Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

9 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

It is likely to be a nonsense story given the pathetic rag it is being reported on but Xia is not a great owner. Enthusiastic and his heart is in the right place but he hasn't made the smart decisions to be considered a great owner.

Well intentioned and likeable - yes , great - certainly not . 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I could believe he would want to sell. But I don’t think anything will come of it. 

Hard to see him getting that reported asking price for sure in the current situation , given that a new owner would inherit the ffp situation . 

Now that a national newspaper has commented on possible takeover talks I would expect to see a formal statement or at least a twitter rant squashing the rumours from the Xia / the club. We have seen this kind of reaction for much less in the past. So if we continue to get radio silence this week then I think we can assume the rumours are true. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

By what possible benchmark could Xia be described as a 'great' owner?

exciting transfer windows.  better interaction with the fans. Backed his managers.

You can argue he picked the wrong managers but from my point of view he has been a breath of fresh air after the latter years of Lerner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

By what possible benchmark could Xia be described as a 'great' owner?

None whatsoever. Two years into his stewardship and the jury is still out.  I'm still willing to give him the benefit of any doubt but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turns out that he was an opportunist who thought Villa would be promoted by now. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

None whatsoever. Two years into his stewardship and the jury is still out.  I'm still willing to give him the benefit of any doubt but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turns out that he was an opportunist who thought Villa would be promoted by now. 

Agreed - I think he was that, that doesn't make him a bad person - I think he strapped one hand behind his back appointing RDM, and all of his other high flying ideas never seen the light of day. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Now that a national newspaper has commented on possible takeover talks I would expect to see a formal statement or at least a twitter rant squashing the rumours from the Xia / the club. We have seen this kind of reaction for much less in the past. So if we continue to get radio silence this week then I think we can assume the rumours are true. 

Yeah its exactly what i said in the previous page.  IF we hear nothing we defn are up for sale..  He hasnt been slow and dispelling BS rumors in the past

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Yeah its exactly what i said in the previous page.  IF we hear nothing we defn are up for sale..  He hasnt been slow and dispelling BS rumors in the past

I think there are degree's - If he got a firm offer of around what he paid - I would be 95% sure he would take it.

The other question - is he activley seeking a buyer ?  wouldn't rule that out either - recon always seem to be buying a selling companies.

11 hours ago, PieFacE said:

It's in The Sun. :rolleyes: Who would actually pay £100m for us now given our present situation?  I would far rather stick with the good Dr than be taken over by "a group of British businessmen" led by a former football agent who are likely looking to make a quick buck for each other. 

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

exciting transfer windows.  better interaction with the fans. Backed his managers.

You can argue he picked the wrong managers but from my point of view he has been a breath of fresh air after the latter years of Lerner.

I’m neither pro nor anti, but - in my view - he sacked RDM after 11 games, which regardless of whether it was right I’d not call backing.....he’s done a few tweets, and yes we’ve bought some decent players ( with parachute payments effectively ?) but nothing much different to many of the years previously.

If your 3 are the best he’s got to set against picking the wrong Managers ( if indeed one thinks he has) it’s not much is it ? Certainly not “great” surely ?

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

Â