Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

3 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Says he was once a Football Agent. Would not want one of those anywhere near us. 

Worked for Wolves...

Doubt he has the same pulling power as Mendes thou :D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

An owner will always be judged on the performance of the team. We’re in the championship and have failed to get promoted. We could have Man City’s owners and people would still be calling for their heads.

Dr X has made one bad appointment and one good appointment. Bruce stopped the rot when it looked highly likely that we would go the way of Sunderland. Bruce’s second season has been a failure in terms of the promotion aim, but we still finished 4th and were one game away from promotion. So I think, overall, the appointment of Bruce should be considered a good one. 

Aside from his managerial appointments, he’s been a complete breath of fresh air. How many other clubs have owners that interact with the fans as much as Dr X does? Under Lerner we called out for communication, and we’ve never had the embarrassment that comes from owners like Gold/Sullivan or similar.

’Great’ owner, maybe not (yet). But I think he could be considered a ‘good’ owner, at least.

This was said about Lerner during the first couple of years. 

We had his right hand man posting on fan forums. These things are easy when everyone is behind you. Be interesting to see how xia remains if he continues to fail. 

If you look around, the only websites that are reporting the "Dr Xia looking to sell" line are sites that are notorious clickbait journalism sites, that are merely reporting on the article in the sun, nothing more. And nobody believes the sun do they..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This was said about Lerner during the first couple of years. 

We had his right hand man posting on fan forums. These things are easy when everyone is behind you. Be interesting to see how xia remains if he continues to fail. 

In the first couple of years it could probably be argued that Lerner was a good owner too. Until an owner does something bad, it’s not fair to label them as such just on assumptions of what could happen next.

As someone else said earlier, I think Dr X deserves the benefit of the doubt at this point in time. So claims that him selling up would be good for Villa are a little premature.

With regards to the sale rumour, BBC WM have tweeted ‘UPDATE: Aston Villa have had no contact from any consortium re takeover and there is no indication that Dr Tony Xia is looking to sell the club’.

But also, ‘@avfctransfers1’, who is a very reliable Twitter source, believed to be someone from within the club, has tweeted a reply to someone askin about the rumour ‘Only 1 person know that’. Which presumably means that some people on the inside don’t even know, and it’s only Dr X who knows.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

In the first couple of years it could probably be argued that Lerner was a good owner too. Until an owner does something bad, it’s not fair to label them as such just on assumptions of what could happen next.

As someone else said earlier, I think Dr X deserves the benefit of the doubt at this point in time. So claims that him selling up would be good for Villa are a little premature.

With regards to the sale rumour, BBC WM have tweeted ‘UPDATE: Aston Villa have had no contact from any consortium re takeover and there is no indication that Dr Tony Xia is looking to sell the club’.

But also, ‘@avfctransfers1’, who is a very reliable Twitter source, believed to be someone from within the club, has tweeted a reply to someone askin about the rumour ‘Only 1 person know that’. Which presumably means that some people on the inside don’t even know, and it’s only Dr X who knows.

Avfc transfers works in the little  Aston hospital medical dept and that’s how he gets his transfer news in the main - he certainly wouldn’t know xias plans .

players get  booked there for medical and also serious injuries are dealt with there .

On transfers he is as reliable as they come but he wouldn’t know about xia  

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

After reading the last few pages of the mass hysteria regarding Xia selling I think a bit of normality is needed.

I do not think for one minute Tony is going anywhere and the only thing he will actively be looking to sell will be the high earning deadwood that offer us very little in the first team.

Jumping to conclusions during a time where everyone is on holidays and end of season breaks etc. and unable to comment in relation to the bullshit the press stir up every 2 minutes.

I think we will have a reassuring response from Dr Tone in due course regarding moving forwards for next season.

FWIW I do not sense one ounce that he is a chairman that is ready to sell up now or anytime in the near future and I cannot wait to see his response to such bullshit journalism.

Patience folks....

Are we supposed to assume then, that because we lost the playoff final, a national newspaper has decided to completely invent a story of a takeover? I just don't buy it!

