Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

11 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well he is never going to play for us again. That was  a waste of time wasn't it?

Sums up about 90% of our signings over the last couple of years. I know not all signings work out but our success rate must be one of the worst in global football

• Like 1

6 hours ago, weedman said:

Did he have an Italian coach there? If not it's all a bit odd 

No he didn't. He was only here for 2 years and barely played tbh. Johnstone was always first choice and rated much higher. Gollini was honestly lucky to be 3rd choice most of the time, also being behind Amos and Sutherland.

16 hours ago, bobzy said:

I'm more surprised by the vitriol he's getting for this. 

He obviously asked to work with an Italian goalkeeping coach before he joined - which we hired. Our managerial regime has since changed and we don't have an Italian goalkeeping coach. Gollini doesn't want to work like that and asks to move away - his request is granted. 

It's an odd request but I can't really see what anyone has done "wrong" here. 

a. he has aired it in public

b. he comes across a diva because he doesnt want to change

Real Madrid or Barcelona call him tomorrow to sign he isnt going to say I will only go if you have an Italian goalkeeper coach

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

a. he has aired it in public

b. he comes across a diva because he doesnt want to change

Real Madrid or Barcelona call him tomorrow to sign he isnt going to say I will only go if you have an Italian goalkeeper coach

Yeah, he probably wouldn't. It was obviously something he asked for here, though?

I mean, something that was fundamental to him coming to the club got sacked off. I don't blame him for wanting to leave. Odd request in the first place, of course.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Odd request in the first place, of course.

It is an absolutely ridiculous request in fairness especially so as when he would have been approached about coming I am sure the goalkeeping coach was already in place and was Italian so this suggests he wanted assurances that would remain the case. No club knows what is going to happen going forward and can give cast iron assurances beyond a few weeks as to how long a manager and his coaching team will be in place and certainly can’t guarantee what nationality any replacements will be.

The whole thing wreaks of bullshit to me. I think Gollini has had his nose put out of place because the new manager dropped him for Bunn and then brought in Johnstone at the earliest opportunity and he has come out with a load of crap regarding the nationality of the coach as to why he wanted out when the reality on the face of it appears to be that he wasn’t rated here.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

The whole things wreaks of bullshit to me. I think Gollini has had his nose put out of place because the new manager dropped him for Bunn and then brought in Johnstone at the earliest opportunity and he has come out with a load of crap regarding the nationality of the coach as to why he wanted out when the reality on the face of it appears to be that he wasn’t rated here.

In which case I still don't understand why people are hating on him - if he's been pushed and come out with a reason that solely reflects on him, rather than the club, surely that's commendable?  Odd.  All odd.

• Like 1

It's hard for any player to express their feelings publically these days. Right or wrong, if a player comes out with a statement they tend to get judged on it very quickly. I think with Gollini it was probably just an off the cuff remark out of frustration of it not working out how he planned at villa. Just take these sort of things with a pinch of salt, we don't know the ins and outs. I'm not saying forget it, just don't be too quick to jump on the hate wagon.

Edited by Grumpy_Lion
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, bobzy said:

In which case I still don't understand why people are hating on him - if he's been pushed and come out with a reason

I don’t know if fans are hating on him. I am certainly not. I just think the issue around the coaching set up here is just a kop out by him when I believe he left simply because he had been dropped for 4 games, then saw another keeper come in and go straight into the side and simply wanted out as his playing prospects were then poor. There was no need for the comments about being unhappy about the training regime here.

In the grand scheme of things this is pointless though I guess. Bottom line is he wanted out and I doubt he will ever return. Hopefully we can recoup most of the 4 mill we spent on him.

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I think he had it a bit tough here. Yea he made a few mistakes, but he also saved us quite a few times. There were a few saves he made that were great. I think he deserved more than 6 months. 

i cant really remember that many games that he saved us

If he does stay in Italy by showing by his performances that he is worth what we then want for him I would want a decent sell-on clause from the buying club as well because I think he is young enough to iron out his flaws with the help of a goalkeeping coach from Italy or from anywhere else come to think of it. 

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I honestly think he will be a top goalkeeper one day. It's a shame it didnt work out,

Not sure how so many people are jumping to this conclusion. I never saw him do anything special for us this season at all. He looked like a woeful keeper at the start of the season and then improved to just be okay. Did he ever even get an MOTM award? 

Â