Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's not as though a quarterly tax bill just happened on us, it would be known well in advance so no excuses really.

Around 3 months in advance I’d hazard a guess at.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't buy (yet) that Xia is skint and a fraud. 

Same here. I think it’s an issue with getting funds out of China. I suspect it will all be resolved soon. 

Glad Wyness suspended though. That’s a start. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

The saddest bit of this is that nobody will take our rubbish number 9 striker. 

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

It is worse than even that. If we are wound up and go into liquidation - we start with a 10 point deduction. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(British_football)

I was implying those are the roles Xia will be occupying come the new season

Edited by mikeyp102

56 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Matt Scott
Hearing from several sources now that Aston Villa's financial difficulties are serious. This could very well lead to administration unless a buyer steps in to rescue it. Whether Xia would talk sensible numbers, though, is quite another matter. #AVFC

Matt Scott had said from the beginning that our new owner had no money behind him but I like most of us didn't believe him as I assumed we had done due diligence. The next statement I want to hear from the owner is that we have paid the tax bill in full rather than that we are trying to get the OK to pay part of it. This is embarrassing for our great football club and nothing short of shameful. Show me the money!

Not going to jump to any conclusions just yet.

Xia made some bold claims and I doubt that they were entirely hot air on his behalf.

Things are obviously more complicated than I can fathom, but I highly doubt based off his behaviour that we are in a serious mess.

Why I think that? Because he would have to be either very poorly informed or a complete opportunist on a gamble.

I would say the latter more likely than the former, but I don't believe either to be true yet.

4 minutes ago, John said:

Matt Scott had said from the beginning that our new owner had no money behind him but I like most of us didn't believe him as I assumed we had done due diligence. The next statement I want to hear from the owner is that we have paid the tax bill in full rather than that we are trying to get the OK to pay part of it. This is embarrassing for our great football club and nothing short of shameful. Show me the money!

Well if he’s said that from the beginning he’s hardly likely to do anything other than revel in these shenanigans. It still doesn’t make it true or untrue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I just can't wait til the next crisis Villa lurch into. How has it come to this?

We still haven't fully recovered from the many many years of wasteful spending and shit recruitment in the Premier League.

6 minutes ago, John said:

Matt Scott had said from the beginning that our new owner had no money behind him but I like most of us didn't believe him as I assumed we had done due diligence.

Matt Scott is a cockwomble of the highest order of cockwombles

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Think Xia does have money but not just FFP but this restriction of funds from China based people for foreign investments is going to hurt us as much as FFP.

What we're seeing now is we desperately need the outside injection of 100m + from premier league and not getting it is putting us in quite a serious position.

6 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Mindless speculation gets us nowhere. Tony has been a great owner in his 2 years, and deserves better than this. 

Great? He just did what Lerner did when took over. An exact carbon copy of throwing money and hoping it would stick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Think Xia does have money but not just FFP but this restriction of funds from China based people for foreign investments is going to hurt us as much as FFP.

What we're seeing now is we desperately need the outside injection of 100m + from premier league and not getting it is putting us in quite a serious position.

Seems like we need some cash not from China, time to sell a stake in the Villa Tony - get yourself on Dragons Den!

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Matt Scott is a cockwomble of the highest order of cockwombles

King of the cockwobbles in cockwobble on cock, cockwobble-shire, cockwobbleland. Is that the fella?

• Haha 1

Â