Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

53 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The world keeps changing and as my wife will testify, I’m rarely keen to embrace much of the changes. But I have to accept that I need to be more flexible. I’m nearly 59 and I plan to be around for a good while yet so I occasionally try to get down with the kids to some extent and I realise the futility of adapting a King Canute mindset. We can take our memories with us and they should play a big role in the design brief if ever we do move. 

Jesus don't start listening to the wife now. You've lasted this long without doing it

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Big fan of most stadia built along a waters edge. Those Everton plans were brilliant. 

I think it is Molde who’s stadium looks like an absolute dream. 

Re Molde - don't think so - a wraparound stand ?

3nRsQow.jpg

Edited by SirSteveUK

3 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

I thought all the indications from Purslow were to redevelop VP, not move to a new stadium? I see merit in both btw. 

How much would each cost? £600/700m for a new one?

£??m to redevelop?

Perhaps we do both, replace the north stand as a short term fix while we sort a location for a new build. 

18 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

I thought all the indications from Purslow were to redevelop VP, not move to a new stadium? I see merit in both btw. 

£??m to redevelop?

Posted a breakdown a few pages back - Everton’s new stadium is costing £505million - spuds £850million - plops main stand was £110 million and new Anfield road is around £80 million … 

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

Big fan of most stadia built along a waters edge. Those Everton plans were brilliant. 

I think it is Molde who’s stadium looks like an absolute dream. 

We need to incorporate the banks of the mighty Tame. If we can’t have a theme park, let’s go for a water park. 

53 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

£??m to redevelop?

I would have thought redevelopment would be cheaper than acquiring a site and building a whole new one. We don't need a Wembley, we just need to fill in the gaps. That would keep the history in tact. 

Every away fan, and I mean every away fan I have spoken to has always said they love Villa Park (looks not access). We should never lose that appeal. Villa Park is one of the most iconic stadia in the world.

I know I'm a sentimental old shit but some things should never change.

The way you felt when you first seen your missus, the way you felt when you first seen your child (or dog for you pet lovers). Financial success does not replace that feeling 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Posted a breakdown a few pages back - Everton’s new stadium is costing £505million - spuds £850million - plops main stand was £110 million and new Anfield road is around £80 million … 

Ahh cheers missed that 👍

1 hour ago, SirSteveUK said:

Re Molde - don't think so - a wraparound stand ?

3nRsQow.jpg

Was thinking more location, go street view on that. 👌
The structure itself isn’t too bad either actually. 

Edited by Tayls

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This. I don't think most Villa fans actually realise what we have. 

Most away fans rate Villa Park very highly.

She just needs a tidy up and a new North Stand. 

It would be massively cheaper to build a new North Stand,  buy all the houses on the south side of Holte Road and rebuild The Witton Lane stand, buy our own fleet of buses and employ our own drivers and rebuild Aston and Witton stations than buy a City Centre plot of land, demolish what's there and build a whole new stand. 

You could add buying a few new trains into that too and you still wouldn't get to even half the cost of a new stadium. 

Slightly update Villa Park and improve the train stations (access and volume). The transport links to VP are appalling compared to the bigger teams in London for instance. At the end of the day we are the biggest club in the  midlands so we should act like that. 

That doesn't mean a massive stadium, it means the best experience for home and away fans. Most marketing experts use the word experience as a benchmark guage, not looks. If we can attract new fans then great but the most important people are the current fans. They are the biggest sellers. 

4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Slightly update Villa Park and improve the train stations (access and volume). The transport links to VP are appalling compared to the bigger teams in London for instance. At the end of the day we are the biggest club in the  midlands so we should act like that. 

That doesn't mean a massive stadium, it means the best experience for home and away fans. Most marketing experts use the word experience as a benchmark guage, not looks. If we can attract new fans then great but the most important people are the current fans. They are the biggest sellers. 

No one will ever compete with London for public transport, it's just not possible. Their public transport budget is off the scale compared to the rest of the UK.

But outside of that 2 mainline train stations within 10 minute walk and on the doorstep of a motorway junction is about as good as it gets. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

No one will ever compete with London for public transport, it's just not possible. Their public transport budget is off the scale compared to the rest of the UK.

But outside of that 2 mainline train stations within 10 minute walk and on the doorstep of a motorway junction is about as good as it gets. 

So Villa need to invest in Witton and Aston stations. I'm not a civil servant so I don't know how private equity can invest in public services. We have got trams popping up all over the place, even Dudley has had millions spent on it in recent years. We are located in one of the poorest and most under invested locations in the region. The council don't give a shit so it will be up to Villa to change that. We aint Tottenham or Arsenal but (in my opinion) we are bigger than them. 

Villa are the biggest club in the Midlands and we should shout that as loud as we can

Transport links are ok it’s the way they are managed or not which is the issue -  traffic is complete carnage with no filtering or control. I always thought matchday parking should be at Star City or whatever it’s now called with a park and ride service ferrying to and from … 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not quite sure why so much of the discussion on the last few pages is about moving to a new stadium . . . whether anyone thinks it would be better or not, we know the club are not looking at a new stadium.

It's mainly been hypothetical. We're staying at the greatest stadium in football and rightly so. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

This. I don't think most Villa fans actually realise what we have. 

Most away fans rate Villa Park very highly.

She just needs a tidy up and a new North Stand. 

It would be massively cheaper to build a new North Stand,  buy all the houses on the south side of Holte Road and rebuild The Witton Lane stand, buy our own fleet of buses and employ our own drivers and rebuild Aston and Witton stations than buy a City Centre plot of land, demolish what's there and build a whole new stadium.

You could add buying a few new trains into that too and you still wouldn't get to even half the cost of a new stadium. 

Personally I think they **** redevelopment attempts with the exception of the Holte. Someone should be locked up for what was done to the Trinity. The new stand is decent, but so ugly. Hopefully it can be saved with time and money spent on the exterior.

• Like 2

Â