Keith Wyness

villan-scott

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. If Xia is the bad guy here and won't put any money in and we're going under as a result, then is what Wyness doing a good thing? Trying to get investment to save the club?

It's an open question. I'm not an expert on what's happening. Guess it depends what version of events we're hearing is true and which isn't.

This speculation isn't particularly helpful and is basically just people picking sides and guessing. It basically reads as "if such and such is happening, is such and such happening?" and given that nobody on here is in a position to know at all what peoples motivations are it's pretty pointless speculating in my opinion.

I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash but to be honest I don't see the point in getting worked up with one person or another with no idea of what is happening.

I'd also add that these people haven't got rich by being good or bad but by making decisions to benefit themselves and/or their business interests. To try and decide whether Wyness is doing a good or bad thing is pretty subjective and in reality the truth is probably a bit more nuanced and he's somewhere in the middle of the good/bad spectrum.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

This speculation isn't particularly helpful and is basically just people picking sides and guessing. It basically reads as "if such and such is happening, is such and such happening?" and given that nobody on here is in a position to know at all what peoples motivations are it's pretty pointless speculating in my opinion.

I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash but to be honest I don't see the point in getting worked up with one person or another with no idea of what is happening.

I'd also add that these people haven't got rich by being good or bad but by making decisions to benefit themselves and/or their business interests. To try and decide whether Wyness is doing a good or bad thing is pretty subjective and in reality the truth is probably a bit more nuanced and he's somewhere in the middle of the good/bad spectrum.

Well my post was specifically written as a question. And i specified I didn't know any details. So I'm not even speculating, I'm asking questions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Based on what? Stan Collymore?

Genuine questions. I don't know enough to form an opinion.

No. I am sure Wyness has his side to the story but he has done this before and he was always in it for himself. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Based on what? Stan Collymore?

Genuine questions. I don't know enough to form an opinion.

To be honest I’m basing it on media reports and Stan and all of it is probably bullshit so I know about as much as you. 

But I have never liked the guy from his past history, his interviews and even his demeanour.  

Im glad it looks like he is gone. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Well my post was specifically written as a question. And i specified I didn't know any details. So I'm not even speculating, I'm asking questions.

I get this but the questions are loaded with "is Keith Wyness good or bad?" and "Is Tony Xia the bad guy?" and inevitably lead to people picking sides whilst knowing as much as you or I do in this situation.

The only question I'd like answered is "What is going on?" and as I don't think anybody on here has any information other than that our CEO has been suspended and we are late paying a £4-£5m pound tax bill I don't really see the point in asking it and would rather wait for any actual information to develop. I know that would make for a quiet forum but the speculation isn't helping and when you've got people hanging their hat on the business nous and inside knowledge of Stan Collymore, I don't think we're really getting any great insight into what's going on.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Stan isn't known for airing well-informed and nuanced views.

We don't know Wyness's motivation. Is he a greedy bastard trying to line his own pockets, or did he see a club in such a state that we couldn't even sort out paying the tax bill, and decide it's time to put the club above the owner? Possibly both. Who knows. Certainly not Bollocksmore. 

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Stan isn't known for airing well-informed and nuanced views.

We don't know Wyness's motivation. Is he a greedy bastard trying to line his own pockets, or did he see a club in such a state that we couldn't even sort out paying the tax bill, and decide it's time to put the club above the owner? Possibly both. Who knows. Certainly not Bollocksmore. 

If he saw a club that’s was in trouble surely as CEO it shouldn’t have been a shock. He’s not an outsider looking in, he’s part of the problem.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I get this but the questions are loaded with "is Keith Wyness good or bad?" and "Is Tony Xia the bad guy?" and inevitably lead to people picking sides whilst knowing as much as you or I do in this situation.

The only question I'd like answered is "What is going on?" and as I don't think anybody on here has any information other than that our CEO has been suspended and we are late paying a £4-£5m pound tax bill I don't really see the point in asking it and would rather wait for any actual information to develop. I know that would make for a quiet forum but the speculation isn't helping and when you've got people hanging their hat on the business nous and inside knowledge of Stan Collymore, I don't think we're really getting any great insight into what's going on.

