither.

• Like 2

Steve Bruce said there was no interest I'm RMC during the summer. This is a player we hadn't spent £12m just a year before. No interest at all? How could that possibly be? It's not as though the manager had done anything to devalue such an asset is it? Surely nobody would be so neglect as to announce to the world that the bloke is a problem and doesn't want to train?

When the problem arose with RMC, whether he was ill, had personal problems or is just a plonker, the way in which he should have handled it was behind closed doors. If he felt he had to go public, then something along the lines of, Ross has some difficulties at the moment but we are helping him through them and are confident he will soon be back scoring goals as he always has. Then perhaps you may still have a saleable asset. Would he publicly ruin a player he had bought? Or was this just the first example of his selfish style that is all about Steve Bruce and protecting his reputation but nothing about Aston Villa. 

If anyone, in whatever industry they work in, contributed in such a neglect way to devaluing a huge company asset, then I think we all know what comes next.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Steve Bruce said there was no interest I'm RMC during the summer. This is a player we hadn't spent £12m just a year before. No interest at all? How could that possibly be? It's not as though the manager had done anything to devalue such an asset is it? Surely nobody would be so neglect as to announce to the world that the bloke is a problem and doesn't want to train?

When the problem arose with RMC, whether he was ill, had personal problems or is just a plonker, the way in which he should have handled it was behind closed doors. If he felt he had to go public, then something along the lines of, Ross has some difficulties at the moment but we are helping him through them and are confident he will soon be back scoring goals as he always has. Then perhaps you may still have a saleable asset. Would he publicly ruin a player he had bought? Or was this just the first example of his selfish style that is all about Steve Bruce and protecting his reputation but nothing about Aston Villa. 

If anyone, in whatever industry they work in, contributed in such a neglect way to devaluing a huge company asset, then I think we all know what comes next.

Dave, I think it is wise for us all to know the facts before we launch ourselves in to "judge and jury"

Many things are said without knowing the facts and maybe Steve Bruce was guilty too.

but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

Dave, I think it is wise for us all to know the facts before we launch ourselves in to "judge and jury"

Many things are said without knowing the facts and maybe Steve Bruce was guilty too.

I do agree that we don't always (or ever), know the full facts and whenever we spout or words of wisdom on here, it's probably worth taking with a large portion of salt. But it's a fact that SB went public and I'm pretty sure it would be better if he hadn't. To be kind to him it was possibly done in a moment of frustration and anger, which we're all guilty of from time to time. However he has recently been rather too good at pointing fingers at anyone but himself. 

• Like 1

Agreed. It's 100% fact that Bruce spoke about Ross publicly in a way that has in no doubt devalued him. I saw a press interview with the Fulham manager when they were talking about getting him back and he said he spoke to the players and staff that were there when Ross was there and they all advised him to not go near the player. Press were only pushing that line of questioning because as a club, we started to criticise one of our owns commitment. 

if we were minted and not restricted by FFP then who cares. But we are. So we should not allow this kind of thing to happen and I hope someone has spoken with Bruce to explain how it hasn't helped. 

I could not agree more with Dave AV1

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I do agree that we don't always (or ever), know the full facts and whenever we spout or words of wisdom on here, it's probably worth taking with a large portion of salt. But it's a fact that SB went public and I'm pretty sure it would be better if he hadn't. To be kind to him it was possibly done in a moment of frustration and anger, which we're all guilty of from time to time. However he has recently been rather too good at pointing fingers at anyone but himself. 

He has had a bit of stick Dave......but you are right, he should rise above it......easier said than done ,i guess.

6 minutes ago, jimcohen said:

Agreed. It's 100% fact that Bruce spoke about Ross publicly in a way that has in no doubt devalued him. I saw a press interview with the Fulham manager when they were talking about getting him back and he said he spoke to the players and staff that were there when Ross was there and they all advised him to not go near the player. Press were only pushing that line of questioning because as a club, we started to criticise one of our owns commitment. 

if we were minted and not restricted by FFP then who cares. But we are. So we should not allow this kind of thing to happen and I hope someone has spoken with Bruce to explain how it hasn't helped. 

I can't argue Jim.....but I think you will find there is more to it than meets the eye.They obviously know more than we......I don't think it was just footballing reasons.

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think he was trying to show who was boss, the tough guy. There could be no other reason, and it was all about him. And yes, he should have kept it private

2 hours ago, TRO said:

It is not about that, Tro, it is about Bruce going public. Absolutely no need for him to do that.

Edited by AntrimBlack

1 hour ago, jimcohen said:

There's something of a contradiction in what you've written there Jim. As you say, the current Fulham manager (as any manager would) researched  - via talking to people who'd worked with RMC - what he was like and he was warned to stay well away, apparently. So Bruce saying whatever about him would make zero difference. Anyone going to spend millions on a player would research him thoroughly (you'd hope). The error IMO is with Di Matteo signing someone with an, ahem, "allegedly problematic" lifestyle/issues.

Once upon a time Graham Taylor got pelters for commenting about Gazza's "refuelling habits" - but he was right. If only more people had attempted to change Gazza's drinking, then maybe the tragedy with him might not have happened.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, blandy said:

Anyone going to spend millions on a player would research him thoroughly (you'd hope). The error IMO is with Di Matteo signing someone with an, ahem, "allegedly problematic" lifestyle/issues.

The error is with the club not RDM. Sure if he was doing his job right he should have researched the player but the club should have a team of people researching everything they can about a player before they buy him, especially when you are spending £12m. You'd do your research if you were buying a second hand car for £1,200 but the club didn't seem to do any when buying RMC. It doesn't surprise me that RDM didn't research him thoroughly either.

Edited by villa89

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The error is with the club not RDM. Sure if he was doing his job right he should have researched the player but the club should have a team of people researching everything they can about a player before they buy him, especially when you are spending £12m. You'd do your research if you were buying a second hand car for £1,200 but the club didn't seem to do any when buying RMC. It doesn't surprise me that RDM didn't research him thoroughly either.

We're veering OT now, but IMO RDM would be the one with the best contacts and whose job it should have been to "decide" based on what he knew. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have been able to do what Fulham's manager said that he did, or that the info would have been any different. RDM primarily responsible for me.

To stay on topic, I think that the players signed under Bruce seem to all have good attitude for this league, and for all his other perceived sins, his buying and selling of players has been decent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think you'll find closed doors (well, gates, anyway) was part of the problem... :P

• Haha 1

Â