Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Whatever people think of Bruce and his management of Villa (I've made my thoughts clear on him) people should speak to Forest fans re McCormack's loan there last season. It wasn't just at Villa that he flopped last season.

Yes but if McCormack was struggling (whatever issue that may be) and Bruce has hung him out to dry - it is no wonder he has dipped very low.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eastie said:

Good job Graham Taylor didn’t take the same attitude with Paul McGrath . 

I love McGrath as much as the next Villa fan. Best player I've ever seen. But this is a completely different era of football and there are completely different levels of fitness involved, not to mention completely different levels of ability.

10 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Why is the penny just not dropping for some in this thread??

He has issues beyond anyone's control. Deal with it.

It has nothing to do with Bruce 

Whatever issues he has or hasn’t got we’re not helped by Bruce spilling the beans to the media - did himself no favours and hardly great for team morale when the manager does so - would have been far better dealt with in private .

Most players  seeing their manager publicly humiliate a teammate  will not exactly be impressed by such management .

Regarding these issues it shows poor research of the player by whoever decided to sign him .

Mccormack is not the first or last to have issues ; however most managers prefer to keep things in house .

Even Bruce himself admitted it was the first time he’d hung a player out to dry publicly in 20 years as a manager .

No question Ross needs to get his own act together too.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

He had 1 bad season. He was good for the last 5-6. Surely he deserves another go. Especially considering the off field problems he had last season. 

He looked fitter and looked like he was trying hard. Give him a break and put him on the bench in place of Bikir. He is awful. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Evening mail -

“It does seem that because McCormack's issues happened on Bruce's watch and Agbonlahor's didn't there is one rule for one and one for another.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-melbourne-city-verdict-13664699

I'm one of Gabbys biggest critics, but thats perfectly understandable imo. When a new manager arrives you expect everyone to be given a clean slate. If Gabby has acted professionally in that time and RMC has been a tit, you can't blame Bruce for his stance. 

50 minutes ago, peterms said:

If he's going to Australia, I suppose he's flying.

Imagine the trauma at the airport when he's called to the gate.

:) Indeed. And the price of a pint out there is going to upset him further.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

Have they got enough money to pay even a fraction of his wages? 

They're are owned by the Sheiks that own the Man City. I think they'll manage. 

The question is how they fit it into their salary cap. 

I hope he flops though. Melbourne City are the Birmingham City to my Melbourne Victory. I hate the prick already. :-D

• Like 1

Â