Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

I watch Italian football for a living and he won't be playing at Atalanta unless Berisha gets injured - Berisha will also be staying at Atalanta beyond this season.

What an idiot piece of business all round from Villa. He'll never play for us again but might go on to be a top level Serie A keeper. Short-termism.

He had half a season to try and hold down a place in the mid table of the second division and made a number of expensive errors and generally looked like a liability. 

Im pleased Bruce hasn't persevered with him too long, I'm guessing the offer from Atalanta was too good for us to refuse.

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

He had half a season to try and hold down a place in the mid table of the second division and made a number of expensive errors and generally looked like a liability. 

Im pleased Bruce hasn't persevered with him too long, I'm guessing the offer from Atalanta was too good for us to refuse.

Do you remember how bad De Gea was when he first came to England? 

32 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Not as bad as Gollini, and his mistakes were at the business end of the Premier League, not pushing Villa into the relegation zone of the second tier.

By that logic any goalkeeper who breaks into the first team and makes a load of howlers shouldn't be sold just incase they are the next DdG.

Didn't PG's team get relegated last season with him between the sticks?

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Its quite a poor comparison in my view. He had near 100 appearances for Atletico Madrid and had a Europa League, UEFA Super Cup and a Uefa underage winners medal on his CV and had numerous great performances

• Like 4

8 hours ago, DK82 said:

Nobody has said he is as good as De Gea. They are pointing out another young keepercwho struggled. That is it.

Thank you, a young keeper will make mistakes, actually scratch that.. all keepers will make mistakes. You dont have to ship them out after a few games. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I watch Italian football for a living and he won't be playing at Atalanta unless Berisha gets injured - Berisha will also be staying at Atalanta beyond this season.

What an idiot piece of business all round from Villa. He'll never play for us again but might go on to be a top level Serie A keeper. Short-termism.

might;)

9 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Thank you, a young keeper will make mistakes, actually scratch that.. all keepers will make mistakes. You dont have to ship them out after a few games. 

It hasn't helped him playing in such as imbalanced side as ours....with questionable protection.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

but we've signed johnstone...not only will he be learning on the job we'll then be sending him back once he's learnt it

But he's better than Gollini (on first looks) and we can look again in the summer for a new keeper. Maybe Johnstone will join? He'll never be Man Utd's number 1 so this would be a great place to play. 

13 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I watch Italian football for a living

You get paid to watch football. How do I sign up for that! :)

• Like 2

Just now, Xela said:

But he's better than Gollini (on first looks) and we can look again in the summer for a new keeper. Maybe Johnstone will join? He'll never be Man Utd's number 1 so this would be a great place to play. 

Wouldn't say he will never be united number one - he's signed a long contract there and is very highly rated - de gea could go back to Spain at some stage in the future .

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Wouldn't say he will never be united number one - he's signed a long contract there and is very highly rated - de gea could go back to Spain at some stage in the future .

3 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

He'll never be Uniteds number 1? Man this thread is killing me. Can you tell me next week's lottery numbers please? 

Ok perhaps I should have said, I can' see a team like Man Utd under the current regime not buying a massively expensive keeper from the continent if De Gea does leave.

Oh and 1, 7, 13, 19, 27 and 42

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DK82 said:

Nobody has said he is as good as De Gea. They are pointing out another young keepercwho struggled. That is it.

So what's the point of constantly bringing it up? It's not like anybody doesn't know this about De Gea. 

Â