Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

I find it odd that Bruce was prepared to make the effort to rehabilitate Gabby and his 2 goals in the last 2 seasons, but won't do the same for McCormack.

I can only assume the relationship between club and player is beyond repair.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Scored over 50 goals for Leeds including 28 in his last season there. Hardly a smart move this.

Oh I know about his goals for his previous clubs.  I think it's safe to say that more or less, the only concern about him joining us at the time was his fee and his potential lack of sell on value.

But, it's hasn't worked out for us unfortunately.  There's obviously been things happening on a personal level for Ross, and between him and Bruce/the club.  But that said, he was given plenty of opportunity in preseason and that didn't work either.  

We can't just keep players because they might do something at other clubs willing to give them a go.  1, we can't afford that (i dunno about money, but it seem the consensus) and 2, he could cause a negative atmosphere. 

I think it's a good decision to get rid on the whole, although I am sorry it hasn't worked out - I think he's still got the potential to be good at this level. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Oh I know about his goals for his previous clubs.  I think it's safe to say that more or less, the only concern about him joining us at the time was his fee and his potential lack of sell on value.

But, it's hasn't worked out for us unfortunately.  There's obviously been things happening on a personal level for Ross, and between him and Bruce/the club.  But that said, he was given plenty of opportunity in preseason and that didn't work either.  

We can't just keep players because they might do something at other clubs willing to give them a go.  1, we can't afford that (i dunno about money, but it seem the consensus) and 2, he could cause a negative atmosphere. 

I think it's a good decision to get rid on the whole, although I am sorry it hasn't worked out - I think he's still got the potential to be good at this level. 

I don't necessarily disagree that he should go, whilst I feel that given how shit we are in front of goal right now that he should be playing, with another forward coming in, getting rid of McCormack if less of an issue. However it's utter madness to give him to a promotion rival. Not bothered about him going to the Notts Forests of the world but Leeds (or Sunderland)? Sorry, just no. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

This thread is amazing.

Every time he plays for us, this thread says just how shit he is, and how we should get rid.

Then when we nearly get rid of him, suddenly he's going to fire teams into the play offs and he's really good? 

:blink::wacko:

`He played some of his best football under Grayson.

Considering the injury to Grealish and our complete lack of any other creativity who can play the number 10 role i think it's ridiculous were getting rid of him.

Edited by AshVilla

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

He's been shit for us. So if this is effectively a swap for Gallagher, I'm all for it

If we get Gallagher it's not a problem at all. Although I still think he could have been used in these 3 games. 

Financially it's still a bit of an issue. We're losing loads on this player and Gallagher is only a season loan. 

Edited by DCJonah

Losing a £12m player, to a divisional rival, for nothing.

Someone should be sacked for sanctioning the signing in the first place and not doing due diligence....and then they should be sacked again for letting him go for **** all.

Yes, he may stink out the place like he did at Forest...but honestly, why risk it??????????????????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

But, if he has a major attitude problem, what can anyone do with him? There's got to be a line, and a boss has got to be a boss. Pander to this sort of behaviour and the whole squad will start doing it. 

I just wonder if anybody complained about his attitude when he scored 66 league goals in his previous three seasons

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

If we get Gallagher it's not a problem at all. Although I still think he could have been used in these 3 games. 

Financially it's still a bit of an issue. We're losing loads on this player and Gallagher is only a season loan. 

If he played like he did for us last season then it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.

McCormack is a joke you can't blame Bruce for getting rid of him. I remember being up in the leppings lane end at Sheffield last season for his debut and he looked overweight and blowing out of his ring piece straight away. I couldn't believe he was so slow!

I see the guy as one of these frankie gavin types ie has a bit of natural sporting ability but doesn't have the rest of the ingrediants to get to the top and not prepared to work.

Why do you think no prem teams touch him?

What do you think will happen when he's in sunderland? he'll be doing the 2 hour sprint up to glasgow for some refueling sessions between bench time. And I don't mean the John Terry ice bath type!

On 18/08/2017 at 16:32, PaulC said:

I just wonder if anybody complained about his attitude when he scored 66 league goals in his previous three seasons

Things have risen to the front since then. Fulham were glad to be rid of him, and it seems we were the only ones not to do our due diligence.

From what I have heard if we got someone else to pay his wages for 12 months that would be a result. 

Â