Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

It's a perfect place for a hotel if you want to have major music events, European football, hospitality, transportation to city centre, etc. It's a smart long term investment.

I doubt many people from north London sleep in Wembley hotels.

If I was going to Brum, I’d stay in the city centre again and bus or train to VP, not Vice versa.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MNVillan said:

If I was going to Brum, I’d stay in the city centre again and bus or train to VP, not Vice versa.

At the moment yes,  but what if you had an all singing all dancing luxury hotel with bars and restaurants on the Villa Park Complex?

How did your trip go? I remember talking about it in here when it was at the planning stage, I didn’t know it had gone ahead?

Edited by DaveAV1

14 hours ago, Mic09 said:

It's a perfect place for a hotel if you want to have major music events, European football, hospitality, transportation to city centre, etc. It's a smart long term investment.

I doubt many people from north London sleep in Wembley hotels.

I've stayed in a Wembley hotel when we played spurs away and I stayed in london for the weekend

The only chance a hotel would have there is if it was a budget hotel and could offer someone off the motorway a cheap night and then decent connections to the city centre and / or airport

At the moment those connections aren't there, a hotel at VP would die on its ass, Genting already does most of what people think a hotel at VP would do

7 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

At the moment yes,  but what if you had an all singing all dancing luxury hotel with bars and restaurants on the Villa Park Complex?

How did your trip go? I remember talking about it in here when it was at the planning stage, I didn’t know it had gone ahead?

He posted some really good reviews of his trip in the Palace and Man City threads (the two games him and his good lady attended) Worth a read 👍

18 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Depends on the situation.. If I was staying to catch a game, I'd rather stay walking distance from Villa Park and, if needed, catch public transport later in the day / next day into Birmingham to have a look around. The sheer volume of people exiting a game makes it more appealing to stay at a hotel by the ground to chill - especially if it had all the facilities of a proper nice hotel. 

Maybe in the future Villa Park will be included as a tram stop making it even easier to get to the city centre or Star City.

On 28/12/2021 at 22:56, The Fun Factory said:

It is not in the right location to have a hotel. Too far out of town and very little facilities nearby for a guest apart from low priced unhealthy food.

The hotel will compliment the clubs conference facilities. Outside of match days VP is a very busy conference and dinner venue.  A Hotel will bolster that.  You could roll straight out of the conference/dinner straight into bed without leaving the venue or messing with Taxis 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

The hotel will compliment the clubs conference facilities. Outside of match days VP is a very busy conference and dinner venue.  A Hotel will bolster that.  You could roll straight out of the conference/dinner straight into bed without leaving the venue or messing with Taxis 

Is it? 

I knew it was something that we offer but the actual take up of it I'm clueless on 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I knew it was something that we offer but the actual take up of it I'm clueless on 

It's pretty good, there's quite a lot goes on at Villa Park outside of matchdays. Conferences, christmas parties, weddings, a panto, all sorts of stuff to keep the hospitality department ticking over.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Is it? 

I've booked myself VP for Conferences and also attended a number of conferences and corporate events there. 

They do weddings and stuff too. 

Trinity Road stand is superb for it but I've also been to events in The North Stand and The Holte Hotel. 

And obviously The Holte Suite is available to hire. 

VP is busy all the time on non matchdays. 

Incidentally I've been to events at other Football Clubs but the viewof the pirch/stadium from The Trinity Stand is seriously impressive and is ways a topic of conversation with people attending who have never been to VP before. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Aren't those plans due out soon?

I wonder how that season ticket queue is looking following the last few days?

ST waiting list now up to 80k people waiting.

Redevelopment pending Coutihno arrival, plans ammended to 90000 all seater.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Aren't those plans due out soon?

honest its piece of piss to check

Planning Application Search (birmingham.gov.uk)

punch in B6 6HE in the address and everything at Villa Park will come up, you then click the application number, go down near the bottom of the next page and then click on view associated documents...and everything is there for anyone to look at (nothing is new though)

the harder thing is to find out who is working on the new stuff, being trying to find out who the project manager and main contractor is for the new academy building (because i work in construction) and i cant find a thing

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

punch in B6 6HE in the address and everything at Villa Park will come up, you then click the application number, go down near the bottom of the next page and then click on view associated documents...and everything is there for anyone to look at (nothing is new though)

the harder thing is to find out who is working on the new stuff, being trying to find out who the project manager and main contractor is for the new academy building (because i work in construction) and i cant find a thing

Yeah, it was a rhetorical question, my point was really about season ticket demand after this transfer window. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

HB Architects

• Thanks 1

Â