Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

1 hour ago, mattyvilla said:

It said "Pierluigi Gollini has thanked Aston Villa for allowing him to return to Italy."

The article did, he didn't. You said 'quoted' and he isn't quoted as saying that and didn't say that, he isn't homesick.

That is just poor journalism.

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The article did, he didn't. You said 'quoted' and he isn't quoted as saying that and didn't say that, he isn't homesick.

That is just poor journalism.

Fair do's you obviously have more info than me if you know he isn't homesick

I think we will regret it if we let him go. Atalanta doing very very well for them this year so he's going to a team that is on a high which will bring out the best in him. Defending is an art over here so he will be better protected too. Juve had heir eyes on him before Christmas, and this will put him in the shop window for a serie A side to buy him. I think he'll end up being a very good keeper and I'm not sure it's a good idea to loan him at all.

Bruce said something about his reaction to signing the lad from united on loan being this move. Not entirely sure what to think of that, but if you were inclined to read between the lines of Bunn playing before Johnstone came and then straight off this loan then you could make yourself believe Gollini and Bruce did not see eye to eye.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.football-italia.net/97422/gollini-italy-stay

Pierluigi Gollini reveals he pushed for an Atalanta move because of poor training at Aston Villa. “I intend to stay in Italy.”

The goalkeeper spent much of his career in England, joining Manchester United’s youth academy in 2012, then at Aston Villa for the last six months.

“I already had contact with Atalanta over the summer, then in January Marco Sportiello left and the opportunity opened up,” Gollini told news agency ANSA.

He arrived on a two-season loan with option to buy.

“I returned to Italy with the intention of staying and continuing my career here. The condition I had set my agent for me to stay in Birmingham was to have an Italian goalkeeping coach.

That was the situation, with Massimo Battara, until the manager Roberto Di Matteo was fired.

“I played a great deal at Villa, but I wasn’t happy with the training regime.”

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont understand. He is unhappy that the coaches were shit and thats why he was making mistakes or that the goalkeeping coach wasnt Italian

stupid comments if ask me

Thinking he can dictate who is the goalkeeping coach ? Foolish comments - he was paid by this club to keep goal not choose the staff .

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont understand. He is unhappy that the coaches were shit and thats why he was making mistakes or that the goalkeeping coach wasnt Italian

stupid comments if ask me

I think it's pretty fair to ask for a move if you don't feel you are progressing at that age. Also think he was pretty unlucky on numerous occasions. The Italian goal keeping things is weird though. Why did he even join...

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

Â