Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We are solid now and in a position to push on. We can shut out teams, we can keep clean sheets. Now to be braver going forward.

I fancy us to win the next 3 games tbh.

Totally- 4 games against some decent sides in this league, and only conceded two - both from GK kicking errors.  As you say, already very solid and we'll be even harder to score against when Tish and Jedi are in there.  Just got to strengthen our attacking options now - could do with a play maker and some pace on the flanks and upfront.  Expect our link up play to get better as the players start to gel. 

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 3

On 18 July 2016 at 18:07, Richard said:

Not my decision really is it? I'm a fan of this club saying what I would like to happen. I'm saying ,  IMO,  we will be left with 4 or 5 Charles Nzogbias contributing nothing except affecting morale,  badly.  IMO if we have funds to make us a top 3 team in Europe and a willingness to improve,  then IMO,  the wisest may be to get rid of a few

Agreed and hopefully Amavi can come in at LB and we bring in 3 more new faces before end of window.

7 points from Bristol, Forest and Brentford and we'll be comfortably in the top 6.

They'll be some rocky results ahead but overall there's little to fear in this division.

We've played two of the best sides away from home and neither created that much against us. It's a little different to playing Man. City and Chelsea I must say!

• Like 1

It looks to me like we set up more defensively away from home, try and keep it solid and we've probably been unfortunate to not keep two clean sheets. At home, we look a completely different side and really try and attack from the off. I definitely think it's the right approach, the team has yet to really click but we have seen some great football at VP, I think we'll probably dish out a few thrashings at home this season. 

• Like 1

I think the fitness levels at moment are worrying, we have conceded late goals and in 2nd half we looked too tired

ill cut him some slack for subs since we have no attacking options at moment though would prefer Hepburn Murphy or even Gabby to Kozak

Probably the wrong thread but I'm still delighted that Moyes was avoided, the latest from him and he has form for negativity.

Sunderland boss David Moyes has told fans to prepare for another relegation battle this season after Sunday's 2-1 defeat by Middlesbrough.

The club have lost the opening two games under Moyes, who replaced England manager Sam Allardyce this summer.

Asked about fans fearing another struggle, he said: "Well, they would probably be right.

"That's where they've been every other year for the last four years, so why would it suddenly change?"

He continued: "I think it will be, I don't think you can hide the facts, that will be the case, yes. People will be flat because they are hoping that something is going to dramatically change - it can't dramatically change, it can't."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37150006

RDM hasn't said anything to drag the mood down here yet thankfully although the play has plenty of scope for improvement from an entertainment point of view.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Probably the wrong thread but I'm still delighted that Moyes was avoided, the latest from him and he has form for negativity.

RDM hasn't said anything to drag the mood down here yet thankfully although the play has plenty of scope for improvement from an entertainment point of view.

Christ, what a **** kill joy. Way to suck the hope out of your fan base before the season has really spluttered in to life. Way to motivate your players as well. 

Imagine going to the next game to support your team with that rousing speech in mind. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

How absolutely baffling! Two games into the season and your manager comes out and says that (even if it's true). Wtf?????? Look at Hull!? They have more right to speak like that and have not. Has nothing to do with us but very dissappointed in Moyes for that. Terrible management. (Unless he thinks it's reverse psychology in a parralel universe)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

23 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We've played two of the best sides away from home and neither created that much against us. It's a little different to playing Man. City and Chelsea I must say!

...and we came away with 0 goals and 1 point. Let's not get too carried away here!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

...and we came away with 0 goals and 1 point. Let's not get too carried away here!

To be fair though mate, we hardly got the ball in the middle of the park. The management have addressed that in signing Jedinak. His signing will be a major difference to our team because we should get more of the ball with him in the middle. We've also got to remember that we haven't finished our rebuild yet. 

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

Also i think we were the better team by far in large parts of the game.. considering we have so many new players and a few that didnt even play in those games.. Were travelling okay. I am a bit worried about the attack.. but that can click and is easy to fix than a leaky defence. At the moment our defence seems great. 

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think that you've been influenced by the David Moyes quote.

With a little luck, it could have been 6 points from those 2 games and we haven't got out of 2nd gear yet.

Nobody is getting carried away but by the same token, it is right to say that there isn't much to fear in this division.  We should realistically be going into nearly every game looking for 3 points.  The team is still gelling and will get better with time.  Further improvements in defence, midfield and attack look likely.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bobzy said:

It seems to be swept under the carpet that so far this season our only victory is Rotherham at home. 

• Like 1

I was skeptical about his appointment. But so far he is winning we over. Signings look good, we are already hard to beat and even score against and we are playing some decent stuff. Can see us giving someone a hammering soon, just hope it's at VP!

Keep up the good work RDM and Xia

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

It seems to be swept under the carpet that so far this season our only victory is Rotherham at home. 

You can look at it like that. Your choice.

Or you could look at it this way.

4 games.

2 clean sheets.

2 goals conceded (both freak goals)

After the absolute disaster we were last season, I'm delighted with that start. Only criticism is the lack of goals but as our forward line gels and more players come in (promised by Xia/RDM) then that'll be sorted. Add to that some luck that we deserve and we'll be fine.

I often wonder what people expect. You can't acknowledge that last year was a total disaster then have such high expectations so quickly.

• Like 3

Â