Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

Just now, bobzy said:

Not for me. Results alone don't tell the whole story and they certainly don't after 9 games. 

Our fanbase is pretty unbearable right now. 

The story has been pretty damn shite so far. The team needs to give the fans something to shout about, so far they've had very little. I'm not about to consider a good half against shite like Brentford and Huddlefield at home worthy of cheering. The results have been atrocious and it's high time they improved, if this is not accomplished soon under RDM he has to go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The story has been pretty damn shite so far. The team needs to give the fans something to shout about, so far they've had very little. I'm not about to consider a good half against shite like Brentford and Huddlefield at home worthy of cheering. The results have been atrocious and it's high time they improved, if this is not accomplished soon under RDM he has to go.

"Shite like Brentford" says enough for me. Self entitled crap. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well if we spent so much money and arent the right players in the 2nd tier then you dont think its the managers fault?

If you're constantly looking for faults and constantly wanting to blame the manager for everything, it's always the managers' fault.

My point is that spending loads of money isn't a guarantee of success and certainly isn't after 9 games. 

• Like 3

Just now, bobzy said:

"Shite like Brentford" says enough for me. Self entitled crap. 

Ah yes, the mighty Brentford who just got a spanking by Wolves and sit in the incredible position of 9th in the Championship. To think we shouldn't be dispatching of sides like this at home with the players we have and the money we have spent is utterly laughable and just goes to show how standards have slipped among some segments of our fan base. 

• Like 3

Really don't see the difference between him and Lambert i do see the same excuses being banded about though.

Not impressed tbh if were not amongst the top 5 teams by the end of October he needs to go. 

Edited by AshVilla

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If you're constantly looking for faults and constantly wanting to blame the manager for everything, it's always the managers' fault.

My point is that spending loads of money isn't a guarantee of success and certainly isn't after 9 games. 

your right spending money isnt a guarantee of success but in a league when some clubs are struggling to survive it is a real advantage. we player Ipswich last week who have spent about 2 million pound at most in last 5 seasons

Just now, AshVilla said:

Really don't see the difference between him and Lambert i do see the same excuses being banded about though.

Not impressed tbh if were not amongst the top 5 teams by the end of October he needs to go. 

he hasnt said we go again yet ;)

5 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

i think his downfall has been caused by trying to play all of our new attacking signings plus Ayew at the same time, and that takes the midfield out of balance. 

Well we have a chance now with Grealish in exile and McCormack injured.

For McCormack to get back in the starting 11 he needs to score some goals as a sub or at least influence the games like Rudy has done in fairness for us so far this season.

There is clearly pressure to be attacking at home. I can only guess this is the reasons behind the crap formations and putting players out of position.

Clue .. we spent a good amount to buying players who would walk into all but a few teams in this division.

So stick to a 4 4 2. Playing the players in their correct position and we should be winning or drawing all but a few games.

We are topheavy with forwards on the pitch and when we don't score those players look poor. That's because they are not in their correct positions.

We have kadj who looks good. He needs to be up top. Not out wide or dropping deep.

A tried and tested 4 4 2 is the way we will succeed with the players we have.

Stop fancying around with odd formations.  Keep it simple and have confidence in  the players you bought 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well we have a chance now with Grealish in exile and McCormack injured.

For McCormack to get back in the starting 11 he needs to score some goals as a sub or at least influence the games like Rudy has done in fairness for us so far this season.

I would play McCormack ahead of Ayew any day of the week, offers a lot more though could fit both in if didnt play 5 at the back

I think the way forward with fitness permitting is something like this:

------------------Gollini

Bacuna--Chester--Elphick*--Amavi

Adomah--Tshibola--Jedinak--Ayew

-----------McCormack--Kodjia

*Provided he gets his act together after last night.

• Like 3

Aston Villa boss Roberto Di Matteo facing the axe just nine matches into his reign

The Italian has just one league victory so far and is understood to have been warned about unsatisfactory results even before Saturday's draw with Newcastle

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-boss-roberto-di-8908565?

This guy is on the Lambert/Sherwood level of management. Hope he gets the bullet and his useless coaching staff of Clark and Bond too. Seriously, how could all three of them decide that that going 3 at the back against Newcastle was the best thing for this game? Absolute chancers. 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

This guy is on the Lambert/Sherwood level of management. Hope he gets the bullet and his useless coaching staff of Clark and Bond too. Seriously, how could all three of them decide that that going 3 at the back against Newcastle was the best thing for this game? Absolute chancers. 

I remember Lambert doing the same against a Stoke side at home, different manager, different league...same shit.

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

It isn't a guarantee but it does mean fans can expect more than 1 win in 9 games. 

http://www.footballinsider247.com/promotion-expert-lined-up-to-replace-di-matteo-at-aston-villa-report/?

ASTON VILLA BOMBSHELL AS PROMOTION EXPERT IN LINE TO REPLACE DI MATTEO – REPORT

25th September, 2016, 7:03 AM

By Harry Sykes

Steve Bruce has emerged as a leading contender to replace Roberto Di Matteo at Aston Villa, according to a report.

The Sun claim Bruce is ready to step in at Villa Park if the club dispense with manager Di Matteo, who was only appointed during the summer.

It is said that the 55-year-old is keen on the job even though he once managed arch-rivals Birmingham and he would unlikely to be a popular appointment with the majority of the fanbase.

Ex-Blues boss Bruce is keen on a return to management after leaving Hull during the summer following their promotion from the Championship.

The Sun report that Bruce has told friends that the Villa job appeals to him even though his links with Birmingham would mean a tough battle to win over the supporters.

But the owners, led by new chairman Tony Xia, may ignore that and look instead at his remarkable record of taking clubs to the Premier League.

Villa have had a poor start to the new season, even though they came from a goal down to secure a 1-1 draw against promotion favourites Newcastle at Villa Park on Saturday.

Aaron Tshibola headed a late equaliser as the home side fought back to draw with the Magpies in a meeting of two of last season’s Premier League teams.

However, Villa are placed a lowly 17th in the Championship table after taking just nine points from their nine league matches this season.

Â