Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

His whole approach has been a disaster so far and so similar to the last owner i can't help but be worried. 

Such small time thinking, such lazy decision making. And for what? Failure and potential serious long term damage. Again, just like the previous owner. 

This summer and upcoming season will now show us the true owner we have. Is he the disaster he has proven to be so far, or someone who has the ideas and decision making to take us forward. After what i have witnessed of him so far, i have little faith.

• Like 3

Simon Jordan of all people, who seems to have been following the Villa for a few years (for some reason) was on TalkSport last night. Said he knows some things so has to be careful what he says, but expects to see a change of ownership at the club. 

He probably knows chuff all, mind. 

The main thing Tony has got wrong is employing the wrong CEO and even that was wrong by 1 goal in a final. Such fine margins.

In my opinion all he would have done is sanction the spending. The people employed would have done the rest. Now you can’t question for a second he hasn’t done that. 

Now the club has sent out a communication rather than staying silent and pretty much told us what we already know. We didn’t hear what we wanted to hear but they have to be honest. 

• Like 4

Could Tony use a change of ownership to manipulate FFP? Basically sell the club from Recon Group to either a different company he owns or directly to himself in order to pump more money in to the club?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Simon Jordan of all people, who seems to have been following the Villa for a few years (for some reason) was on TalkSport last night. Said he knows some things so has to be careful what he says, but expects to see a change of ownership at the club. 

He probably knows chuff all, mind. 

It’s believable. His whole basis of him buying the club and the plans for it and the city as a whole are based on it being in the top flight.

Wouldnt surprise me at all if he sold the club.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Imagine if we didn't let that Fulham goal in and we won on penalties.. you would all be asking for a Dr Tony statue outside the ground.  

Fine margins. And when you gamble everything you either get all the glory or its a disaster. Doesn't make it right in hindsight though. 

I wouldn't be surprised either from both angles. It hasn't worked how he wanted it to, but also for us, new Chinese rules mean it's difficult for him to pump money abroad. 

Xia almost has two FFPs to get around. Ours and China's. I imagine it's very difficult for him to fund the club at the moment. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Could Tony use a change of ownership to manipulate FFP? Basically sell the club from Recon Group to either a different company he owns or directly to himself in order to pump more money in to the club?

No- whoever owns the club the ffp rules are the same and the debts of the last 3 years will still stand 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

No- whoever owns the club the ffp rules are the same and the debts of the last 3 years will still stand 

I thought there was a rule that allowed a new owner to invest x amount of money into the club without it counting towards FFP? If new owners are prevented from investing in and improving clubs with large debts that have breached FFP, it would stop these clubs that need to be sold from being taken over.

• Like 1

If we say the loss's are debt and they are written off by a new owner then maybe that is a way round , I'm not sure 

Forrest got purchased and had debts written off recently so maybe there is something in it ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43319004

Nottingham Forest recorded a pre-tax profit of more than £32m in 2016-17 after debts exceeding £40m were written off when Evangelos Marinakis and Sokratis Kominakis bought the club.

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I thought there was a rule that allowed a new owner to invest x amount of money into the club without it counting towards FFP? If new owners are prevented from investing in and improving clubs with large debts that have breached FFP, it would stop these clubs that need to be sold from being taken over.

thats uefa ffp .......not efl ffp

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

....cancel some contracts.....maybe.....

I just hope a businessman as successful as he appears looks into all the grey areas of this ridiculous rule. Wolves proved last year these can be found and manipulated. 

• Like 2

On 01/06/2018 at 03:28, vreitti said:

Yes it probably is, but that's short-term thinking, and we've just seen what such an approach has left us with. Although I'm worried, just like everyone else about the finances, I refuse to think we are in the mess so many seem to believe. I happen to think we're better run nowadays, and that there is in fact a well thought out contingency plan in place. The Dr. has already stated there'll be changes, but I don't think selling Grealish is on his agenda. If that does happen, we are surely talking about last resort solutions, where I suppose one just has to accept that the end justifies the means, however painful they may be.

I don’t think we WANT to sell Grealish.... but sometimes, a big club will turn a players head and the club has little choice but to take a hefty payment as consolation.  Personally, I think that is the most likely scenario here. 

Several have raised the option that we might keep Bruce IN ORDER TO keep Jack.  And while I admit a brief temptation, I would be uncomfortable letting a 22 year old kid (a quite recently VERY immature 20 year old) dictatr the strategic future of the club.  I would be uncomfortable letting any one player dictate the future of a club.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s believable. His whole basis of him buying the club and the plans for it and the city as a whole are based on it being in the top flight.

Wouldnt surprise me at all if he sold the club.

I would say his plans for the city are based on HS2 and the commonwealth games both of which are still happening

Im still convinced hes some sort of grand plan for a bit of land in a city that should see a lot of growth but thats still 3/4 years away, i dont know if us not getting promoted yet stops everything else from happening 

IMO although its apparent Xia should not be publicly making statements telling the world "we are in a sever position with FFP"

Would he do this with any other of his other business's that are in trouble and attract the circling vultures?   

This is a game of poker and showing the opposition your hand will end in financial suicide.  

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

IMO although its apparent Xia should not be publicly making statements telling the world "we are in a sever position with FFP"

Would he do this with any other of his other business's that are in trouble and attract the circling vultures?   

This is a game of poker and showing the opposition your hand will end in financial suicide.  

It’s no secret though - the accounts have been published each year and the ffp  rules are clear - xia hasn’t said anything we didn’t already know . 

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

It’s no secret though - the accounts have been published each year and the ffp  rules are clear - xia hasn’t said anything we didn’t already know . 

The amounts should remain private mate, 

Bottom line is no one really knows unless you are privy to the figures, Press reports estimate from £20m to £40m+ so thats a pretty big variation. 

Telling the world we are in a sever place is baffling IMO. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

The amounts should remain private mate, 

Bottom line is no one really knows unless you are privy to the figures, Press reports estimate from £20m to £40m+ so thats a pretty big variation. 

Telling the world we are in a sever place is baffling IMO. 

I don’t think he mentioned any  specific amounts . 

Â