Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think he was trying to show who was boss, the tough guy. There could be no other reason, and it was all about him. And yes, he should have kept it private

I agree it was all about playing the billy big bollocks. On one hand he was fairly new here so stamping his authority was understandable, but it was a very old school way of going about it. Good management is more subtle perhaps and that's not a generation thing. I remember Tony Morely telling a tale about his relationship with Ron Saunders. Ron had been on his back all week in training so when Morely scored in the next match he ran past the bench giving Ron the two fingers. He immediately regretted it and was somewhat worried what Ron's reaction would be after the game. But Ron said nothing and congratulated him on his goal. A week or two past and Tony found he'd been docked two weeks wages! Ron had an air of authority and knew how to remind people who was in charge, but no public spats were required. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

His Scottish skin wont take kindly to that sun

Its OK, its Melbourne. If you don't like the weather, just wait an hour. It will change. ;)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Off to rehab in the sun to play in a pub league. But yeah defo Bruce's fault for calling him out.

Let's stick to slagging Bruce off for the actual mistakes he's made because this isn't one of them.

Really? Ok there is no doubt that the problem is with RMC, you can't have players turning up when they like, what ever the reason/excuse is. But there have been problem players for as long as there's been football and the problems they have and the effect they have on the squad are generally dealt with behind closed doors. No manager is loved by everyone, there will always be some personality clashes, but they don't get played out in public and the player gets moved on.

Andy Gray and Ron Saunders didn't get on at all, so Gray gets sold for a then record £1.5m and goes on to win the league cup with Wolves. We replace him with Peter Withe for £500000 and go on to become Champions of England and then Europe. So yes RMC is the problem, but handling problems is a management skill, which on this occasion, Steve Bruce showed little of. As for his other mistakes those are being widely discussed extensively elsewhere.

Sorry for all the Ron Saunders analogies, I must be feeling nostalgic :).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

Off to rehab in the sun to play in a pub league. But yeah defo Bruce's fault for calling him out.

Let's stick to slagging Bruce off for the actual mistakes he's made because this isn't one of them.

A player obviously taking the pee, also with problems off the pitch. The slagging off should be for the idiot/idiots that signed him not the bloke who realised he was useless then binned him. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Really? Ok there is no doubt that the problem is with RMC, you can't have players turning up when they like, what ever the reason/excuse is. But there have been problem players for as long as there's been football and the problems they have and the effect they have on the squad are generally dealt with behind closed doors. No manager is loved by everyone, there will always be some personality clashes, but they don't get played out in public and the player gets moved on.

Andy Gray and Ron Saunders didn't get on at all, so Gray gets sold for a then record £1.5m and goes on to win the league cup with Wolves. We replace him with Peter Withe for £500000 and go on to become Champions of England and then Europe. So yes RMC is the problem, but handling problems is a management skill, which on this occasion, Steve Bruce showed little of. As for his other mistakes those are being widely discussed extensively elsewhere.

Sorry for all the Ron Saunders analogies, I must be feeling nostalgic :).

If the real truth was played out in public you'd be fully behind Bruce.

- Huge sigh of relief when he left Fulham

- Disgrace at Forest

- Bigger disgrace with us.

Has burnt every bridge with everyone at the club who has tried to help him. Have you ever heard of a pro being shipped out to Australia? Nobody else would take him. It should tell you all you need to know.

Bonkers decision from everyone at the club who signed him.

Free pass for Brucie.

No winning side here but i think Bruce has to take some blame. He came in with a man manager reputation yet blanked McCormack and worse of all killed any re- sale value by humiliating him in public

Main loser as always is Aston Villa

• Like 3

3 hours ago, villan_007 said:

- Disgrace at Forest

Has burnt every bridge with everyone at the club who has tried to help him. Have you ever heard of a pro being shipped out to Australia? Nobody else would take him. It should tell you all you need to know.

Free pass for Brucie.

No free pass. He should have kept it private.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villan_007 said:

- Disgrace at Forest

Free pass for Brucie.

I am on Bruce's side, I do think the mistake was signing RMC in the first place. But I think if Bruce hadn't gone public we could have possibly found a desperado to take him last January. We'll never know I guess. 

I do like the idea of him in chains coming off a boat in Australia though. :D

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

No winning side here but i think Bruce has to take some blame. He came in with a man manager reputation yet blanked McCormack and worse of all killed any re- sale value by humiliating him in public

Main loser as always is Aston Villa

If bruce hadn't have called him out on this & kept it in house, how long before the bruce bashers would have aiming all sorts of name calling at him for not picking a 12 million pound player. I think its principal over pounds here....pulis with berahino was similar, sold him eventually for 10mill less than they could have if his reputation had been protected. 

12 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

No free pass. He should have kept it private.

He has kept it private. Called him out about the gate and thats it. Which you'd expect any normal player to apologise for and knuckle down. He hasn't made the dirty truth public.

This thread and most rmc threads on other sites are littered with the "truth".

It amazes me people still point a finger at bruce. It amazes me more some are getting annoyed about resale value on a 30 yr old we paid 12 mill for. What were they expecting? 

26 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Sold or loan? I assume the latter.

I assume it's a loan where they are paying a tiny proportion of his wages. He'll be back after that and we'll have to try to find another way to get rid of him. 

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Didn't he struggle to settle in because he was homesick?

I think it was marital issues, I'm pretty sure his wife didn't move with him up to Birmingham which in turn caused complications.

Â