Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

5 minutes ago, DK82 said:

It's a good example. Young keepers make mistakes, whatever their level.

That's clearly only half of the message. The other half is, ' . . . so he will come good, like De Gea has'. And that's the part I disagree with. 

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's clearly only half of the message. The other half is, ' . . . so he will come good, like De Gea has'. And that's the part I disagree with. 

I don't think that has been suggested. It's not how I read it anyhow.

2 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I don't think that has been suggested. It's not how I read it anyhow.

On the contrary, I don't think I've ever seen it used when it wasn't being used to justify first not dropping him and then second not loaning him out. 

18 hours ago, Genie said:

Not as bad as Gollini, and his mistakes were at the business end of the Premier League, not pushing Villa into the relegation zone of the second tier.

IWhat's the difference exactly? Whether you're playing Madrid or Mansfield, is it more acceptable to have a back pass roll under your foot and in to the net? Sure, you'll let in more goals against better opposition, but errors of judgement are down to you and the opposition is irrelevant IMO.

15 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

IWhat's the difference exactly? Whether you're playing Madrid or Mansfield, is it more acceptable to have a back pass roll under your foot and in to the net? Sure, you'll let in more goals against better opposition, but errors of judgement are down to you and the opposition is irrelevant IMO.

Man United could afford to persevere with DdG because his errors were not pushing the clubs towards a second relegation. 

As Zatman said, de Gea came to United with major honours but Gollini came to us with a relegation. 

He had a chance and it didn't work out. It would have been madness to persist with him if we're serious about getting back up in a year or 2.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Man United could afford to persevere with DdG because his errors were not pushing the clubs towards a second relegation. 

As Zatman said, de Gea came to United with major honours but Gollini came to us with a relegation. 

He had a chance and it didn't work out. It would have been madness to persist with him if we're serious about getting back up in a year or 2.

I think it's a massively flawed comparison, so let's leave it there.

• Like 1

To be honest I thought Gollini whislt costing a few points, earlier in the season, with a poor back four, was the least of our problems, and I don't see either Bunn or Johnstone as a upgrade, more a shuffle round, so defenders have to get to a new keeper midway through the season. Not a great move by Bruce, frankly. 

• Like 1

It always confuses me why any team would ship out a player 6 months after signing them, especially when it's a young keeper. Bruce has somehow formed a conclusive opinion of Gollini in about 3 months and replaced him with a less experienced player who may or may not do any better. Not fair on either player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

On the bench for the game against Lazio this afternoon.  Berisha starts in goal.

I can only assume we've loaned him out only to be number 2 because he's homesick and there was little interest from elsewhere?

He's likely number 3 there, as Berisha is now starting in place of their number 1 - Sportiello. 

1 minute ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

He's likely number 3 there, as Berisha is now starting in place of their number 1 - Sportiello. 

Sportiello is at Fiorentina until the end of Gollini's loan, and Sportiello will probably stay there after too. Gollini won't get anywhere near to taking Berisha's place.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2017 at 12:58, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, he'll be a very good keeper in the future, we might rue letting him go, at least it's only on loan. In turn, I think we have signed an even better one in Johnstone, we'll see

Johnstone is not our player though.

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If as appears the case he has joined Atalanta to be a number 2 then I'd imagine there is a good chance he has gone home due to having not settled over here and being homesick.

I see what you're saying Mark but he was at Man Utd as a youngster, so being out of his home country isn't completely unknown to him 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If as appears the case he has joined Atalanta to be a number 2 then I'd imagine there is a good chance he has gone home due to having not settled over here and being homesick.

No don't believe that was the case or a factor.

1 minute ago, mattyvilla said:

Quoted in Mail to have thanked Villa for allowing him to go back to Italy , that would suggest he wanted to go home , if true of course

Not in the article I read it didn't.

It said he was happy and that he thanked Villa. 

Not at all the same thing.

Â