Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

On 24/09/2017 at 00:19, Jareth said:

Maybe Tony's buying Melbourne and has a £15 mill option to buy him at the end of his loan...

Melbourne city are owned by Manchester city. Before they were bought they were called the Melbourne heart. 

On 26/09/2017 at 14:32, villan_007 said:

Off to rehab in the sun to play in a pub league. But yeah defo Bruce's fault for calling him out.

Let's stick to slagging Bruce off for the actual mistakes he's made because this isn't one of them.

Don't really see the need to slate the A league. Usually people who do this have never seen a match!

6 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Don't really see the need to slate the A league. Usually people who do this have never seen a match!

I have no idea of the standard....perhaps you can enlighten us Oz?

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have no idea of the standard....perhaps you can enlighten us Oz?

All i know about the A league is that an old Emile Heskey scored goals in it. 

That alone is all the evidence i need to declare it a pub league :P

3 hours ago, av1 said:

All i know about the A league is that an old Emile Heskey scored goals in it. 

That alone is all the evidence i need to declare it a pub league :P

Its not that bad. There are a lot of players that would not look out of place in a Championship side, but overall, I would say the quality would be in comparison with League one.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Damn it, just till Christmas? Hoped we had got him off the bill till at least next summer. 

Should have made them take Richards as well to seal the deal. 

Richards isn't welcome in Australia, I've already warned our customs to be on look out for a fraudulent character pretending to be a footballer.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Hey Tro, AJ has already summed it up pretty well. The A-league is probably somewhere around league 1. Certainly better than a pub league.

Aaron Mooy was playing for Melbourne City a few seasons ago, quite a few players have made the move to Scandinavian leagues.

I probably didn't need to be so sensitive about the pub league comment but if you go back 15 years our national competition was a shambles. The A-league is only 12 or so seasons old and I'm quite proud of how Australian football has grown because of it.

Maybe I'm biased ;)

I wouldn't say biased.

Mooy, Jedinak, Rogic and Ryan all came from the A League. It has some good quality players in there, but it doesn't rival the length and competitiveness of the Championship

• Like 3

16 hours ago, AJ said:

Its not that bad. There are a lot of players that would not look out of place in a Championship side, but overall, I would say the quality would be in comparison with League one.

pretty much this. 

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 06:40, Villan_of_oz said:

Hey Tro, AJ has already summed it up pretty well. The A-league is probably somewhere around league 1. Certainly better than a pub league.

Aaron Mooy was playing for Melbourne City a few seasons ago, quite a few players have made the move to Scandinavian leagues.

I probably didn't need to be so sensitive about the pub league comment but if you go back 15 years our national competition was a shambles. The A-league is only 12 or so seasons old and I'm quite proud of how Australian football has grown because of it.

Maybe I'm biased ;)

not biased nor sensitive... but living in a country where football is called soccer and probably ranked 3rd amongst other footballing codes, we get enough stick from our own people down here let alone other true football fans from across the globe

On 9/29/2017 at 18:09, Villan_of_oz said:

It was more me having a dig at the level RMC is going to than a direct pop at the A-League.

I've seen it lot's. I live here now :)

But I'm one of those fans. Villa is my team. I don't do the whole two teams thing. I was a home and away fan, beers, lads, sing songs. Nothing will ever replace it for me.

I went to an A league match and I was like....Meh. You'll never be England level and never be Villa. My interested ended there.

But you're right to be proud of it. It's come a hell of a long way since I first arrived and it'll only get bigger and better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skills said:

As a Melbourne city fan, its a win win for me!  off the Villa wage bill and will be able to watch him live!

Expect to see a 'Mccormack review' after every game please.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2017 at 11:06, Villan_of_oz said:

Melbourne city are owned by Manchester city. Before they were bought they were called the Melbourne heart. 

Good name change then! I like the Citeh idea of branding, but simply adding City to the end of a club name doesn't really tell you it's Man Citeh. Melbourne Villa however has such a better ring to it...

On 29/09/2017 at 20:09, Villan_of_oz said:

I've seen plenty of games, and the level is crap. But it keeps improving, slowly.

I don't see any league 1 games, but the A-League is certainly some way behind the Championship.

Â