Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Are we still going to pressure wash the North Stand this summer, as it's looking grubby? I need some positive news! 

Even better we're selling it to fund our next 6-months of taxes.. No North Stand next year, solves the cleaning problem and the money problem.. Xia is a genius. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate he is the CEO of a HUGE corporation and barely has time to be here.

He entrusted the running of AVFC to Wyness.

For all you know he has probably just found this shite out himself!

Will be infuriated and embarrassed.

Again what is the point of coming out with a statement when he might not know the full extent of the issue just because the fans want it?

Unless you require another vague statement?

They are obviously sorting it out themselves.

I would say this needs a statement releasing... HUGE embarrasment for the club, Wyness suspended. I dont agree with statements being released like the other day but for something like this its needed.. the mass hysteria just an hour after the story is just going to snowball until the club speaks.. all the rumours of Tony not having the money when he brought us and all the murmurings since then have just not gone away. 

Rumours of Wyness being "dodgy" at Aberdeen and Everton before hand also?

Then the Amavi and Sanchez money being roped in earlier?

The takeover talk

Imo there is Plenty for the Doc to be talking about.

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Are we still going to pressure wash the North Stand this summer, as it's looking grubby? I need some positive news! 

Everyday is one day closer to Micha Richards contract running out.

We are not Sunderland.

We will not lose a game within the next 30 days.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What? You can't be serious.

Failed in the target of promotion. - You level this at everyone

Serious FFP issues. - equallly due to our time in the prem

CEO suspended - Today's news!

Tax bill not paid. - See above

Collecting money from player sales early. - Yes, there are cash flow problems

And then weigh that up with two years of ambition and turning Villa around. We have NO information at the moment.

A very interesting summer ahead indeed.

A FFP problem to take care of..

Half a team have left us in effect - The half we have remaining also needs deadwood shifted from it - and most of them are high earners!

CEO suspended.

How long before Bruce leaves and I dare say most of his back room folk too..?

Tony needs to drop his shit and get his arse to Villa Park quickly to sort this mess out.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

And then weigh that up with two years of ambition and turning Villa around. We have NO information at the moment.

Same could be said for lerners first few years. Like i said, faith based on very little. 

We have no info? Everything i said previously is proven confirmed facts. Guess its easier to ignore to help keep the faith. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

I would say this needs a statement releasing... HUGE embarrasment for the club, Wyness suspended. I dont agree with statements being released like the other day but for something like this its needed.. the mass hysteria just an hour after the story is just going to snowball until the club speaks.. all the rumours of Tony not having the money when he brought us and all the murmurings since then have just not gone away. 

Rumours of Wyness being "dodgy" at Aberdeen and Everton before hand also?

Then the Amavi and Sanchez money being roped in earlier?

The takeover talk

Imo there is Plenty for the Doc to be talking about.

I think this is being over looked. This is very worrying. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I think this is being over looked. This is very worrying. 

100% this is not something small... this = we need cash... what that cash is needed for is a different question. Stuff like this does not happen unless you need cash. Its fairly common in small business but a business the size of Villa?? I cant see it unless there is a problem.Its as simple as that. Add that too todays story, and all the rest of it, i for one can completely understand people being worried. 

The rumours were at the time tony is going for it based on going up and getting the money... i would say today that this doesnt look too far off the real story.

Obviously we have no real facts to go off yet, it does not look good though imo.

• Like 1

We went for it with no plan and failed to get 4th (in the prem) and Randy was found out as a chancer.

History is repeating itself, we are in for a massive shock now. Club is on the way down.

Aston Villa Football Club has suspended its chief executive just days after losing the match badged as the most lucrative in world football, as it faces the potential threat of a winding-up order over a multimillion pound tax bill.

Sky News has learnt that Villa, which last month lost the Championship play-off final against Fulham, has been given a brief extension by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs to make the payment.

One source said the bill was due to be paid last week, and that the grace period to make the payment could be as short as a week.

If HMRC did serve a winding-up order against Villa, it could threaten the existence of one of the founder members of the English Football League in 1888.

However, a source close to the club insisted on Tuesday that its board was "confident of making a substantial tax payment within days".

On Tuesday, Villa suspended Keith Wyness, its chief executive since 2016, amid what sources described as efforts by him to find new funding to see the club through its current funding crisis.

Villa's financial travails since missing out on promotion to the Premier League are well-documented, with John Terry, the former Chelsea and England central defender, leaving the club shortly after the defeat.

Tony Xia, a Chinese businessman, bought Villa from Randy Lerner in 2016 but is reported to have held talks with potential buyers in recent days.

In a statement issued in response to an enquiry from Sky News, a spokesman said:

"Aston Villa Football Club can confirm that Chief Executive, Keith Wyness, has been suspended by the club with immediate effect.

"Owner and Chairman, Dr Tony Xia will assume the role until further notice.

"There will be no further comment from the club at this time."

There is no suggestion that Mr Wyness has been accused of any wrongdoing.

One source suggested that he had been suspended after informing Mr Xia that the club would have to file for administration if it could not meet its tax obligations.

https://news.sky.com/story/aston-villa-suspends-ceo-as-club-races-to-meet-hmrc-tax-bill-11395857

Â