Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

I'm still going to give him a chance, i hope that he has learnt from this game.

He has tried to over-complicate tactics in the way we play.  He needs to keep it simple. His change in subs and formation nicked us the point.

He needs to stop trying to fit all our players in the starting line up.

/

This result was big for us, we played the best team in the league and showed our quality in the second half.The late equaliser is huge and i believe this game is the turning point. Our players dug deep and got rewarded for it and i think this can only have a positive effect for our confidence and togetherness in the dressing room.

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Fear. Too scared of losing rather than setting out to go and win. 

This. All day every day.  Why not go man to man against them and have a go?  We've got good attacking players in this team.  Let them have a go.  

• Like 1

I'm surprised at the strength of feeling against him tbh. 

It's not like we are getting tanked every week and playing absolute shite (aka last season). We've more than competed in every game, created chances, haven't conceded a lot of goals and become massively harder to beat. We've played well a lot of the time and just not taken our chances and killed games off. 

It's not been good enough so far, but that's not all down to the manager IMO. We've signed a load of new players and are trying to bed them in, we've seen a few individual errors cost us, there's been a lack of composure in front of goal at times and injuries have disrupted things a bit early on. We are not where we are because of tactical ineptitude. It's a combination of factors.

I genuinely think we are nearly there. We've just played the team most people are tipping to walk away with this league. Yes we were shite first half and yes maybe he got the formation wrong, but we've dominated them for a large part of the second and should have won it. I'd even suggest the first half would have been different if JK does better when he breaks through. I just don't see what he is personally doing so massively wrong? Still think he will get us up. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 3

Needs to stop with 3atb. While we weren't exactly getting brilliant results we were playing good attacking football only a few games ago, now for whatever reason he's stopped that. Stick to 433/4231.

Really needs a win on Tuesday

7 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

It's not like we are getting tanked every week and playing absolute shite (aka last season). We've more than competed in every game, created chances, haven't conceded a lot of goals and become massively harder to beat. We've played well a lot of the time and just not taken our chances and killed games off. 

It's not been good enough so far, but that's not all down to the manager IMO. We've signed a load of new players and are trying to bed them in, we've seen a few individual errors cost us, there's been a lack of composure in front of goal at times and injuries have disrupted things a bit early on. We are not where we are because of tactical ineptitude. It's a combination of factors.

I genuinely think we are nearly there. We've just played the team most people are tipping to walk away with this league. Yes we were shite first half and yes maybe he got the formation wrong, but we've dominated them for a large part of the second and should have won it. I'd even suggest the first half would have been different if JK does better when he breaks through. I just don't see what he is personally doing so massively wrong? Still think he will get us up. 

I'll reply properly later but just on that last line, absolutely no chance.

• Like 1

Just now, Jareth said:

The RDM hate boils down to desperation to get back at the first time of asking. Just relax, expect this will take two years and you will find you hate him less. 

I'm not sure lowering expectations to like someone is the best option. Convincing myself it will be fun when we're in league 2 won't make me like Westwood more. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

The RDM hate boils down to desperation to get back at the first time of asking. Just relax, expect this will take two years and you will find you hate him less. 

No,  it doesn't.  It's down to his terrible management and in game tactics. 

8 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I suppose, when you can sense a dud early on, it's easier to feel more convinced of your opinion. No-one needed many games to know that Sherwood was the biggest fraud of a chancering mike bassetty tit of a manager. If a man can't manage a game or show direction or planning, then that's pretty damning. If there's a structure in place but it just isn't quite clicking, then that's different. Many people think it's the former at the moment, myself included I think, although I accept it's still early on. Remi Garde for example was the wrong guy at the wrong time but when he first came, before the poison washed over him with disillusionment, he was clearly an intelligent guy who had a plan about him. It didn't work here for obvious reasons at the time and went, but I would back him to succeed in a much healthier environment. RDM, like Sherwood seems to have good connections and the gift of the gab, and maintains a reputation in the game that isn't really merited on managerial competence at least. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It has nothing to do with desperation, I don't 'hate' him. I just don't think he is good enough for the job at hand.

• Like 2

Â