Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

I get the feeling he wasn't too bothered about the result last night, otherwise I think he would have brought Westwood on. Still disappointed with the manner of the defeat though I'm sure, and will have learned about some of the players.

5 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think RDM has that ruthless streak. And i think that will show in the coming weeks.

He attempted to give some of the players an opportunity and they proved what most of us have been saying, now he knows what he wants and who he doesn't. 

I would like to think this regime is a lot different to the previous ones. Thankfully were in a league where were able to make such drastic changes. I'd rather this happen in the Championship that the Premier due to the quality and prices of players. 

really want to hope that this is so, I really do...

13 hours ago, Richard said:

to be honest if we were ever given this scenario as a choice (and I realise it is unrealistic but hey he's tweeting everything at the minute so who knows ) - "We can sign another 7 players no worries or we can sign 5 and pay off Richards and one other" I'd take the second option

Of course the majority of us would but when you look at the figures involved and the fact that this guy is at heart, a businessman, it's just so far from reality. According to wikipedia, they've got a total of 5 years left at the club between them and they're on at least 50k a week each - that's 13 million quid (thanks Vanc :blush:) to pay them up in full. Even half of that would eat up a massive part of our transfer budget, I would imagine.

Edited by lexicon

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Of course the majority of us would but when you look at the figures involved and the fact that this guy is at heart, a businessman, it's just so far from reality. According to wikipedia, they've got a total of 5 years left at the club between them and they're on at least 50k a week each - that's 26 million quid to pay them up in full. Even half of that would eat up a massive part of our transfer budget, I would imagine.

It's not just the amount, it's that it'd have to be written off in the one year rather than over those 2/3 or more years.

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

According to wikipedia, they've got a total of 5 years left at the club between them and they're on at least 50k a week each - that's 26 million quid to pay them up in full.

NERD ALERT: I think 5 years between them at $50k each would be $13m.

Either way, that made me vomit in my mouth.  Shameful.

Edit: $ means GBP. Stupid Canadian keyboard.

Edited by Vancvillan

12 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

NERD ALERT: I think 5 years between them at $50k each would be $13m.

Either way, that made me vomit in my mouth.  Shameful.

Edit: $ means GBP. Stupid Canadian keyboard.

100,000 times 52, then times 5 is 26,000,000 is it not?

27 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He would do himself a favor if he wiped the table clean and got in all new players.

In any other side I would say this would be crazy but after seeing some of last season's players in the past couple of games I think you could be right. 

All about signing players with character that actually want to make Villa a force and not here for the big salary in the championship. 

Sadly the way modern day football is they seem to be all there for the pay cheque and the club is a distant second. Sickening stuff 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dirtysanchez said:

In any other side I would say this would be crazy but after seeing some of last season's players in the past couple of games I think you could be right. 

All about signing players with character that actually want to make Villa a force and not here for the big salary in the championship. 

Sadly the way modern day football is they seem to be all there for the pay cheque and the club is a distant second. Sickening stuff 

Yep. Not advisable for normal teams.

I think rdm has done the right thing in having a look at some of our players. I think you only see how good or bad a player is in a competitive game.

Was has given me hope for better times ahead is that everyone was there on wed night...xia, whyness(sp.), brian little...and there seems to have been an immediate reaction to how bad we were. Rewind to the lerner regime...absent owner, nobody really caring, no reaction to poor performance (we go again etc).

I'm actually glad xia has spoke out/tweeted, and pinned some blame on the players for once!

I think this is what has being missing for a number of years....somebody actually looking over the manager/players shoulders and saying...'hang on a min...we're awful, whats happening?'  

I hope that rdm gets the time and the players, and the licence to bin players he doesn't want, to turn this mess around

16 hours ago, hippo said:

Actually a little more than that. I live in yam yam land plenty of wba fans say he is ok if he can get things moving in the right direction. But is the man to do a lot of ass kicking, and a drastic overhaul - then emphatically no.

There's also something doing the rounds that he has a lot of business\propery interests back in italy. You just wonder as he made richards captain and put at CB - how much research has he been putting in.

Are you seriously suggesting he isnt taking this job seriously because he has property investments?? 

Â