Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, MikeMcKenna said:

“Billionaires” don’t need time to pay a £4.2 million tax bill. 

If the Chinese government have moved the goalposts on outside investment then I can see how that could be the case.  It could be that he's dodgy as **** as well, there are a few different ways of speculating what is going on.  Judging by the fact that nothing good ever happens to Villa nowadays it's probably the latter, but I'm sure we will find out fairly soon what's going on for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Indeed, but it was obviously never anticipated that this would happen and that instead the club would now be heading for the Premier League. 

Yes I’m sure that was the plan. Not exactly a brilliant business plan. Sounds very similar to Randy throwing money around to get us into the top 4. You can’t change history, but I wish someone at the club would start learning from it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hippo said:

Being saying it for quite a while. He goes for the headline. The deal for the film company collapsed shortly after it was announced. Yet it is still on the website as an acquisition - thats what we are dealing with. Who knows how bad this could get ? - Administration is distinct possibility - thats why that tin pot consortium fancied there chances - they hope to get us for next to nothing.

Yeah i noticed this the other week and thought oh maybe he did buy it, i then read this.....

Taken from https://deadline.com/2017/08/millennium-film-deal-china-recon-dead-avi-lerner-1202158977/

The deal between China’s Recon Holding, which had reached an agreement to acquire a majority stake in Millennium Films in February, is now over, according to the head of the Los Angeles-based production company. The deal, heralded earlier this year by Tony Xia and his Beijing-based Recon (which is part of the Recon Group that owns England’s Aston Villa Football Club) was for the Chinese company to take a 51% stake initially, then acquire the rest.

Word came overnight that the deal was off. But then Xia took to Twitter to say it wasn’t and reports in the Financial Times suggested it might be re-financed offshore, and it wasn’t clear what was going on. Recon, in a regulatory filing in China, then said the acquisition deal was over.

According to Millennium co-founder and chairman Avi Lerner, the deal is dead. “They paid us $20 million and the deal is now dead. As far as we know, it’s dead. The deal was for a little over $200 million for 100% of the company. They gave us $20 million on the come and they were supposed to pay us and they gave us many reasons why they couldn’t. It was this, it was that. It’s very simple. It’s dead. There is no secret deal. I will find another buyer or continue as we are.”

This is strange if true!!

truly hope this aint all true, but the many murmurings and rumors since he has been here haven't got any quieter. There is not much info saying what he is worth or what Recon are worth, that is also strange. Then this and the news about the transfer money brought in early. Something is not right somewhere, whether that be hard for Xia to get money out of China to put into us or him not having the dow we think he has i don't know. This is worrying... 

I posted over on the SHA thread about the Blues fan a while ago who did a lot of digging on their owners and he was saying that he had info on Xia that he wouldn't release "until the right time came". I wonder if he knew anything about Xia, he was certainly pushing the shit or bust theory along with having this other info. Could be absolute shiiite of course, but make you wonder !

13 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

“Billionaires” don’t need time to pay a £4.2 million tax bill. 

you have just nicked my thoughts Mike.

It will all unfold, with rotten fruit inside I hasten to add.

I think the.... amongst the best teams in Europe in clap trap, was the dead give-away....but never thought it would come to this.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

did he ever claim to be a billionaire?

the only credible source i saw had him between 300 and 400 million and mostly in assets.

Yeah i think it was something like Recon managed billions of pounds of assets. Not sure about Xia don't think i have seen any figures on his wealth tbh.

24 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Indeed, but it was obviously never anticipated that this would happen and that instead the club would now be heading for the Premier League. 

but If we had of being heading for the Premier league, the cracks would not have appeared so soon, but the intent, was meant to be covered up.....so by powers of deduction, was we possibly only waiting for this to happen at a later date, depending on our fortunes.

so the insincerity, was always prevalent, but the success was based on a whim.

Russian Roulette aye.

Edited by TRO

8 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

did he ever claim to be a billionaire?

the only credible source i saw had him between 300 and 400 million and mostly in assets.

Yeah he intimated as much -

Tony Xia, Aston Villa’s owner-in-waiting, chuckles when asked if he is a dollar billionaire.

‘I think it’s rather more than that,’ says the 39-year-old Chinese businessman.....

Link

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

but If we had of being heading for the Premier league, the cracks would not have appeared so soon, but the intent, was meant to be covered up.....so by powers of deduction, was we possibly only waiting for this to happen at a later date, depending on our fortunes.

so the insincerity, was always prevalent, but the success was based on a whim.

Russian Roulette aye.

We would have come straight back down. Badly run clubs always fail in the end. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Yeah i think it was something like Recon managed billions of pounds of assets. Not sure about Xia don't think i have seen any figures on his wealth tbh.

while you always try to believe, when your money is not at stake....I only have my season card invested.

I always felt, he was a frontman for somebody, not necessarily well wedged himself.

Mind you wealthy owners means nothing, they have to want to spend it.....Ask Neil Warnock at QPR.

• Like 1

Â