Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Where is the proof though that he even is a billionaire? Other posts saying we are being hamstrung by FFP...where is the proof of that?

If you look at what other clubs have got away with, it's hard to not feel like FFP is a convenient excuse. 

Whether it's just due to a lack of money, the issues getting it out of China, or not wanting to throw good money after bad, who knows.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

We need Bruce now more than ever. Someone with vast experience, who has seen all sorts and gets people pushing in the same direction... we are on the cusp now and it could get very nasty.

Is the silence a ploy that hears the whispers and walks away - and saves us £1.5m in compo.  We then employ another manager on half that amount.

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If you look at what other clubs have got away with, it's hard to not feel like FFP is a convenient excuse. 

Whether it's just due to a lack of money, the issues getting it out of China, or not wanting to throw good money after bad, who knows.

While we had the parachute payments there was no need to throw his own money at it.  Now we have a whopping hole in the finances  and radio silence.

I wonder if he has done a runner and we won't hear from him again - and we get sold on the QT to faceless  unknown owner. 

Most significant thing for me is the silence from Wyness  - has he been paid off ? - and is bound to stay silent.

• Like 1

We've talked ourselves round and round in circles, and now we've reached that week in the calendar when all we can do is wait with bated breath. I could have posted this in a number of threads, but I've put it here for one paramount reason. Our future is in the hands of Dr T .... so I'm waiting for him to speak. Sooner rather than later please Tony .... anything else is just speculation.

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

We've talked ourselves round and round in circles, and now we've reached that week in the calendar when all we can do is wait with bated breath. I could have posted this in a number of threads, but I've put it here for one paramount reason. Our future is in the hands of Dr T .... so I'm waiting for him to speak. Sooner rather than later please Tony .... anything else is just speculation.

Its like that time Apollo 13 turned off communication as it entered the earths atmosphere -.......and the world held its breath and waited....

(Its given me an Idea - Aston Villa the movie ????) 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I have been thinking this for some time. 

I know the other excuse is money leaving China and issues there, but that doesn't appear to be having much of an impact on Wolves

Just now, jim said:

I have been thinking this for some time. 

I know the other excuse is money leaving China and issues there, but that doesn't appear to be having much of an impact on Wolves

old news !

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

Its like that time Apollo 13 turned off communication as it entered the earths atmosphere -.......and the world held its breath and waited....

(Its given me an Idea - Aston Villa the movie ????) 

when i read this it made me chuckle....

Apparently Palace had a similar thing quite recently so I won't wet my pants just yet but the bubbling in my Villa tea does suggest things are going to get much much worse before they get better. 

Good times! 

Â