Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think we have played well on the whole but we haven't won enough games and that's got the fans on the back of the team far too quickly. Our recent games haven't been good performances - although we've just played the toughest home game we'll have all season and, again, not lost. 

From memory, we've won 1 and drawn 4 at home - and the fans have booed in 2 of those games. It's pathetic. 

Agreed.

I really haven't liked the atmosphere at VP lately. I'm not sure if it's just by me (K5 Lower), but it took about 30 seconds for the fans to start abusing Westwood and Ayew today. Thankfully everyone seemed to get behind the team in the last ten minutes and got ourselves a deserved equaliser. 

1 minute ago, KJT123 said:

Agreed.

I really haven't liked the atmosphere at VP lately. I'm not sure if it's just by me (K5 Lower), but it took about 30 seconds for the fans to start abusing Westwood and Ayew today. Thankfully everyone seemed to get behind the team in the last ten minutes and got ourselves a deserved equaliser. 

The players definitely reacted in a positive way when the crowd got behind the team after the disallowed goal.

• Like 3

I have stuck up for RDM - primarily for the following reasons, recognition of the enormity of the job that was/is needed, the damage further change would do, the limited amount of time he's had with some players, and what I see as some decent performances unfairly slated for not being wins.

But today IMO we got back in the game as much in spite of him as because of him. He said in his programming notes that having had all the guys for a week would be a great help. Sorry Robbie they looked like strangers to each other and strangers to the system.

Get a system. A simple one. Drill it into them. Stick with it.

For the reasons given we should stick with him, but he needs to show he has learnt the experiments must stop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Would you not be worried about the fact your looking for a manager who by the looks of it has lost his dressing room at his present club ?

Managers lose dressing rooms. It happens. Would you turn down Mourinho after he lost the Chelsea dressing room? Managers tend to have a shelf life but Hughes us vastly more experienced than RDM. I don't want RDM sacked but his management at present is awful. We had 6 games where we attacked well now he seems to be reacting to pressure and going defensive straight away. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-boss-roberto-di-8908565

Roberto Di Matteo is already battling to save his job as Aston Villa manager, writes Neil Moxley in the Sunday People . 

The former Italy star was under the cosh even before Saturday’s 1-1 draw at home to Newcastle , which leaves Villa with just one league victory this season. 

Boss Di Matteo has been left under no illusions as to the demands of new owner Dr Tony Xia as he tries to plot a return to the Premier League at the first time of asking. 

But the team’s poor start to their Championship campaign has put him under huge pressure.

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Winning 20% of your home games at this level is pathetic. Nobody expects us to win every game but we have probably seen about 60 minutes of decent football at Villa Park this season. The fans deserve more .

I thought we were excellent against Forest, good against Rotherham and good against Huddersfield for long periods.  Today, terrible first half, good last 30 minutes.

Honestly, we should have won 3 out of our 5 home games. We haven't, of course, but I don't think that's because we haven't played well enough.

Each to their own, though. I find the booing ridiculous.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

The RDM hate boils down to desperation to get back at the first time of asking. Just relax, expect this will take two years and you will find you hate him less. 

we spent more than teams like Real Madrid in the summer so I would expect us to be doing better than the same points as Burton Albion

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I thought we were excellent against Forest, good against Rotherham and good against Huddersfield for long periods.  Today, terrible first half, good last 30 minutes.

Honestly, we should have won 3 out of our 5 home games. We haven't, of course, but I don't think that's because we haven't played well enough.

Totally justified given the results and where we are in the table, it is simply not good enough and we need to have higher standards.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we spent more than teams like Real Madrid in the summer so I would expect us to be doing better than the same points as Burton Albion

Yeah, again, spending loads of money doesn't make players gel straight away and it also doesn't mean you've got the right players etc etc

Leicester won the Premier League with a squad that cost less than ours right now.

(Real Madrid analogy, **** lol)

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm not advocating the boos but I certainly understand it. We have been too bad for too long .People are fed up of not winning.

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Totally justified given the results and where we are in the table, it is simply not good enough and we need to have higher standards.

Not for me. Results alone don't tell the whole story and they certainly don't after 9 games. 

Our fanbase is pretty unbearable right now. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, again, spending loads of money doesn't make players gel straight away and it also doesn't mean you've got the right players etc etc

Leicester won the Premier League with a squad that cost less than ours right now.

(Real Madrid analogy, **** lol)

well if we spent so much money and arent the right players in the 2nd tier then you dont think its the managers fault?

Â