Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'd have sacked him immediately after the game then informed him the club coach was for employees only.

Harsh mate. Glad you're not my boss :) He does need to go though.

Edited by markavfc40

I think we are entering the endgame with RDM. He is now exhibiting all the signs of a manager in the last throws of his role. He cannot seem to change anything and anything he does just looks desperate. Dr Tony wont stand for it and I suspect only a win at the weekend will save him.

I am particularly disappointed with Steve Clarke, what the flip is he doing with the defensive coaching? Its beyond a joke now. Having said all that I do worry that we will morph into Leeds United where a nutty owner sacks manager on a whim.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dubliner said:

Totally agree. I've always found him to be very honest in interviews.

That being said his name doesn't rhyme with a car that Dr Tony can drive and we can make a song out of so it can't be him :)

32_ford_deuce_139630.jpg

• Like 3

God, i was actually looking forward to winning a few games this season... how stupid of me!!

Wasnt sure about Di Matteo before he joined but obviously he had my full backing like the rest of us, my patience is waining now. We cannot have any more of these late equalisers, it is incredible that a proffessional football team has conceded so many late goals in such a short amount of time. I dont think ive seen anything like our run of late goals.

For me if we do not win saturday then he's got go. We have literally no more time or points to waste if we want to go up this season, i think automatic promotion is a enormous ask even at this stage. Playoffs not so enormous but its gonna take a fair run of wins to get ourselves in contention in a notoriously difficult league.

Who do people want if he does go? Id say maybe have a look at Wagner from Huddersfield or how about Lee Johnson from Bristol City? Not massive names but something outside the usual suspects.

Edited by leighavfc

As well as the late goals conceded, one of the other things that is pathetic under RDM is the lack of goals we score. We have scored just 10, only 4 teams have less. We have scored more than 1 goal in a game just twice.

This is with 3 20 championship goal strikers in the squad, and players like Ayew, Grealish and Adomah.

Its shocking, especially as defences in this league are generally shit and will hand you chances on a plate. i reckon even Tony Pulis would have got more goals out of that lot.

Edited by andym
  • Like 2

I desperately want RDM  to succeed ,our results haven't been good enough ,I don't think it's all down to the manager but he has to take his share of the blame though the buck stops with him ,I would give him 5 games to see if results do improve otherwise get rid he will have had 15 games by then and we really should be getting results by then otherwise RDM is the wrong man for the job .

3 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

God, i was actually looking forward to winning a few games this season... how stupid of me!!

Wasnt sure about Di Matteo before he joined but obviously he had my full backing like the rest of us, my patience is waining now. We cannot have any more of these late goals, it is incredible that a proffessional football team has conceded so many late goals in such a short amount of time. I dont think ive seen anything like our run of late goals.

For me if we do not win saturday then he's got go. We have literally no more time or points to waste if we want to go up this season, i think automatic promotion is a enormous ask even at this stage. Playoffs not so enormous but its gonna take a fair run of wins to get ourselves in contention in a notoriously difficult league.

Who do people want if he does go? Id say maybe have a look at Wagner from Huddersfield or how about Lee Johnson from Bristol City? Not massive names but something outside the usual suspects.

Remind me again, why are we waiting until Saturday? What will that prove?

That he can at best, win 2 in 11?

I don't get this obsession with clinging onto something that does not work. We're already passed the point of automatic promotion imo. We can't string that kind of form together..... never have been able to.

1 minute ago, andym said:

As well as the late goals conceded, one of the other things that is pathetic under RDM is the lack of goals we score. We have scored just 10, only 4 teams have less. We have scored more than 1 goal in a game just once.

This is with 3 20 championship goal strikers in the squad, and players like Ayew, Grealish and Adomah.

Its shocking, especially as defences in this league are generally shit and will hand you chances on a plate. i reckon even Tony Pulis would have got more goals out of that lot.

This is a good point. We should be out of sight, or at least a couple of goals up, and then you don't get the last 10 minutes of panic.

Ten goals conceded in 10 games is not a bad record but 10 goals scored given our attacking options is shocking. You could argue we were unfortunate in the first half dozen games with the chances we missed. Of late though, despite the line up at times suggesting otherwise, we have been way too negative.

• Like 1

Â