I don’t think what goes on in here is either helpful or unhelpful to Villa at this time, or anytime for that matter. This and most other football blogs exist largely so that’s people can speculate and offer opinions, misguided or otherwise. Their greatest roll in the whole scheme of things is that they offer an opportunity for people to talk about the club they love and get things off their chest. It’s like a pressure release valve at times and must have saved thousands of cats from getting a boot up the rear over the years :)

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

If he saw a club that’s was in trouble surely as CEO it shouldn’t have been a shock. He’s not an outsider looking in, he’s part of the problem.   

I agree with this. Wasn't Keith Wyness the man who reliably informed us that there was a plan in place for if we went up and a plan in place for if we stayed down? Given what's happened this week, the plan put in place whilst he was CEO for if we failed to go up doesn't look to be the most well thought out plan.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t think what goes on in here is either helpful or unhelpful to Villa at this time, or anytime for that matter. This and most other football blogs exist largely so that’s people can speculate and offer opinions, misguided or otherwise. Their greatest roll in the whole scheme of things is that they offer an opportunity for people to talk about the club they love and get things off their chest. It’s like a pressure release valve at times and must have saved thousands of cats from getting a boot up the rear over the years :)

I agree that what goes on in here is neither helpful or unhelpful to Villa at any time although would argue that the mood amongst the fans at games has had an impact on performances in the past (less so this season as the fans have generally been satisfied with results).

In this case I just think it comes across as a bit silly for people to be calling out Tony Xia as a fraud or Keith Wyness as a good/bad person with no idea what is actually going on. A forum based on wild speculation is not a great thing to read in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I agree with this. Wasn't Keith Wyness the man who reliably informed us that there was a plan in place for if we went up and a plan in place for if we stayed down? Given what's happened this week, the plan put in place whilst he was CEO for if we failed to go up doesn't look to be the most well thought out plan.

Plan A: get promoted; use improved cash flow to pay debts and balance ffp.

Plan B: fail to to get promoted; go out of business.

Its the patented Wyness win-lose business plan!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I agree that what goes on in here is neither helpful or unhelpful to Villa at any time although would argue that the mood amongst the fans at games has had an impact on performances in the past (less so this season as the fans have generally been satisfied with results).

In this case I just think it comes across as a bit silly for people to be calling out Tony Xia as a fraud or Keith Wyness as a good/bad person with no idea what is actually going on. A forum based on wild speculation is not a great thing to read in my opinion. 

You’re right in that none of us really know what/who’s good or bad. The truth as ever is probably somewhere in the middle. I just think it helps people to have their say, I know it does me! In fact I’m forever refreshing Newsnow and clicking on stories that I know are just a rehash of a rehash by a jurno, I use the word loosely, that knows no more than me. But I can’t help it, I’m just a click bait whore!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

Really ?

I think we have as much as we need. We have no money are behind with payments to the inland revenue - and could be in administration by the weekend and the CEO has been suspended by the club.  - thats pretty much whats going on. 

What would administration do to our value? I'm guessing we'd be in the bargain bucket right? Might be a good thing if so to get a quick sale to someone with an idea and a new start.

On the other hand, any old chancer might have a punt. 

Happy days!

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

What would administration do to our value? I'm guessing we'd be in the bargain bucket right? Might be a good thing if so to get a quick sale to someone with an idea and a new start.

On the other hand, any old chancer might have a punt. 

Happy days!

Ken Bates/Massimo Cellino double act

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he is suspended then does that normally mean their is an investigation on his conduct prior to dismissal? 

I guess so, if he was giving information out to prospective buyers that we were up the shit, or trying to solicit investment by the same means unauthorised by Xia, then I'd expect there is an investigation afoot. Could all be moot if we go in to administration though ay.

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

A forum based on wild speculation is not a great thing to read in my opinion. 

But this is what the majority of posts on villatalk have, and always will be, based on...wild speculation, and people quoting it as though it's gospel. 

And you're right...it's not great 

Â