Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

On 06/08/2017 at 13:10, The Fun Factory said:

I think chucking Samba on yesterday shows that McCormack short lived Villa career is well and truly over.  That's 12 million we are never going to get back. 

I would rather have seen Ross come on to try to get us a late winner on Saturday than Chris Samba so it does appear he still may not be in SB's plans. :( 

1 minute ago, John said:

I would rather have seen Ross come on to try to get us a late winner on Saturday than Chris Samba so it does appear he still may not be in SB's plans. :( 

Makes you think how bad bruces and McCormack woeking relationship is for him to prefer samba to you

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, John said:

Tbf samba would pose completely different problems to the ones McCormack would have offered. 

• Like 1

Anyone else think the Samba substitution was more of a message to the board that Bruce wants (and needs) a big target man? It's all well and dandy having all these "clinical/clever" strikers but if you aren't going to set up the team to play to their strengths then they are pissing into the wind.

It's the reason I'm coming around to the idea that Bruce isn't the manager for us, but that's for another thread.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Anyone else think the Samba substitution was more of a message to the board that Bruce wants (and needs) a big target man? It's all well and dandy having all these "clinical/clever" strikers but if you aren't going to set up the team to play to their strengths then they are pissing into the wind.

It's the reason I'm coming around to the idea that Bruce isn't the manager for us, but that's for another thread.

Well then he shouldn't have spent £12m on Hogan....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

You're looking too much into it, it was the final few mins of the game and he wanted a few flick on's up top. Samba has played there before (bizarrely), and Bruce was just utilising the resources he had to hand.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, TRO said:

but how many McCormacks have we had over the last 10 years far too many IMO

Its simply not sustainable to have so many "pigs in pokes".....sure all clubs do it.....but the ones that do it less have more success.

I am rather hoping we have a plan to limit this naive activity.....I also think changing management and coaching staff too often, can contribute.

Since I have been watching Villa we had 2 tactics in the transfer window-essentially paying over the odds for average players with little resale value or 'young and hungry' types in which about 80% have been failures.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

You're looking too much into it, it was the final few mins of the game and he wanted a few flick on's up top. Samba has played there before (bizarrely), and Bruce was just utilising the resources he had to hand.

I think if he had someone like Alan Shearer he would have brought HIM on.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TRO said:

I think if he had someone like Alan Shearer he would have brought HIM on.

At 46? Second thoughts, I guess that he and most if not all of us would have done! ;)

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Should we hang on to him?

We might end up with a manager that could get the best out of him..

I feel that Mac  is worth holding onto. He may have been to blame in the fall out, but SB shouldn't have cut him out of the picture. Football aside, we're talking about a major financial asset going to waste. Poor management from that point of view alone.

• Like 2

Personal issues/attitude aside the problem is he isn't a hoof ball player, Bruce will sell him rather than try and play to his qualities and replace him with someone like crouch who fits his perfected tactic. 

If he does thrive on being 'the man', as I believe some have suggested, now might be a good opportunity for him to show what he's got to offer

Is it a case that he doesn't want to be here, or is he being forced out in regards to ffp with the aim of getting a target man?

Last season was clearly an outlier in his career and he had his off field issues. Depression is should not be treated lightly, but Ross seemed to turn things around and came back to the club ready and willing. 

I wish we could give him a go. We aren't in a position to be turning players away at the moment. 

Â