With the current Abramovich situation, if ever there was a club to 'invent' stories of takeovers from a sensationalism point of view, then it would be Chelsea surely? I just don't see the merit of a national newspaper making something like this up? I could be completely wrong obviously, but instincts suggests something has or is currently going on. I read a tweet earlier that the consortium mentioned are not in the running, but another party could be, so who knows!

Do I think Xia has decided to sell up?...not sure.

Do I think he would if the right offer came in.....absolutely!

Que Sera, I'm refusing to read any speculation trumped up by  lazy journalists, they're boring before the inks dry. I'm going to (semi) enjoy the world cup for the next month or so and only take note of official sources from now on, I suggest you all save some blood vessels and do the same.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

After reading the last few pages of the mass hysteria regarding Xia selling I think a bit of normality is needed.

I do not think for one minute Tony is going anywhere and the only thing he will actively be looking to sell will be the high earning deadwood that offer us very little in the first team.

Jumping to conclusions during a time where everyone is on holidays and end of season breaks etc. and unable to comment in relation to the bullshit the press stir up every 2 minutes.

I think we will have a reassuring response from Dr Tone in due course regarding moving forwards for next season.

FWIW I do not sense one ounce that he is a chairman that is ready to sell up now or anytime in the near future and I cannot wait to see his response to such bullshit journalism.

Patience folks....

Agree.  Though Tony isnt going to give much away regards FFP if he comes out and says he isn't looking to sell.  Not much to ask unless he actually is looking to sell.

12 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Are we supposed to assume then, that because we lost the playoff final, a national newspaper has decided to completely invent a story of a takeover? I just don't buy it!

With the current Abramovich situation, if ever there was a club to 'invent' stories of takeovers from a sensationalism point of view, then it would be Chelsea surely? I just don't see the merit of a national newspaper making something like this up? I could be completely wrong obviously, but instincts suggests something has or is currently going on. I read a tweet earlier that the consortium mentioned are not in the running, but another party could be, so who knows!

Do I think Xia has decided to sell up?...not sure.

Do I think he would if the right offer came in.....absolutely!

yes because a) that rag has history of totally inventing stories and b) because said rag has a history of disliking villa (and all other midlands clubs)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

yes because a) that rag has history of totally inventing stories and b) because said rag has a history of disliking villa (and all other midlands clubs)

well I don't read it.....not since the mid nineties, so I'll bow to your wisdom on the subject.

I would still be very surprised if they just totally invented the story though.

Simon Jordan alluded to it last week on the radio aswell. Is he lying too? What would he gain from making it up?

I'm open minded to it. Until Xia puts the story to bed

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

I’m neither pro nor anti, but - in my view - he sacked RDM after 11 games, which regardless of whether it was right I’d not call backing.....he’s done a few tweets, and yes we’ve bought some decent players ( with parachute payments effectively ?) but nothing much different to many of the years previously.

If your 3 are the best he’s got to set against picking the wrong Managers ( if indeed one thinks he has) it’s not much is it ? Certainly not “great” surely ?

On the surface, 11 games was not right, but things are rarely on the surface.

I would not have had the conkers to back a manager, with the RDM record of 1 win.....but your sentiment is right, its no time at all.

However.

NB I would suspect, there was much we didn't know about that tenure.

33 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Patience folks....

If  there was ever a time of doubt.....but journalists just have to sell newspapers.....so no news, make it up.

simples.

He definitely expected us promoted by now. My worry is, that because we have not got promoted, and we are having a third season in the championship, then we are no value to him, and it's probably too much hassle to stick around. He expected us up within two years, and to then get the pot of gold that comes with being on the prem.

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He definitely expected us promoted by now. My worry is, that because we have not got promoted, and we are having a third season in the championship, then we are no value to him, and it's probably too much hassle to stick around. He expected us up within two years, and to then get the pot of gold that comes with being on the prem.

Yea, Champions League football within 5 years is also looking a bit dodgy!

Is this former football agent pushing the story and the press is guessing our owner would be open to any sale given our present financial situation? Ray Ransom and Michael Knighton are others that have been rumoured to be on the verge of taking over football clubs in the past this is hopefully take news as well.

Â