Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

17 hours ago, villan_007 said:

He's done nothing under two managers at villa nothing at forrest. 

in fairness the form of both clubs were woeful during this time. Forest only stayed up last day

Bruce refusing to play him despite Hogans injury. Not even a place on the bench. Tell me Bruce how are we better having two rbs on our bench than having mccormack? even a out of form mccormack has managed  more goals than hogan 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce refusing to play him despite Hogans injury. Not even a place on the bench. Tell me Bruce how are we better having two rbs on our bench than having mccormack? even a out of form mccormack has managed  more goals than hogan 

One thing that should be said is we don't know what is going on behind closed doors with McCormack. There are obviously issues, it's been alluded to on her by a number of people on here.  I also have a been told by a work colleague who supports Leeds there was talk of him going there but comments had been made on a Leeds forum that he had marriage and drink issues at present. Whether that is true or not none of us know. However that only highlights to me that whatever issues that McCormack has supporters from all over, not just Villa, know that something isn't right with him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

One thing that should be said is we don't know what is going on behind closed doors with McCormack. There are obviously issues, it's been alluded to on her by a number of people on here.  I also have a been told by a work colleague who supports Leeds there was talk of him going there but comments had been made on a Leeds forum that he had marriage and drink issues at present. Whether that is true or not none of us know. However that only highlights to me that whatever issues that McCormack has supporters from all over, not just Villa, know that something isn't right with him.

Yep, there is definitely more to it than we know. It's not a stick I'll be using to beat Bruce with. 

I know he came out and said Ross looked decent in training and was working hard, but I wonder how much of that was aimed at any potential suitors listening? 

IF the guy is mentally and physically right to play, then I think we'd be mad not to try and use him in some way, especially now. I'm not convinced he is though. 

12 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Wasn't aware of the marriage issues. But what I would say if this was happening at most 9-5 jobs you are expected to get on with it. 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wasn't aware of the marriage issues. But what I would say if this was happening at most 9-5 jobs you are expected to get on with it. 

That's a bit unfair. I've known people book time off work, a week or two holiday, when dealing with marital problems. When I broke up with a girlfriend a while back, I'm sure I booked a day off or two because I didn't fancy going in to work after spending a night arguing with an ex. It's not as simple as that for a footballer, so I don't think the 'Well a normal person couldn't do it' stance is fair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So your best forward is injured, your £15m centre forward is doing nothing in your system, so you leave a £12m striker with over 100 goals at this level in the stands? Makes absolutely no sense at all whatsoever. 

If you completely ignore the fact we don't know what's going on with him 'behind the scenes' then yes it does. I get we are all frustrated, but your saying it makes no sense, without really knowing the whole story? 

Maybe he is fine and Bruce is just being Bruce, but I think there's more to it tbh. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hello society dinosaur, how are you today?

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dem, this is bollocks mate

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Dem, this is bollocks mate

I wish it was , and let me make it clear I dont agree with it but it does happen in a lot of private companies. If your having maritial problems they may give you a couple days to sort your head out if you are lucky or no the new trend is take A/L if you wnat time off. Its not right but thats how a lot of companies are today. 

But do we even know if this 100% the case or just rumours?

45 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Hello society dinosaur, how are you today?

Come on now calling steve Bruce is not very nice ;)

People are questioning why McCormack couldn't make the bench last night and explanations being offered are speculative based on his previous well known misdemeanours. However, what explanation can be given for O'Hare not to make the bench? Maybe it is just a case of the manager and his coaching staff not seeing what others see?

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

People are questioning why McCormack couldn't make the bench last night and explanations being offered are speculative based on his previous well known misdemeanours. However, what explanation can be given for O'Hare not to make the bench? Maybe it is just a case of the manager and his coaching staff not seeing what others see?

Ask that in the O'Hare thread maybe.

3 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Ask that in the O'Hare thread maybe.

I think he ha s a point there until there is actual evidence (if there is can someone show me where it stated he is suffering from depression and marriage problems) it could be just bruce doesnt like him and wont give him a game 

Â