Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

On 16/09/2017 at 09:55, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm a fan of Davis but we're struggling for goals and invariably start a £15m Scott Hogan on the bench and leave a £12m Ross McCormack in the stands, it's madness. It's yet another in a long line of garbage decisions from a garbage manager.

Those figures could of course just indicate what foolish buying decisions we have made rather than the quality of our forwards.

• Like 1

Let's face it. His career here has ended as long as Bruce is manager. 

If Bruce goes his career is still likely ended here. 

You often hear about a clean sheet for all players when a new manager comes in but it's funny how often the same rejects remain the same rejects after a change of regime more often than not. 

Even though written off by many this guy could still prove useful for us over a long hard season ; unlikely to be used by Bruce though .

on a night of little joy he should possibly have had a penalty and also played a lovely  ball in to hogan who missed from 6 yards out .

He still possesses that bit of flair to unlock  defences  although Bruce seems to have  his mind  up 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

There is a lot to be critical of Bruce about, and I have called him on most of it, McCormack though isn't on him.

Bruce claims to have drawn a line on what happened last season - if so mccormack may still play a part at some stage , I’m not convinced Bruce has drawn a line under it but no question ross was to blame for his part in things .

However it’s a long season ahead and at some stage mccormack may be needed .

Just now, Eastie said:

Bruce claims to have drawn a line on what happened last season - if so mccormack may still play a part at some stage , I’m not convinced Bruce has drawn a line under it but no question ross was to blame for his part in things .

However it’s a long season ahead and at some stage mccormack may be needed .

The one we bought is needed right now, the one we got well... not so much.

publically hanging out a player to dry is questionable man management at the very least and may not go down too well in the dressing room .

It is down to mccormack to knuckle down in training and impress- one would hope that Bruce will take notice if he does so .

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Given McCormack's record, Bruce has not given him enough of a chance IMO. He's barely being involved and has had virtually no game time. 

I watched him in 2 pre season games and he put himself about in both although not scoring his chances - I was amazed to see Bruce say he was leaving him behind while the team went to Portugal because Bruce hadn’t seen enough from him in pre season .

So much for a clean slate ?

man management is supposedly an asset of Bruce’s but having seen his prickly nature in press conferences I can well see why he may not be as popular in the dressing room as some claim .

Maybe the fact Steve Bruce has failed to get the best out of several players suggests he is not as good a man manager as he likes to think .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 3

Unfortunately Ross has problems that cannot be blamed on anyone, he likes a drink and a few other things as well and it's not going to work out for him as thing stands. 

Bruce can be blamed for many things but he never brought Ross, due diligence was not undertaken despite his obvious skills on the pitch.

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Unfortunately Ross has problems that cannot be blamed on anyone, he likes a drink and a few other things as well and it's not going to work out for him as thing stands. 

Bruce can be blamed for many things but he never brought Ross, due diligence was not undertaken despite his obvious skills on the pitch.

Good job Graham Taylor didn’t take the same attitude with Paul McGrath . 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tinker said:

But he's someone with over 100 goals at this level and did not get a look in at all despite our main forward being injured and Hogan not being up to the task. We don't know the extent of his issues but it's not clear that he's the sort of high functioning alcoholic some are making out. A good bit of man management might go along way with this sort of player.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

But he's someone with over 100 goals at this level and did not get a look in at all despite our main forward being injured and Hogan not being up to the task. We don't know the extent of his issues but it's not clear that he's the sort of high functioning alcoholic some are making out. A good bit of man management might go along way with this sort of player.

Although I agree, he scored those goals in teams that were built around him, and those teams did poorly. Would it not be better to build a team around Hogan?

Seems snodgrass enjoyed playing with him during their time at Leeds -

Robert Snodgrass has paid a warm tribute to Ross McCormack following his former Leeds United team-mate’s recall to the Scotland squad. Snodgrass, right, who left Leeds for Norwich City in a £3million transfer last summer, said his fellow Scot was “one of the best players I’ve played with” after a week in which McCormack signed a new four-year deal at Elland Road. 

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/one-of-the-best-snodgrass-in-tribute-to-ex-leeds-teammate-1-6016240

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Seems snodgrass enjoyed playing with him during their time at Leeds -

Robert Snodgrass has paid a warm tribute to Ross McCormack following his former Leeds United team-mate’s recall to the Scotland squad. Snodgrass, right, who left Leeds for Norwich City in a £3million transfer last summer, said his fellow Scot was “one of the best players I’ve played with” after a week in which McCormack signed a new four-year deal at Elland Road. 

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/one-of-the-best-snodgrass-in-tribute-to-ex-leeds-teammate-1-6016240

This was before he'd had played alongside the predator that is Gabby though.

He has always been the type of player who looks quite portly, but it has never been an issue in other clubs. He didn't look fat and unfit in preseason or the other night.

Don't get me wrong I think the guy is a bell end, just saying it seems to be a personality clash.

Bruce was told to trim his squad, he decided to sell McCormack because of 'Gate, gate' and because it seemed like he had sell on value (ha ha!). No one wanted him and Bruce clearly didn't have him in his plans and has no intention of making any effort to bring him into the squad and I doubt McCormack is trying to prove him wrong, he gets paid either way and is looking to leave the first chance he gets.

so we are left with two stubborn dick heads and a shit tonne of money down the drain.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

Â