Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

6 hours ago, Nabby said:

If your goalkeeper makes errors that leads to late goals is that the players fault or the manager who brought and selected him..?

Players take the blame rightly so but at this point the tactics and the players brought need to be questioned as the bigger issue .

Well obviously the keeper.. if he continuosuly does it then he gets dropped which would then be the managers decision.

Is it a bigger issue though or is it a bit of both? Tactics are half the problem, but then if Gollini stays on his line for that corner tonight we win and come away with 3 points and probably not having this discussion.

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rowett, big sam or hodgeson for me

Big sam for me would be a guranteed promotion within 2 years

But the fans will only accept in one. We are in a position where with the money our manager can spend and the squad we have promotion should be achieved. 

It really is getting increasingly difficult to envision a scenario where Di Matteo turns this around. He seems to have already lost a lot of the fanbase, and so far he seems so tactically tone deaf I can't blame anyone for wanting him out. Rightly or wrongly, fair or not, managers rarely recover from these situations.

He needs to go, and the sooner the better. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

I just think the fact we are conceding late in so many games is what's worrying. Once or twice even fair enough. 5 times in 10 games is unforgivable and that's not including the second half capitulation against Bristol City. Getting 3 points Saturday only masks over things imo. It will happen again if we stay with the current managerial setup.

late goals are irrelevant if we killed of these games earlier. IMO we have the best squad in the league and should be smashing many of these teams we have played. on the way to Ipswich we all agreed we wouldn't have a single one of their players in our starting 11 and that goes for many of the other teams we have played but we didn't turn up even though they were there for the taking. now is the time, as 2 proven managers in bruce and big sam are available

Really think we should axe him today. A win at Preston could muddy the waters for a while longer. For once lets be decisive - the results v money spent are not acceptable. and not many managers recover from this - do we want to waste this season - to prove what we all know - RDM isn't right for us.

20 minutes ago, KHV said:

Well we have gone a whole month without losing and are unbeaten in 5

Thats probably one of our longest unbeaten runs for some time :ph34r:

That would be a decent little run in the Premier League. We aren’t in the Premier League though unfortunately and are in the Championship putting our expensively assembled team up against, from what I have seen, poor opposition. That unbeaten run of ours includes games against Forest, Brentford and Barnsley and oh of course has zero victories.

I think even the most pessimistic supporter would have thought you were a right miserable bastard had you at the start of the season have predicted we would have won one of our first 10 Championship games and been dumped out the league cup by league 2 opposition. All after spending 60 odd mill and giving the manager a free hand in terms of who he retained and bringing in his coaching staff.

Edited by markavfc40

29 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

That would be a decent little run in the Premier League. We aren’t in the Premier League though unfortunately and are in the Championship putting our expensively assembled team up against, from what I have seen, poor opposition. That unbeaten run of ours includes games against Forest, Brentford and Barnsley and oh of course has zero victories.

I think even the most pessimistic supporter would have thought you were a right miserable bastard had you at the start of the season have predicted we would have won one of our first 10 Championship games and been dumped out the league cup by league 2 opposition. All after spending 60 odd mill and giving the manager a free hand in terms of who he retained and bringing in his coaching staff.

As I have said before the expensivley assembled team has not been put together at all well. I'm not confident with Gollini and feel Steer is more capable, and I'm not particulary impresed with Elphick although he was cheap. Chester at £9m was insane business, DeLaet was a total waste of time as there was really no need for a 4th right back, Tshibola was a big gamble as he has been injured for two years, Jedinak I have never rated and he has unsurprisingly to me been piss poor, McCormack had a huge price tag for his age and we already had Ayew and Grealish that could play the number 10 role so personally I think that deal was a waste of £12m. I like the signings of Kodjia and Adomah as they look fairly exciting and were players that we needed in positions we were light.

I think it was another really poor transfer window again for the club which has set us back. I think the money spent on Gollini, Chester, Jedinak and McCormack was money wasted and account for nearly 50% of our outlay. The centre back and centre midfield areas were badly neglected and we will not trouble the top 10 until they are sorted out properly

• Like 1

Â