Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

For 60 minutes we were as bad as anything we have seen the last few years. Newcastle scored without doing anything.

Gung Ho, more luck than judgement and we got a result.

I notice like someone said before that he didn't leave the dug out til late to encourage the troops

Just now, Richard said:

Someone give me a coherent reason why he should retain his job other than "it could get better let's see"

I do think the next two games are crucial and should to some extent determine his fate. That being said, - I think a decent reason to retain a new manager is that chopping and changing a manager rapidly destroys stability and can do more harm than good. We have had a lot of changes at villa in the last 12 weeks, - bit of stability might not be a bad thing.

im not necessarily defending RDM, and I do think results have to improve given the cash spend but I do think the above is a coherent reason.

• Like 1

A massive amount of money spent yet its 1 win in 9, just 9 goals scored with a team that has 3 championship 20 goal scorers in the squad. 

we are already 11 points off the top, so that's automatic promotion nearly out of sight already.

He's made some glaring tactical errors in a large amount of our games this season.

Huddersfield and Derby - unable to counter their half-time adjustments - go from dominating to hanging on.

Brentford - ridiculous tactics of sitting back on a 1-0 lead for 60 minutes when playing effectively a 424

Ipswich and today - stupid setup where no one has a clue what they are meant to be doing, and we look awful as a result.

He's doing a terrible job so far.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because Rome wasn't built in a day? 

Rome

Population: 2, 869,461  Area: 1285 km2

Villa squad: 11 players, 7 substitutes, for 90 minutes.

Yes, he should have more than a day, but the construction is way behind schedule.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

For 60 minutes we were as bad as anything we have seen the last few years. Newcastle scored without doing anything.

Gung Ho, more luck than judgement and we got a result.

I notice like someone said before that he didn't leave the dug out til late to encourage the troops

It wasn't really more luck than judgment though?  There was so much wrong in our starting line up it was always going to go that way.  As soon as he addressed the glaring issues within his line up we suddenly looked half capable.  

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because Rome wasn't built in a day? 

That's based on a hope that things might get better . I have seen no evidence in fact things have got worse from a bright start 

• Like 2

RDM is showing worrying signs of being tactically inept. Starting with 3 at the back against one up front is wrong. At times 1 player covered 3 of ours and other times 2 players contained 5 of ours no wonder we couldn't attack!! Then he picked Bacuna in centre mid and our new winger as wing back!! We were awful 1st half and should've changed shape to get a footing in the game but he did nothing. We could easily have gone to 442 or 433 with the players we had on. In the first 6 games with a flat back 4 we have looked good going forward and pretty solid in games but because of a few late goals he's decided to play 3 at the back. We don't look any more solid but he's managed to nullify our attacking threat. 2 wins this week or he has to go. Hopefully Stoke lose next week and Hughes becomes available. 

Â