Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

12 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Agreed.  The architect must have been wearing a blindfold!

I don't know about the trinity but when they did the DE it was done entirely in-house and without an architect. I suppose the end result was not too bad. The main problem is the small concourse in the upper tier, however they had to reduce the stand's footprint due to the objections of the residents of the houses facing the stand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

If it's in line with the rest of their ambition shown so far then it's going to be very good, itching to see the plans.

I won't believe it till I'm OTSITS. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

If it's in line with the rest of their ambition shown so far then it's going to be very good, itching to see the plans.

Was just speaking to lads about this, we love a rollercoaster and also hope for a log flume

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Was just speaking to lads about this, we love a rollercoaster and also hope for a log flume

Not happening, Tony Xia is no more, he works in a sweat shop earning peanuts making semi conductors (slowly) somewhere in Kathmandu.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I can't stop reading that as Tits, what the heck are you on about Sid, what Tits?

On The Seat In The Stand.

Don't know what you were reading you filthy animal

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

On 11/12/2021 at 08:36, theboyangel said:

I don’t think we need to relocate but would like to see the North Stand redeveloped to increase capacity. 

That's the plan. I did a tour of Villa Park recently and the tour guide was saying that work should start in the next 18 months or so. However, they probably need another 15,000 seats to accomodate all the people waiting for season tickets but they can probably only add another 10,000 to the current 9,000 capacity of the North stand so there will still be a shortfall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quofan said:

That's the plan. I did a tour of Villa Park recently and the tour guide was saying that work should start in the next 18 months or so. However, they probably need another 15,000 seats to accomodate all the people waiting for season tickets but they can probably only add another 10,000 to the current 9,000 capacity of the North stand so there will still be a shortfall.

I can’t wait for that stand to come down it’s been an eyesore for decades!

• Like 1

What would peoples preferred option be for a new north stand ? Like spurs single tier end stand or the new a field road end ? 

The theoretical max capacity for an end stand based on current regs and c-values is around 17k - current north stand capacity is just over 7k . Shame we couldn’t have built the trinity bigger as it currently seats 13.5k compared to new main stand at Anfield which seats 20.5k and the SAF stand at OT which seats 25.5k. 

8028783A-A44F-49A8-A872-AA65663907C0.jpeg

8E4790CA-D9BB-4410-954A-C275B22396D0.jpeg

21 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What would peoples preferred option be for a new north stand ? Like spurs single tier end stand or the new a field road end ? 

The theoretical max capacity for an end stand based on current regs and c-values is around 17k - current north stand capacity is just over 7k . Shame we couldn’t have built the trinity bigger as it currently seats 13.5k compared to new main stand at Anfield which seats 20.5k and the SAF stand at OT which seats 25.5k. 

8028783A-A44F-49A8-A872-AA65663907C0.jpeg

8E4790CA-D9BB-4410-954A-C275B22396D0.jpeg

I think I actually prefer anfield. We already have the Holte end and the “To Dare Is To Do” motto is sickening and doesn’t make sense. 

It would have to be corners and probably 2 or 3 tier given the land layout and to be consistent with the trinity and DE. They may  market the corner between the trinity and new stand as a extension of the trinity and put more exec facilities, and maybe the main part behind the goal be marketed more as a Holte mark II. I am making wild guesses here.

10 hours ago, Quofan said:

The current North Stand is more like 7,000.  It was originally designed for 5K seating upper and 5K lower terrace. That why it is too small and the goalpost roof design is a major constraint.

A rebuilt North Stand would take the capacity to around 52k. Witton stand and holte cannot be expanded easily. Adding a 3rd tier to the trinity is in theory doable and could add around 6-7k with the corners of the 2nd tier squared off taking VP to just under 60k 

9580F5FB-87D7-40AD-A48D-06E0878806F2.jpeg

B9D25D3B-26D4-49BF-98CA-B4D12296132D.jpeg

E316D4DB-8FB9-4726-B59E-BF3FFBCE4C30.jpeg

I know this is swearing in church but moving forward VP will be holding the club back if we intent to compete with the biggest boys. Even if it's rebuild and modernized.

Hides for cover.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I think I actually prefer anfield. We already have the Holte end and the “To Dare Is To Do” motto is sickening and doesn’t make sense. 

You don't have to take the “To Dare Is To Do” motto, you know that?

Â