Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

3 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Anyone thinking that what we’ve got here is a bullshitting opportunist!? 

All the talk of multi million pound deals being worked on that made Villa look like small change; buying film studios/other football clubs; opening theme parks; making us one of the top four/five football clubs...LOL!

This was a chancer buying a Championship football club with no serious finances to back it all up and no plan. It was a Premier League shit or bust approach. A total gamble on making the Premier League - not for the benefit of Aston Villa, but instead to enhance the brand of his own company. 

Seems pretty  much like it .

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

If there's an issue with cash for the tax bill then we might not want to be incurring any other multi-million pound bills like paying off Bruce and his staff.

Bruce will not stick around now - he will be off .

Just now, snowychap said:

If there's an issue with cash for the tax bill then we might not want to be incurring any other multi-million pound bills like paying off Bruce and his staff.

If all of what's coming out is true of be suprised if Bruce was aware and even more suprised if he will stick around afterwards.

Hmmm. Suspending the CEO for following tax regulations. If true then we really are more **** than first thought.

I'm sure someone will come in and buy the club. ?

As long as Xia doesn't sell Grealish on the cheap just to get this sorted, which I can imagine will happen now.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Hmmm. Suspending the CEO for following tax regulations. If true then we really are more **** than first thought.

As long as Xia doesn't sell Grealish on the cheap just to get this sorted, which I can imagine will happen now.

Think selling Grealish will still leave us short of cash - will take more than  that to sort things 

Edited by Eastie

Recon is a highly suspect organisation and a few of its companies are currently loss making. Xia himself has a fairly nondescript background and his own wealth cannot be verified. You then had a crook like Paul Samuelson involved with the take over of the club and then a highly suspect individual in Keith Wyness appointed as CEO. 

The deal didn't feel right at the time for me and the chickens are coming home to roost right now, I knew non-promotion would be catastrophic for this club and it's starting to unwind (no pun intended) a week after failure in the playoffs.

• Like 3

Could it be this - Xia, Wyness and Samuelson are just money-grabbers without a pot to piss in.

Wyness and Samuelson have previous, as we have heard rumoured. It is possible that Xia, far from being the innocent, is a chancer who knew the sort of people he was getting involved with.

I am beginning to think all sorts of things now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Could it be this - Xia, Wyness and Samuelson are just money-grabbers without a pot to piss in.

Wyness and Samuelson have previous, as we have heard rumoured. It is possible that Xia, far from being the innocent, is a chancer who knew the sort of people he was getting involved with.

IMG_20180605_194811.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I always wanted to believe Xia was genuine but I couldn’t understand why he would work with a charlatan like Wyness. We are now starting to see why. 

17 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Confident of paying a substantial amount? That sentence alone worries me. 

This is the really worrying bit. We clearly cannot pay the owed amount. It also means the debt has been accumulating for some time.

John Percy:

Conversation

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

it's quite possible that you have seen more recent information than I, but it's equally possible that the owner suspended the CEO for NOT following tax regulations AND for being unwilling to do the major overhaul and new approach the owner said we need.

I know, it's not like me to be the one to find an optimistic perspective.... just read the Bruce thread.   But I do see a lot of panic on here with some very sketchy and inconclusive indications being interpreted in the least positive light possible.

Agreed, given our club performance over the past several years, expecting the worst can seem very reasonable.  But that is not a guarantee that it's right.

• Like 4

Â