Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Tony Xia wants to breathe fresh life into Aston Villa and will only consider selling up as a last resort, BirminghamLive understands

The vultures are circulating around Villa following the play-off final defeat to Fulham and potential investors believe they could purchase the club for a cut-price fee.

As many as FOUR different groups are interested in the Championship outfit, sources have told us, but Villa have received no offers at this stage.

There has also been no contact from the British-based consortium linked with a takeover bid in The Sun last night.

Tony-Xia.jpg

Meanwhile, back in China, Xia is exploring options to fund the 2018/19 campaign and help make Villa a success.

But with a limit on capital outflow, moving money out of his homeland has become increasingly difficult in recent times.

It’s one of the reasons why Villa have had to cut back in recent transfer windows.

Financial Fair Play is also another major problem. Last week we reported that Villa need to find £40million to fall in line with the regulations and it’s becoming apparent that a sale of Jack Grealish is inevitable.

The situation around Villa’s star man is sensitive.

He’s hurting as much as any fan right now after failing to win promotion back to the Premier League and faces a gut-wrenching decision about moving on.

Unusually, though, a departure might actually be the best thing for the club going forward.

Okay, so they lose their prized asset and the one die-hard fan remaining in the team.

But a transfer fee of around £30million would go some way to filling the black hole left by previous years of over-spending and the reduced parachute payments.

Villa have let John Terry and Gabby Agbonlahor go this summer and will not be able to sign any of the five loan players they had last season on permanent deals.

Xia warned of changes ahead in a carefully-worded statement last week and has since kept quiet as supporters bombard his Twitter page with questions about the future.

The Villa owner has invested around £150million in the club already following the takeover in 2016.

He considered buying other clubs in England before changing hands with Randy Lerner following relegation from the top-flight.

But it was that ‘love at first sight’ feeling that convinced him to purchase the claret and blues.

He still remains committed to Villa and wants to get the club back on the right track.

Reality has kicked in somewhat, though, following the Wembley defeat and another campaign in the Championship ahead.

That’s why potential new owners are monitoring the situation at Villa - and putting the feelers out to see whether Xia would sell.

It’s understood that selling would be an option, but only if he was able to get the money back that he paid for Villa two years ago.

For that to happen, though, Villa would need to receive a bid of around £80million and so far that hasn't been forthcoming.

Even if it was, there’s no guarantees that he would part ways after just two seasons, either.

A difficult summer lies ahead but Xia is committed to getting Villa prepared for the season ahead.

Losing Grealish - and maybe other top players - will kickstart the rebuild and then Villa can focus on what’s next

.https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/truth-behind-aston-villa-takeover-14740970

4 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Just rehashed nonsense, they know as much as you or I. 

I impulse shared, but upon reading the whole article, you are right.

They have basically put all the stories from the last couple days together and added a couple sentences. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder if we/Tony could get a new investor to boost the coffers, are our stocks worth much?

Even Man City got Chinese investment and their value soared even further.

Why would anyone want to invest in a loss making operation ? - so they can have a share of the losses ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Why would anyone want to invest in a loss making operation ? - so they can have a share of the losses ?

No, so they can reverse them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder if we/Tony could get a new investor to boost the coffers, are our stocks worth much?

Even Man City got Chinese investment and their value soared even further.

Man City are the only european team with chinese investment, to be state backed. CITIC Capital own a 13% share.

The laws changed in China late last year. It's not illegal for Chinese companies to invest in football clubs now, but it certainly is not welcomed and any deals open to scrutiny.

Interestingly, the chap that owns Fosun is the only owner to publicly state his approval of the new rules. Clearly their deal with Mendes is their advantage, but all the Wolves fans thinking they will be spending big money in the premier league are very dillusional.

• Like 1

Which will happen first:-

1.Xia starts making shrewd managerial appointments - and tweeks the business to make FFP less of a burden

2.He sells up.

For me easily 2 - I can not see anything good coming from his time here now. I think we have seen what he is made of - its just how long the agony goes on.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

No, so they can reverse them.

But then they would have to buy a controlling interest - u wouldn't invest in a loss making company - but have no decision making power

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Which will happen first:-

1.Xia starts making shrewd managerial appointments - and tweeks the business to make FFP less of a burden

2.He sells up.

For me easily 2 - I can not see anything good coming from his time here now. I think we have seen what he is made of - its just how long the agony goes on.

100% option 2!

He hasn't made a shrewd appointment in 2 years, nothing to suggest he will start now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I impulse shared, but upon reading the whole article, you are right.

They have basically put all the stories from the last couple days together and added a couple sentences. lol

Wasn't having a dig lol, it actually is word for word the last 5 days 'news'! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hippo said:

They do say, if you're a Billionaire and are aiming to be a Millionaire, buy a football club.

Without wishing for either an argument or to be called stupid, could someone who properly understands these things ( not just google, or hearsay, or paper talk, I can do all that myself) explain to me the £150/£160 million he is said to have spent so far ?

Genuine question, I’m not having a dig or anything at all.

Its just that in my non- financial brain he spent £70odd million on the Club, which, near enough, he gets back when he sells, so that’s effectively zero, and everything else has been financed by either (a) tv/ parachute/ tickets/ merchandising, or (b) is a debt to be repaid ?

PLEASE just factual stuff !

12 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Without wishing for either an argument or to be called stupid, could someone who properly understands these things ( not just google, or hearsay, or paper talk, I can do all that myself) explain to me the £150/£160 million he is said to have spent so far ?

Its just that in my non- financial brain he spent £70odd million on the Club, which, near enough, he gets back when he sells, so that’s effectively zero, and everything else has been financed by either (a) tv/ parachute/ tickets/ merchandising, or (b) is a debt to be repaid ?

I have been out of the accounting world for a good while now - but reviewing the accounts - which are all publicly available - and the reported prices at the time of purchase - it would seem to me that he has stuffed 50 million down his pants and cacked it all over Aston High street.

I m glad I got out of accounts when I did. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I was wondering the same.

However for one, I remember when some people were giving him grief on Twitter accusing him of being a fraud and only using parachute payments.

He responded "Parachute payments don't even cover wages".

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was wondering the same.

However for one, I remember when some people were giving him grief on Twitter accusing him of being a fraud and only using parachute payments.

He responded "Parachute payments don't even cover wages".

You are correct he did...........but I’m trying to see some facts..........not just tweets....I can’t find any anywhere ....at least I’m not the only one then !

• Like 1

Â