Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

I quite liked him. Some bad luck on that run under RDM but I thought he had the attributes to be a good keeper. Ah well. We do need a keeper though from somewhere unless Sarkic is ready for potential first team action. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Oh dear!

Part of me wants to look at that, but the larger part of me is punching the smaller part of me in the balls repeatedly. I think there is a message in that. 

• Haha 2

Good move in getting rid. He never wanted to come back and we got a decent fee back on him. 

3 hours ago, blunther said:

I quite liked him. Some bad luck on that run under RDM but I thought he had the attributes to be a good keeper. Ah well. We do need a keeper though from somewhere unless Sarkic is ready for potential first team action. 

Sarkic's contract expires at the end of the month i believe

1 hour ago, hippo said:

June 2020 per the OS

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/04/03/sarkic-extends-villa-stay

The young goalkeeper’s new deal will see him remain a Villan until June 2020.

Oh, i hadn't heard about his contract being renewed.

i have a file of the players contract dates taken before xmas and his contract was still 30/06/2018 - someone must have forgotten to update it...

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Also I don’t even think he was that bad a keeper. He was no worse than Johnston in his first few months with us.

Johnstone became increasingly solid for us, but I still think it was mental sending out one young keeper to sit on another team's bench, while giving another team's keeper vital match experience. There wasn't much between them at all. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Johnstone became increasingly solid for us, but I still think it was mental sending out one young keeper to sit on another team's bench, while giving another team's keeper vital match experience. There wasn't much between them at all. 

If he couldn’t speak English I can imagine it must have been very hard for him. I don’t think there are any other Italian speaking players or staff at Villa. On top of that being a young kid in a new country struggling in a tought league. 

On a personal level it was probably the right thing to let him go if that’s what he wanted. 

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s  actually not that bad. Apparently he has mentioned his time at Villa in the song. 

I like that bit, it goes "It's a nice-a place, ahhh shuddupayaface, mother f*cker".

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Didn’t Gollini ask to leave because we wouldn’t let him have an Italian-speaking goalkeeping coach?

There won’t be scope for fancy nonsense like that in Tony Xia’s brave new stripped-down world.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he couldn’t speak English I can imagine it must have been very hard for him. I don’t think there are any other Italian speaking players or staff at Villa. On top of that being a young kid in a new country struggling in a tought league. 

On a personal level it was probably the right thing to let him go if that’s what he wanted. 

He was at United as a kid, i imagine his English was ok

Â