Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

7 hours ago, Czechlad said:

This is extremely insensitive. Your attitude is what makes it difficult for footballers to admit they have a problem. People like you see a man who is drinking heavily, not doing his job, and disappearing for weeks and just assume everything is fine. Those are cries for help. 

I am sure you thought Aaron Lennon's issues were just him being done as a footballer and not anything serious. 

It's like saying the guy from Linkin Park was just "bored".:rolleyes:

Since he had money, and a "great" life, obviously.

• Like 3

I'd keep him. I think we are mad to loan him out. If balancing the books is an issue we have plenty to let go apart from RMcC.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dave J said:

I make Czechlad totally right - I have only seen / heard that McCormack has tried his best in pre - season - he is a proven poacher at this level and yet looks as though he's getting bombed - others can do nothing for years, score a goal which amounted to nothing more than sticking out a leg and all of a sudden is welcomed back like a long lost son - Bruce better get this call right or be prepared for the fall out that will come his way  imo 

Brilliant.

"I believe some random poster in a random forum over and above the Manager"

good  luck with life pal.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not in a Steve Bruce team. 

I think Ross would score more than Gabby in any type of team

Gabbys only real contribution these days is a nuisance player for defenders not a goal scorer

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We don't always know the full details behind all these players and Ross McCormack is no exception.

Managers see more than us and usually know what they are doing.

as an example we once sold Andy Gray/John Gidman & John Deehan in one go.....so we kinda thought the manager was bonkers.

He replaced them and went on to win the league.

We have let these guys get on with it.....they see a broader picture than we do.

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Brilliant.

"I believe some random poster in a random forum over and above the Manager"

good  luck with life pal.

I think McCormack is being phased out because of his wages, not because of how he was last season. All of Bruce's comments over summer and this preseason made it seem like Ross was welcome back if he came back fit and ready. McCormack did just that, but is still being shopped around. I think Tony told Bruce that if Bruce wants new players, some high earner would go which is Ross. I'd rather give Ross a go instead of getting another player and hope he works out. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

a-chance.gif

I fail to see how selling our potentially  most prolific and natural striker to a likely promotion rival is worthy of raising a laugh - if this happens I will be extremely disappointed 

If RHM and Davis aren't even getting squad numbers and Samba is now an option we will work on for the future, I seriously think we should have had another crack at trying to work things out with Ross for this season. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I fail to see how selling our potentially  most prolific and natural striker to a likely promotion rival is worthy of raising a laugh - if this happens I will be extremely disappointed 

Completely entitled to your thoughts and feelings on the matter. I personally fail to see how or when he could become prolific for us (or even be regularly involved in the first team) with Bruce at the helm.

Don't really see Sunderland as promotion candidates, let alone rivals (we need to sort ourselves out for a start) either.

It hasn't worked out and we have ended up wasting a huge amount of money on the player, if we can recoup a good amount of that I would be delighted - he's only going to devalue even further the longer he stays here and is not involved. Those funds could then be put to better use.

Alternatively, maybe a different manager and approach could make use of him but that's a whole other matter :rolleyes:

Edited by Jas10

On 8/6/2017 at 13:10, The Fun Factory said:

I think chucking Samba on yesterday shows that McCormack short lived Villa career is well and truly over.  That's 12 million we are never going to get back. 

but how many McCormacks have we had over the last 10 years far too many IMO

Its simply not sustainable to have so many "pigs in pokes".....sure all clubs do it.....but the ones that do it less have more success.

I am rather hoping we have a plan to limit this naive activity.....I also think changing management and coaching staff too often, can contribute.

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If RHM and Davis aren't even getting squad numbers and Samba is now an option we will work on for the future, I seriously think we should have had another crack at trying to work things out with Ross for this season. 

Or a different manager? :rolleyes:

On a serious note, I just hope we can get some wins together asap and show some decent form. I've found it difficult to have any confidence in Bruce at all but the priority is getting promoted, however it happens, just want the club to be successful.

For whatever the reasons are and I am not one privy to these reason - we have two lads who are natural goalscorers who look anything but right now - I'm sorry but someone needs tapping on the shoulder and being asked the question " what's going on here "

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dave J said:

For whatever the reasons are and I am not one privy to these reason - we have two lads who are natural goalscorers who look anything but right now - I'm sorry but someone needs tapping on the shoulder and being asked the question " what's going on here "

Same with the midfield. Lansbury and Hourihane were both getting assists and goals at their previous clubs. Come here and they're like different players.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dave J said:

Lol, you reckon we'll be promotion rivals to someone? Bless.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â