Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We would have come straight back down. Badly run clubs always fail in the end. 

I am beginning to think, it was just a matter of time, before we found out.

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I don't even think he has a billion Chinese Yuan.

He spent close to that when purchasing the club alone so this beyond a stretch.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

My thoughts were always we were bought by a Chinese consortium, Xia being the face, just for investment purposes. As when we went back to the Premier League our value would rise considerably. There thoughts were also on property including the ground ie increase the capacity to further increase value.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He spent close to that when purchasing the club alone so this beyond a stretch.

He did. But I guess it's only relevant if we know his actual financial starting point. ?

The other factor is the changing rules in China so maybe he is a billionaire with no money available.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

He did. But I guess it's only relevant if we know his actual financial starting point. ?

The other factor is the changing rules in China so maybe he is a billionaire with no money available.

Unless there is a candid approach....we will never know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

A man with true wealth would see this as a set back or mess.....not a potential catastrophe that we preside over.

A man with true wealth would have had a plan B, instead of hitting and hoping!

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No automatic alt text available.

That's what I read from the sky report posted earlier. Wyeness has gone for fishing for buyers behind Tony's back. Why he was doing that is another question. There are clearly, at best, cashflow issues, at worst deeper problems.

I'm sure once the far east wake up we'll hear more. 

• Like 1

According to the Daily Heil:

“The club insist the matter will be resolved inside 48 hours - with an initial payment of £2m - but Sportsmail understands there are allegations owner Dr Tony Xia has failed to put cash into the club for three months, raising huge concerns. Xia is said to have been struggling to get money out of China following a government clampdown. 

It is said Wyness, in his duty to find financial alternatives, was trying to raise funds through minor investors but Xia reacted badly to advice and temporarily dismissed his top executive.

In an alternative version of events it has been claimed Wyness was attempting to bring together a consortium to buy the club without Xia's prior knowledge. The Chinese businessman then found out and acted.”

Which ever bit  (if any) is true, we are basically in the sh*t!

3 minutes ago, rubberman said:

That's what I read from the sky report posted earlier. Wyeness has gone for fishing for buyers behind Tony's back. Why he was doing that is another question. There are clearly, at best, cashflow issues, at worst deeper problems.

I'm sure once the far east wake up we'll hear more. 

You could be right.

However I've thought of an alternative.

What if Wyness intentions were actually to try and capitalise on a temporary situation to secure another huge windfall for himself in the process?

Meanwhile Tony was away trying to sort a way of fixing this?

Either way it seems very disloyal.

Especially seeing that it would appear Tony took all of his advice. smh

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

On 20/05/2016 at 22:46, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I wouldn't apologise for being skeptical, even  if there does seem to be a view from a very brash and vocal section of the fanbase that skepticism is outrageous or just moaning for moaning's sake, and that all will be grand because the new man said so.

Nah. **** that. Too much doesn't add up for me to be a happy chappy just yet. If it turns out to be good and this was just a bad start, then fine, but so far nothing about this strikes me as something worth getting very optimistic about, unless one is into big daft promises and change for change's sake.

On 21/05/2016 at 01:36, YLN said:

It's a businessman/architect that really no one has heard of, heading up a group who have a controlling share in one, loss-making company that produces MSG, who says he has been a fan of Villa for a number of years, and adds that he wants to turn a likely poor Championship club into one of the biggest clubs in the world within ten years. There is some mention from Hollis of the Chinese government being involved, and that he played as a striker. 

So far, what has come out of Villa Park since the news broke has been an absolute mess. If this group are as rich as they claim, they would surely have gotten better advice on how to present themselves to the English media. There wouldn't be the miscommunication. They would have had people checking the officials statements for accuracy. There shouldn't be any question of anything being lost in translation. This is supposedly a multi billion pound group, and they can't come up with a statement that doesn't sound like a man rambling on about what he thinks he should be saying to fans to make them like him. So far it looks like it was all cobbled together, like a bad GCSE essay. 'Write a formal letter to fans of a club you've just taken over, telling them your plans for the future'.

I don't know what's actually going on, but to my untrained eye, it stinks

It stank from the very beginning

• Like 3

Â