Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

10 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

“However, a source close to the club insisted on Tuesday that its board was "confident of making a substantial tax payment within days".

But, but, but .... Xia is supposed to be a billionaire!

A threat by HMRC to wind up doesn’t appear out of the blue. This must have been going on for many months  

It stinks to high heaven  

Its only ffp that is stopping him from spending. Oh no, clearly bullshit. 

Confident of making it? No, it was a mistake, no it will be paid and sorted. We are confident of paying it. Good lord what a mess. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Sky reporting that he was suspended after telling Xia that we either pay the tax bill, or the club goes in to administration.

Which sounds like the kind of crazy bullshit you expect from an authoritarian regime. 

If this true, the club is in a desperate situation. It may suggest Xia hadnt (and still hasn’t?) got the money needed to pay the tax. The tax isn’t paid yet. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Its only ffp that is stopping him from spending. Oh no, clearly bullshit. 

Confident of making it? No, it was a mistake, no it will be paid and sorted. We are confident of paying it. Good lord what a mess. 

My fear is, that as some of us have long queried, he may not be as flush as he has always claimed. He may have gambled everything on promotion and the club is now facing disaster. Outstanding tax may amount to many millions. He may not have it

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

My fear is, that as some of us have long queried, he may not be as flush as he has always claimed. He may have gambled everything on promotion and the club now be facing disaster. Outstanding tax may amount to many millions. He may not have it

I think a lot of those mays could soon be confirmed as facts . 

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yup. "We have paid" would be great, "we will pay it by X", fine. "We're confident of paying"? **** alarm bells.

He's got a tip on a 50/1 outsider in the 13:50 at Wolverhampton tomorrow

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yup. "We have paid" would be great, "we will pay it by X", fine. "We're confident of paying"? **** alarm bells.

The word ‘substantial’ is also worrying as it suggests the club not be paying everything due. 

I was due to renew this week but will need assurances that the club will not be wound up and my money lost.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeMcKenna said:

My fear is, that as some of us have long queried, he may not be as flush as he has always claimed. He may have gambled everything on promotion and the club now be facing disaster. Outstanding tax may amount to many millions. He may not have it

I have always thought that Xia was asset rich meaning he would always have hundreds of millions if not billions to spend depending on which asset he sells from the Recon portfolio. The issue is after he took over the Chinese government clamped down, so he can sell assets all he wants, but if he can't get that money out of China to spend it then he may as well be worth a Curly Wurly and a packet of Skips.. 

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

The word ‘substantial’ is also worrying as it suggests the club not be paying everything due. 

I was due to renew this week but will need assurances that the club will not be wound up and my money lost.

Yep good spot. What a mess. 

Matt Scott
Hearing from several sources now that Aston Villa's financial difficulties are serious. This could very well lead to administration unless a buyer steps in to rescue it. Whether Xia would talk sensible numbers, though, is quite another matter. #AVFC

Edited by dounavilla

Anyone thinking that what we’ve got here is a bullshitting opportunist!? 

All the talk of multi million pound deals being worked on that made Villa look like small change; buying film studios/other football clubs; opening theme parks; making us one of the top four/five football clubs...LOL!

This was a chancer buying a Championship football club with no serious finances to back it all up and no plan. It was a Premier League shit or bust approach. A total gamble on making the Premier League - not for the benefit of Aston Villa, but instead to enhance the brand of his own company. 

• Like 1

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-06-03/china-banks-waning-demand-suggests-more-corporate-bond-defaults?__twitter_impression=true

"China’s banks, scrambling to adjust to the government’s deleveraging campaign, are likely to add to pressures on the corporate bond market as they shed more of their massive note holdings and de-risk their balance sheets."

Wonder how Recon and their magic money machine is doing.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Wolves get the mega rich owner with super agent contact and we get this fool. **** great. 

One last act of **** us over by that prick Lerner, couldn't even sell the club properly.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Dear Tony Xia

Now you have swung the axe on the CEO for being outdated and shit, Can you kindly do the same with the manager for missing out on promotion.

Thanks  :thumb:

Fixed.

If there's an issue with cash for the tax bill then we might not want to be incurring any other multi-million pound bills like paying off Bruce and his staff.

• Like 3

Â