Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

Just now, Woodytom said:

Remind me again, why are we waiting until Saturday? What will that prove?

That he can at best, win 2 in 11?

I don't get this obsession with clinging onto something that does not work. We're already passed the point of automatic promotion imo. We can't string that kind of form together..... never have been able to.

Im not clinging on to hope something works and saturday may prove many things like... he could pick a new formation that suddenly works, we may win, we may lose by 10 who knows. But lets say we beat Preston saturday (heres hoping !!) then he will have earnt a stay of execution, lose or draw then hes a gonner no danger. I disagree with the people saying have another 3 or 5 games as we will be in to 1/3 season gone. 1 more game against a team we should be beating is do or die for him, he wins it rolls over to the next game in the hope his formula comes together. We lose then he goes and we get some one else in.

1 minute ago, leighavfc said:

he wins it rolls over to the next game in the hope his formula comes together.

But that's kinda the point. The chances of a formula coming together are so slim it's not worth thinking about. Aston villa do not win 2,3,4 games on the spin. It just does not happen and hasn't consistently for half a decade. Nothing is going to change whether he wins or not.

28 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

There has been no progress in the last 11 games, I can't comprehend why people want to give him another 2, 3, 5 etc.

Worse it's gone backwards. In the early games we were attacking brilliantly,  unlucky to lose ot draw. 

Now he's had more time with the players and they've had more time to gel,  we are attacking poorly and lucky to draw. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

But that's kinda the point. The chances of a formula coming together are so slim it's not worth thinking about. Aston villa do not win 2,3,4 games on the spin. It just does not happen and hasn't consistently for half a decade. Nothing is going to change whether he wins or not.

To be fair, there will be a time when that isn't the case again. Not that I'm saying sacking RDM will suddenly change that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

There has been no progress in the last 11 games, I can't comprehend why people want to give him another 2, 3, 5 etc.

Because it would be another 2,3 or 5 points on the board? 

I agree though. Newcastle was the breaking point for me, he simply doesn't know what he is doing. When will we ever manage to employ a compotent manager?

Edited by villa89

Just now, villa89 said:

Because it would be another 2,3 or 5 points on the board? 

I agree though. Newcastle was the breaking point for me, he simply doesn't know what he is doing. When will we ever manage to employ a compotent manager.

Brentford for me although it was only confirmation of what I always feared.

I get people not wanting more change, I get people wanting some continuity etc but it can't be with Di Matteo. There is literally no reason to think things will improve.

• Like 2

I know the problems with this club go deeper than the manager but at the moment we're locked in this perpetual cycle. Have lots of chances in games, end up 1 goal up going into the final 5/10 minutes and then concede. Can anyone here honestly they say that they didn't believe we'd concede in the dying minutes yet again? Sacking RDM could at least shake things up and possibly break the cycle.

Edited by Mantis

23 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Yeah i get what your saying pal but at the same time, if he goes we aint gonna get another manager in the dugout by then even if we sack him this minute. So saturday is an important but in another sense a free game as in he has one last chance to get it right. If we fail to win get shot after the final whistle. If i was tony xia i would be seeing who is interested in coming in asap so we have a plan for if but probably more like when we get rid of Roberto.

If your logic is right about not winning 2, 3, 4 games in a row correct then no manager has a chance at all surely? We can win 2, 3, 4 games in a row with the right man in charge, whether thats di matteo or otherwise. One thing is for sure the next bad result he will be gone as the boos are already ringing loudly.

Surely the players have to take half the flack for this though? And thats not me sticking up for Di matteo, i just think they are the ones out on the field playing the game and supposedly doing their jobs.

Another thing i will say is that ive only seen the games live on tv so far so cant really comment on how well or badly weve been playing, other than based on all results so far.

Edited by leighavfc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I still think we should give him more time. Conceding late goals cant just be down to him. The players have to take responsibility. 

agree totally about the late goals and the players. Di Matteo has no control over that. If the players did their jobs properly we would have maybe one or two late goals conceded but nothing like what we have now.

1 minute ago, leighavfc said:

agree totally about the late goals and the players. Di Matteo has no control over that. If the players did their jobs properly we would have maybe one or two late goals conceded but nothing like what we have now.

So the players aren't doing their job -yet the manager keeps playing them.

Just now, Stratvillan said:

Agree , perhaps a diff. Manager would set them up differently?

Probably, im not routing for Di Matteo here but i just think that for the late goals part of our problem, its more the player fault then the manager. But then its more so the managers fault that we are not dominating and killing games off due to tactics, motivation, concentration or whatever. Double edged sword when we are losing points the way we are. He wont be after saturday IMHO

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Probably, im not routing for Di Matteo here but i just think that for the late goals part of our problem, its more the player fault then the manager. But then its more so the managers fault that we are not dominating and killing games off due to tactics, motivation, concentration or whatever. Double edged sword when we are losing points the way we are. He wont be after saturday IMHO

If your goalkeeper makes errors that leads to late goals is that the players fault or the manager who brought and selected him..?

Players take the blame rightly so but at this point the tactics and the players brought need to be questioned as the bigger issue .

Â