Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

I think Bruce handled that very poorly. Right now we are two strikers down and McCormack could be a big asset but Bruce has totally alienated him. don't care who is right or wrong. his job is to manage players and he has failed in this instance. He cant be that bad an apple when he was scoring 20 goals a season regularly. 

• Like 2

Dont think Bruce cant be blamed here at all!

He has shown on various times hes willing to offer an olive branch to players, in fact his management of players is reported as being very good.

Mccormack has been here 12 months now, with 2 different managers, and never once has he looked like a player who can lead from the front, or even score regularly. Whatever has happened to him has zero to do with Bruce, and its unfair to say it has!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Dont think Bruce cant be blamed here at all!

He has shown on various times hes willing to offer an olive branch to players, in fact his management of players is reported as being very good.

Mccormack has been here 12 months now, with 2 different managers, and never once has he looked like a player who can lead from the front, or even score regularly. Whatever has happened to him has zero to do with Bruce, and its unfair to say it has!

I thought in the limited time we saw him he looked decent.

And Bruce's treatment of Tsibola would indicate that if he takes a dislike to a player he can be nasty. 

• Like 1

I didn’t take him to Germany. I left the door open for him. He is training well but at the moment I can’t guarantee him a game.

So by all accounts he is training well. I think its 70% confidence with players. If you tell them they are great they will perform much better but if you keep putting them down then it doesn't matter who you are you wont perform. The fact he would rather pick kids must be a huge put down to McCormack

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

I thought in the limited time we saw him he looked decent.

And Bruce's treatment of Tsibola would indicate that if he takes a dislike to a player he can be nasty. 

He looked decent enough for about 2 games under DiMateo, apart from that he has looked dire.  I dont know which Games you are refferring to but 'decent' isnt a word id use for every game since.  

'Off the pace,' 'disinterested,' yes.......'Decent'...no!.

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2017 at 16:29, Jareth said:

Bruce = bad so now Mcoremack = good. Alrighty then.

Nobody is suggesting that. Just weird a team with no creativity or goalscoring can find no room for one of this divisions highest ever goalscorers 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Nobody is suggesting that. Just weird a team with no creativity or goalscoring can find no room for one of this divisions highest ever goalscorers 

I'm sure there's a big gaping hole for someone of that calibre, just a pity he couldn't climb over his gate and catch a cab. Not sure what job you or I could hold on to with these sorts of excuses.

12 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think Bruce handled that very poorly. Right now we are two strikers down and McCormack could be a big asset but Bruce has totally alienated him. don't care who is right or wrong. his job is to manage players and he has failed in this instance. He cant be that bad an apple when he was scoring 20 goals a season regularly. 

We've been round this one before.

If you use a search engine you will find several tales from several clubs of him having problems.

Which is what you expect a club, exercising due diligence, using some common sense, and expecting the very senior and very well paid people they employ to advise on transfers,  to find out about before signing him and not after.

11 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I'm sorry, I just can't accept that someone so softly spoken and with such a nice Northumberland accent could be nasty.  No.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes.  There may be reasons why it won't work for us, like style of play or personal issues, but you expect those things to be considered beforehand.

It's like being told you've bought a great new machine for your factory, but it won't fit the available floorspace or integrate with the production line, and no-one thought to check beforehand, they just thought it sounded good.

Like having transfers decided by a ballot of fans.

Actually, that or spinning the bottle might yield better results.

What I don't get (as I'm not clued up on these interweb rumours regarding McCormack) is how Gabby can be & reintegrated & rehabilitated by Bruce yet McCormack who is proven class at this level can't be and doesn't get a look in. He must really be in a bad place.... or maybe Bruce just doesn't like him. Should of been a hero. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

What I don't get (as I'm not clued up on these interweb rumours regarding McCormack) is how Gabby can be & reintegrated & rehabilitated by Bruce yet McCormack who is proven class at this level can't be and doesn't get a look in. He must really be in a bad place.... or maybe Bruce just doesn't like him. Should of been a hero. 

I have suggested before that Gabby might have been given a second chance because his issues arose before SB arrived and McCormack's happened when he himself was the boss. It may also be that Gabby was keener to take the chance he was offered than Ross was and is further forward in getting those issues behind him. Having said that I would like to see Ross given another opportunity as we are not spoilt for choice up front.  

• Like 2

Last year I didn't blame Bruce one bit for anything with him. 

This year he takes some of it. 

He knows we have FFP issues, he knows he has goal scoring issues. McCormack in his defence was one of the players that attended the pre pre season (which shows commitment has improved) I don't see why the relationship hasn't tried to be rebuilt by giving him another chance. 

• Like 1

Â