Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Will be interesting to see what happens whilst the new stand is being built. You'd expect it to last up to a year? Could be season ticket holders only for the whole period. 

How quickly could things progress once we get planning permission? 23/24 season start or maybe sooner? 

On 22/01/2022 at 12:35, DaveAV1 said:

If we make the new North Stand with filled on corners and a capacity of 17.5k, with the option of the lower being set up to be easily converted to  safe standing giving us a possible 55k ground capacity.

Then the long term view is that safe standing becomes the accepted norm over the next year or two and we redo the Holte into a huge all standing single tier to take us over 60k and scare the living bejesus out of away teams and properly suck the ball into the net when in full cry. We want our proper Holte End back!! The greatest end in world football. 

Just seen this, as I allured to in my other post we can't do that because of infrastructure problems, if safe standing came in and was allowed to be more than 1:1 which in theory allowed us to increase the capacity of the holte we still wouldn't be able to because the increased number of people would lead to an increase in the number of fire exits required, toilets, signage, disabled access, various other things, on top of that the steps that form the rows of the holte aren't wide enough to cope with 2:1 safely and then finally the load would increase due to the weight of the additional people and who knows if the structure could handle it

If ever it was allowed to go to 2:1 or any kind of increased capacity its not happening in an already existing converted stand, it's happening in a new purpose built completely future proofed stand 

And I hope the club allow for it and then push for it but getting 1:1 is going slow enough

13 minutes ago, Tony said:

Would love a box park style venue at the back of the north stand. Create a space for people to go pre and post match. 

That be class. 

Keep chants going after the game. 

Show the later kick offs, have food stalls, benches and stuff. 

Really easy to do that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Just seen this, as I allured to in my other post we can't do that because of infrastructure problems, if safe standing came in and was allowed to be more than 1:1 which in theory allowed us to increase the capacity of the holte we still wouldn't be able to because the increased number of people would lead to an increase in the number of fire exits required, toilets, signage, disabled access, various other things, on top of that the steps that form the rows of the holte aren't wide enough to cope with 2:1 safely and then finally the load would increase due to the weight of the additional people and who knows if the structure could handle it

If ever it was allowed to go to 2:1 or any kind of increased capacity its not happening in an already existing converted stand, it's happening in a new purpose built completely future proofed stand 

And I hope the club allow for it and then push for it but getting 1:1 is going slow enough

Well let’s just build a new huge Holte that is so big it casts a shadow over Small Heath all the way from Aston. If we build it they will come!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Well let’s just build a new huge Holte that is so big it casts a shadow over Small Heath all the way from Aston. If we build it they will come!

Frankly, I'd rather nobody came from Small Heath to Aston.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We should shortly be hearing something on this soon. It was on 27 November when Purslow said they hope to apply for outline planning consent in "a month or two"

It was a deliberate statement in a pre prepared interview, he had no need to put it out there so if we're going to have to wait a lot longer I would have much preferred that they hadn't said anything. 

• Like 2

On 22/01/2022 at 11:35, DaveAV1 said:

If we make the new North Stand with filled on corners and a capacity of 17.5k, with the option of the lower being set up to be easily converted to  safe standing giving us a possible 55k ground capacity.

Then the long term view is that safe standing becomes the accepted norm over the next year or two and we redo the Holte into a huge all standing single tier to take us over 60k and scare the living bejesus out of away teams and properly suck the ball into the net when in full cry. We want our proper Holte End back!! The greatest end in world football. 

I still have a couple of lumps of bricks  from the original Holte which I am prepared to throw in the mix should they want to rebuild it

THE RIGHT SIDE

Left side left side gives us a song

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I still have a couple of lumps of bricks  from the original Holte which I am prepared to throw in the mix should they want to rebuild it

THE RIGHT SIDE

Left side left side gives us a song

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Perhaps we could mate them and produce enough bricks to build an entire new stand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/01/2022 at 21:31, sidcow said:

We should shortly be hearing something on this soon. It was on 27 November when Purslow said they hope to apply for outline planning consent in "a month or two"

It was a deliberate statement in a pre prepared interview, he had no need to put it out there so if we're going to have to wait a lot longer I would have much preferred that they hadn't said anything. 

They must be waiting on something. Probably to do with a travel plan. Trying to talk to the train operator will be like herding cats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

They must be waiting on something. Probably to do with a travel plan. Trying to talk to the train operator will be like herding cats. 

There must be a significant improvement on the infrastructure before raising capacity. 

The current infrastructure is not fit for purpose with existing capacity so the infrastructure must there before we can expand 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I think a few improvements at the railway stations are needed but overall it's about organisation and more buses/carriages.   We don't need complete revolution here.

Very much this. The problem is basically that there is not enough public transport immediately after the game, coupled with everyone leaving at the same time.

The thing about the big crowds at the start of the 80s is that it was just as bad then, tbh, if not worse, in my hazy recollection. Traffic snarled up, queues for trains, buses etc.

There's not a solution which will see everyone able to immediately be whisked away from the ground with no hassle, but it does need much better co-ordination between public transport, traffic management and the game days, plus more people lingering instead of racing for the station etc. I just gave up on catching the train back into town and walk it, but it's not ideal in winter, at all.

• Like 3

Â